Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

As the  Ocean Medallion App Questions - Part 3  which has gotten very long since opening , it's time to start a Part 4 with all of the new things that can be done including Dine My Way. 

Thanks @capriccio for the suggestion!  Hope this new thread takes off like the others.

I’ll leave Part 2 up at the topic and lock it so that we members don’t have to look through so many pages to get the new questions and answers.  

Here was the links that Laura had left on Part 2.

Please use this new topic to ask and answer all questions regarding Princess' Ocean Medallion products, apps and functionality.

For a resource purposes:

Princess Cruises' OceanMedallion Transforms Cruising ~ Sponsored by Princess Cruises

*Link to:  Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

*Link to: Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

• Thanks 2

You may need to rename this thread on December 1 if the rumors of a new name for the app are true.  And if those rumors ARE true, the thread could take off like Starship did on Saturday!  Hopefully not with the same end of a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, DCThunder said:

You may need to rename this thread on December 1 if the rumors of a new name for the app are true.  And if those rumors ARE true, the thread could take off like Starship did on Saturday!  Hopefully not with the same end of a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly.

I'll keep an eye on it and if you see it before me, please tag me so I get notification and will change the name. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I'll keep an eye on it and if you see it before me, please tag me so I get notification and will change the name. 

Right.  I was thinking that a new thread be started looking at a whole new design version - whatever - that is supposed to be coming out.  Perhaps a fresh start then.  We shall see.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Right.  I was thinking that a new thread be started looking at a whole new design version - whatever - that is supposed to be coming out.  Perhaps a fresh start then.  We shall see.  

I think the only question is ...

Can they come up with a more pompous name than 'Global Experience Innovators' ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DCThunder said:

I am only seeing this so called news from one blogger. I am branding it as rumor. If it was real I would think someone like Don Teris who travels Princess a lot would have said something 

• Like 3

Let me begin this post by saying - if I am doing/saying anything that is against the rules here - I apologize and would hope you would immediately remove this post and hopefully hold me harmless because I mean no harm - I mean only to share with others.

So if you are actually still reading this - the following are screenshots from that one blogger out there discussing the mythical "NEW" Princess Cruises APP that may be or may be not coming our way soon shared.  Her shared background info looks legit from other Princess presentations previously presented.

Screenshot2023-11-20at23-09-54LetsGo!TravelTips.png.45eae4c6b41a7dd889ff994ee5a9d6e0.pngScreenshot2023-11-20at23-10-24LetsGo!TravelTips.png.c3d1c400af067edab473c9169039c98e.png

My own commentary - I hope it is true.  I am glad to see Princess may have spent the time and money to simply "come back new" with a new app instead of more band-aids being applied to the broken one.  I think we hope it works - maybe enough to add to my "Dear Santa" list.

My thoughts on the blogger are that as she is a travel agent who recently returned from an agent cruise she may have accidentally blown an embargo date on the info she shared - I doubt she made it up or meant to do harm - she seems like a sweet person in her videos.

Again - if I crossed the line here - I fully apologize.

Edited by PrincessBuffy
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, PrincessBuffy said:

Let me begin this post by saying - if I am doing/saying anything that is against the rules here - I apologize and would hope you would immediately remove this post and hopefully hold me harmless because I mean no harm - I mean only to share with others.

So if you are actually still reading this - the following are screenshots from that one blogger out there discussing the mythical "NEW" Princess Cruises APP that may be or may be not coming our way soon shared.  Her shared background info looks legit from other Princess presentations previously presented.

Screenshot2023-11-20at23-09-54LetsGo!TravelTips.png.45eae4c6b41a7dd889ff994ee5a9d6e0.pngScreenshot2023-11-20at23-10-24LetsGo!TravelTips.png.c3d1c400af067edab473c9169039c98e.png

My own commentary - I hope it is true.  I am glad to see Princess may have spent the time and money to simply "come back new" with a new app instead of more band-aids being applied to the broken one.  I think we hope it works - maybe enough to add to my "Dear Santa" list.

My thoughts on the blogger are that as she is a travel agent who recently returned from an agent cruise she may have accidentally blown an embargo date on the info she shared - I doubt she made it up or meant to do harm - she seems like a sweet person in her videos.

Again - if I crossed the line here - I fully apologize.

My statement would be a new “version” on the app is not a new app. Just another of tons of new versions of the original app 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

My statement would be a new “version” on the app is not a new app. Just another of tons of new versions of the original app 

I will give you that - this does appear (at least according to the blogger) to be a new app requiring a separate download not just another update - and since both the old and new apps will be functional for the first month - only time will tell. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PrincessBuffy said:

I am glad to see Princess may have spent the time and money to simply "come back new" with a new app instead of more band-aids being applied to the broken one. 

Based on what you have shared, it looks like they might be renaming some of the functions using simpler or more descriptive language so passengers aren't confused.  That seems like an improvement, probably based on customer feedback.

• Like 2

I’m pretty sure I taught high school kids who could teach Princess IT some tricks to get that app working!!😖 From the moment I purchased the Premiere package, it showed up on my app. Now it has disappeared so I couldn’t order our Medallions to be mailed to my home (so we could be Ocean Ready! WOOOOO!!) and it charged me to make specialty restaurant reservations. Called customer service…could barely understand a word she said and the connection was bad, but she eventually was able to get the Medallions sent to my home (I hope) and said that they would refund the restaurant charges once I was on ship. AND of course, she said they are having technical difficulties with the app.  (Ya think???) She assured me they would get it fixed soon…  We shall see!

1 hour ago, dixiejen said:

I’m pretty sure I taught high school kids who could teach Princess IT some tricks to get that app working!!😖 From the moment I purchased the Premiere package, it showed up on my app. Now it has disappeared so I couldn’t order our Medallions to be mailed to my home (so we could be Ocean Ready! WOOOOO!!) and it charged me to make specialty restaurant reservations. Called customer service…could barely understand a word she said and the connection was bad, but she eventually was able to get the Medallions sent to my home (I hope) and said that they would refund the restaurant charges once I was on ship. AND of course, she said they are having technical difficulties with the app.  (Ya think???) She assured me they would get it fixed soon…  We shall see!

We also booked the Premier package for our trip next month, and it has also disappeared from the app. But it DOES show that we purchased it when I log into the website and look at our booking. I already had everything booked (premium dining, excursions, etc.) which all shows on our travel summary, so I'll simply print it out and bring with me. 

As for the "new" app, if I can download and check it out without blowing away the current one I will do so, but I don't want to have to re-load everything again (passport, photos, payment info, etc.) so we'll see...

Related or not to ‘new Princess app’ ???   Just got off Coral Princess in Sydney (Nov 22). The screen outside our cabin door changed overnight to a new design. Didn’t pay too much attention since we were busy disembarking. Looked like same info, just different fonts & more asthetically  pleasing.

8 hours ago, c130 said:

Related or not to ‘new Princess app’ ???   Just got off Coral Princess in Sydney (Nov 22). The screen outside our cabin door changed overnight to a new design. Didn’t pay too much attention since we were busy disembarking. Looked like same info, just different fonts & more asthetically  pleasing.

Did it change to show only your first name and the initial of your last name?

On 11/21/2023 at 7:22 PM, IndyKid said:

As for the "new" app, if I can download and check it out without blowing away the current one I will do so, but I don't want to have to re-load everything again (passport, photos, payment info, etc.) so we'll see...

Software Engineer here. Most likely (like 99.99% chance), that stuff is stored in the cloud and should be available to any app or website that has the option to show it. If they aren't stored on a server somewhere, Princess couldn't access them and they need to access them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Software Engineer here. Most likely (like 99.99% chance), that stuff is stored in the cloud and should be available to any app or website that has the option to show it. If they aren't stored on a server somewhere, Princess couldn't access them and they need to access them.

If they make the transition from the current app to the new one fairly seamless then I'm OK with trying it. Although I've had a few glitches with it (right now it's not showing I have the  Premier package),  I'm in the Green Lane for embarkation and I may wait until I'm aboard ship before I try to switch.

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

The odds are there is no “new” app but maybe an update to the existing app. Was anyone seen anything from anyone but this questionable blogger pushing this ?

I guess we'll have to wait and see what shows up on the Google Play store on December 1st.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:22 PM, IndyKid said:

For spouses, nominate one phone to get the update and play with it.  At least the other phone will still have the old.  It could be that an update is automatic in order to continue using.  We don't really know if something is coming all-new or just another update of the month.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

For spouses, nominate one phone to get the update and play with it.  At least the other phone will still have the old.  It could be that an update is automatic in order to continue using.  We don't really know if something is coming all-new or just another update of the month.

I really believe if something dramatic was going to be launched that we would have heard this from some of the more reliable bloggers

• Like 1

On the current app, is anyone having difficulties completing their order for their actual medallion?  We just booked a cruise fairly last-minute (sails 1/4/24) and I get an error message saying there seems to be a problem with the service, try again later.  I'm trying to have them shipped to my home in the US.  I also tried the web version in the personalizer and had the same result.

Edited by pompeii

30 minutes ago, pompeii said:

On the current app, is anyone having difficulties completing their order for their actual medallion?  We just booked a cruise fairly last-minute (sails 1/4/24) and I get an error message saying there seems to be a problem with the service, try again later.  I'm trying to have them shipped to my home in the US.  I also tried the web version in the personalizer and had the same result.

Well, never mind, I guess.  We added our address again using the same address but with my husband's name and it took this time.  I guess it just didn't want to recognize our address that was already in there.  Such a fun app!

• Like 1