Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

On 12/29/2023 at 10:55 PM, nazpaz said:

The agent I spoke to today indicated that their tech team was aware of this problem.  She agreed with me that keeping the old app that shows us in the Green was a good idea.

I also choose not to provide the additional card info and will use the old app.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:05 PM, Steelers36 said:

@schooner_Drinker and @nazpaz, your recent posts above should be in the new App thread.  This thread is for the old app and is due to be locked once the old App is removed from guest access.

How do you find the "New App" thread?  Can someone post the link?

15 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I was looking for the "New App" thread on Cruise Critic.  I've already downloaded and used the "old" app on several Princess cruises. I'm curious about the comments on the "new' version of the app. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, travels2c said:

I was looking for the "New App" thread on Cruise Critic.  I've already downloaded and used the "old" app on several Princess cruises. I'm curious about the comments on the "new' version of the app. Thanks.

That is the thread on the New App.  Start on page 1, you’ll see all the comments so far.

Just click the thread below.

Edited by PacnGoNow

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That is the thread on the New App.  Start on page 1, you’ll see all the comments so far.

Just click the thread below.

BTW, to find the forum threads..

Click the horizontal lines upper right page on CC

>Forums>Forums>
scroll down to Princess Cruises 

Then you’ll see all the threads.

Notice the 2nd one is the New Princess App.

Click on any you want to read.

I spoke with a senior IT manager while we were on the Caribbean Princess over Christmas and asked him if we should go ahead and download the new app and he said to go ahead.  We did and I like to the new look and it seems to navigate a little easier.  However, I am having a problem trying to see my other future booked voyages and can't figure out how to navigate to them.  The upcoming voyage later this month comes up but I can't get to the others.  Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, Grego said:

I spoke with a senior IT manager while we were on the Caribbean Princess over Christmas and asked him if we should go ahead and download the new app and he said to go ahead.  We did and I like to the new look and it seems to navigate a little easier.  However, I am having a problem trying to see my other future booked voyages and can't figure out how to navigate to them.  The upcoming voyage later this month comes up but I can't get to the others.  Any suggestions?

Post on the new thread (a sticky) devoted to the new App.  You are reporting a common issue.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Post on the new thread (a sticky) devoted to the new App.  You are reporting a common issue.

It will be nice if you see all cruises however, with the complexity of the new App I don’t think Princess or there outsource company have the acknowledge of doing that. 😀

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Grego said:

Presently, to see other cruises, you’ll have log in the App

using the booking number for each cruise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Presently, to see other cruises, you’ll have log in the App

using the booking number for each cruise.

Exactly, I figured that out by remembering that in the past even with the Personalizer you could access any booking by logging in with the booking number rather than the username and password.  Using the other booking numbers worked but cumbersome because you need to enter you name and birth dates.  I hope they will offer a way to show all the upcoming bookings like the old app did.

• Like 2

Took the leap of faith.  New app did migrate my information from the old app, but definitely not working well.

Wants to charge me for shipping Medallion ($10). Is that default and I have to get reimbursed on the ship?  Will it go away?  If I hit place order, will the charge disappear?

Dining reservations only available for 2 weeks out of cruise.  Can't do Crown Grill on first night.

Can't see excursions purchased or even choose additional ones.

Can't see any other future cruises.

I'm sorry, I did not read all the previous pages.  Only downloaded to ipad not phone.

Can't see port information.

• Like 1

I'm still using the old app until I have to change over.  Cruise not until 4/27.  Is there a way in the old app that I can give permission for my credit card to be used for pre cruise charges such as shore excursions for my son and his finance?  We are in separate cabins so separate booking numbers.  The CVP says that our bookings are linked.  I tried to book a shore excursion for them yesterday as there were only 4 spots left on it and I couldn't get the app or website to accept my cc.  I might be wrong but I thought I was able to book excursions for them on the website and it would take my credit card on our last cruise.

2 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

I'm still using the old app until I have to change over.  Cruise not until 4/27.  Is there a way in the old app that I can give permission for my credit card to be used for pre cruise charges such as shore excursions for my son and his finance?  We are in separate cabins so separate booking numbers.  The CVP says that our bookings are linked.  I tried to book a shore excursion for them yesterday as there were only 4 spots left on it and I couldn't get the app or website to accept my cc.  I might be wrong but I thought I was able to book excursions for them on the website and it would take my credit card on our last cruise.

How about booking the excursion for them in their Cruise Personalizer and use your credit card to pay?

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

How about booking the excursion for them in their Cruise Personalizer and use your credit card to pay?

Tried that and kept saying that something was wrong with cc information and couldn't book.  I tried 2 different cc's and my paypal account and no go.  I was almost certain that it what I did last year, book on my son's personalizer and used my credit card.

8 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Tried that and kept saying that something was wrong with cc information and couldn't book.  I tried 2 different cc's and my paypal account and no go.  I was almost certain that it what I did last year, book on my son's personalizer and used my credit card.

I have not done this for a while, but does the payment section allow you to put in name and billing address?  If not, it will be defaulting to the booking information and then the CC database check will fail and payment denied.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

I have not done this for a while, but does the payment section allow you to put in name and billing address?  If not, it will be defaulting to the booking information and then the CC database check will fail and payment denied.

When reserving and coming to the payment screen, it automatically gives the person who's personalizer is being used, I used my son's, with all their information.  But no credit card info.  That must be filled in.  I tried changing it to my name and address etc and then my cc# and then tried leaving it with his info and using my cc# and it still rejected it no matter how I did it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Plus package but what is confusing is that in the Summary it states that the Medallion shipping is free but there's a $27 charge. Is this a glitch or does in Princess lingo free mean not free.

10 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

I have the Plus package but what is confusing is that in the Summary it states that the Medallion shipping is free but there's a $27 charge. Is this a glitch or does in Princess lingo free mean not free.

$27?  Did you order accessories?  Is that CAD?

It should be $10 total if you have standard fare.  Package fare $0.

Is this on the new or old App?

They have had issues with charging the shipping $10 

for those on beverage packages. If it does charge you, then ask for a credit once OB.

Edited by PacnGoNow

This is on the travel summary on their website. This is what I get. I also tried to order the Medallion on the new app but I can't confirm shipping until 13 days before the cruise. I'm in line waiting to chat with Princess as I type this. BTW I'm Canadian and my charges are in CAD. But even with the current exchange rates, $27 is way too high.

DND - Free Medallion Shipping 1

$27.00

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

This is on the travel summary on their website. This is what I get. I also tried to order the Medallion on the new app but I can't confirm shipping until 13 days before the cruise. I'm in line waiting to chat with Princess as I type this. BTW I'm Canadian and my charges are in CAD. But even with the current exchange rates, $27 is way too high.

$27.00

If you haven’t ordered it yet, then this is not a charge.  That sounds like an accounting code.

cad 27 would equal shipping 2 separate orders of medallions. 

You need to order it before 13 days.  BTW, they usually ship them about 14 days before.  You would receive them about 11 days before.

Try ordering again on the old app or the new app.  I doubt chat would have any idea.  JMO

Edited by PacnGoNow

I just figured out why I can't ask for them to be shipped as I haven't completed all of the steps in the Travel Checklist. But I might just be reading the travel summary wrong. It lists all of the stuff I am getting with my Plus package because if I add up all of the figures, I get an amount way over what I paid. So that $27 per Medallion is what they would have charged me had I not had the package. Sorry for the confusion. I'll finalize the checklist and I'm sure it can be shipped. Thanks for your input.

Edited by HMSDingy

4 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

$27.00

$27.00 ??  My says $18.90 per person.  Assuming that in Canadian funds and I have the package. 

Edited by DHP1