Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, Stosh68 said:

For those not aware, there are tablets at bars, dining rooms etc., that use the medallion to automatically put your picture and names on a screen after you've been in the area for a few seconds.  If the area is crowded, there might be several pages of names and photos, and that is why you will get asked for your cabin #, since it will be easier for them to just punch in your number, than scroll through several pages of people to find you.   If you have a low battery in your medallion, or the system is slow or whatever reason, they will also ask for room #s.  

The way my wife and I normally handle the "issue" of splitting drinks between accounts is that she orders all the drinks on her account at dinner, lunch or at trivia etc. when ordering via the app, and I order drinks in person at the bar on my account.   If the bars are not crowded and the bartender has time, asking them to split or swap back and forth between accounts usually works for me too.

We never order over the app just at the bars. Unless we are quarantined for Covid of course

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:36 PM, dixiejen said:

Amen to that!!😖

I have 3 cruises booked (1st  and 2nd are back to back) and they are on the medallion however I can not get the 34d cruise (14 days) to come on to the ap - it is on the web page. Phone help said download and start offer - really?  

Does anyone have anyone I can chat with that can fix this or in the alternative, where do I get a boarding pass?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bill11 said:

I have 3 cruises booked (1st  and 2nd are back to back) and they are on the medallion however I can not get the 34d cruise (14 days) to come on to the ap - it is on the web page. Phone help said download and start offer - really?  

Does anyone have anyone I can chat with that can fix this or in the alternative, where do I get a boarding pass?

That is strange we have 5 cruises booked and all show up on the app 

5 hours ago, bill11 said:

I have 3 cruises booked (1st  and 2nd are back to back) and they are on the medallion however I can not get the 34d cruise (14 days) to come on to the ap - it is on the web page...

Using my iPhone I found my second cruise by clicking profile at the bottom of the home page and then under my picture on the profile page there is squares with my cruise dates listed. 

Just learning Medallion for the first time myself. I can hardly wait to start all over again with the new version.

Edited by ShipWalker

On 12/4/2023 at 3:30 PM, memoak said:

They know that very few people are going to hit 15 drinks. Most of us do 8-10. If everyone did 15 then I would wager the price would go up. My biggest problem is putting my wife’s drinks on my account come 1am I am over the limit and have to convince a bartender to put drinks on my wife’s tab who may not be with me

On our recent cruise(s) they were happy to charge drinks to anybody who was good with the charge. If I had run out of drinks they would be happy to charge more drinks to my wife's account. They were fine with charging drinks for other random people to your (or your spouses) account as long as you were good with it. I was pretty much boggled by the way they said it was fine. Their view was that, anybody with a "package" was entitled to 15 drinks per day charged to their account and they didn't really care who drank the drinks.

Note: Like you, I frequently ended up finding my wife's drinks had been charged to my account. I didn't like it at all.

5 hours ago, bill11 said:

We just finished a 6 segment cruise that totaled 63 days. All 63 days showed up as one continuous cruise. We also had a cruise booked for next April. It never populated in the app until the 6 segment "cruise" was finished.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

In the medallion app, is it not possible to view dining reservations one has made in 'Journey View'? For me, Journey View only brings up activities around the ship on any given day (and I can filter to show only the ones that I have selected).

I think it would be helpful if any dining reservations could be integrated with one's chosen activities to get a better feel of timings (rather than having to switch between the different sections all the time).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, boeckli said:

In the medallion app, is it not possible to view dining reservations one has made in 'Journey View'? 

Nope. I simply made all ours at 6 PM each night, then looked to see which activities would not interfere...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, boeckli said:

In the medallion app, is it not possible to view dining reservations one has made in 'Journey View'? For me, Journey View only brings up activities around the ship on any given day (and I can filter to show only the ones that I have selected).

I think it would be helpful if any dining reservations could be integrated with one's chosen activities to get a better feel of timings (rather than having to switch between the different sections all the time).

Sorry, dining res only show in DMW section.

• Thanks 1

Has any one had difficulties with making Dine My Way reservations at the specialty restaurants? When I click on Dine My Way it says Sorry- DMW not available right now. It has been this way for the past few days. 

17 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Using my iPhone I found my second cruise by clicking profile at the bottom of the home page and then under my picture on the profile page there is squares with my cruise dates listed. 

Just learning Medallion for the first time myself. I can hardly wait to start all over again with the new version.

I see that, thanks.  Ishow 2 of mybooked cruises (they are B2B.  when I scroll down to add journed and input the booking # the answer is "not found"

1 hour ago, bill11 said:

I see that, thanks.  Ishow 2 of mybooked cruises (they are B2B.  when I scroll down to add journed and input the booking # the answer is "not found"

If you have b2b cruises same ship same cabin they will show as one cruise on the spp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bill11 said:

Do not use the "feature" to add a cruise.  Your booked voyages show up automatically after a day or so from booking (IDK - could be faster now).  If not there, likely some data corruption issue.  

2 hours ago, bill11 said:

1 hour ago, memoak said:

If you have b2b cruises same ship same cabin they will show as one cruise on the spp

I have found that if it's the same ship, both (or more) itineraries should show up on the app under the first cruise even if you're changing rooms.  You can verify this by opening the first cruise on the app and under JourneyView look at the JourneyView Activities Timeline.  Depending upon how far out your cruise is, that may not yet be populated with activities, but the dates across the top there should include the whole time you'll be on the ship.  That said, this is with the current Princess Medallion app - once the new one gets rolled out, this may or may not still be the case. 🥴

Edited to add:  Another check point in the current app would be under Choose your Medallion wearable.  If you have already ordered your Medallion for the cruise(s) you're looking for, under Order History there should be a box with all of the booking #'s the Medallion will be associated with.

HTH!

Edited by kamelia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I checked the App Store today to see if the new Princess app was available.  I got a chuckle at what popped up next to the medallion app. 

IMG_0182.png

Seems a wee bit out of place but, maybe, not entirely inappropriate.... especially if you spend too much time on the Princess app.

Edited by d9704011

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Seems a wee bit out of place but, maybe, not entirely inappropriate.... especially if you spend too much time on the Princess app.

It’s that 15 drink limit that has my phone worried. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, bill11 said:

Have you clicked on "Profile" - bottom right corner on the App opening page. When I do that then opens a page where all my cruises are listed. I never have to physically add them. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I checked the App Store today to see if the new Princess app was available.  I got a chuckle at what popped up next to the medallion app. 

IMG_0182.png

Is that the "new" app or the old one?

I looked the other day and that's the one I saw, too. I thought the new one is going to have a different name.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I looked the other day and that's the one I saw, too. I thought the new one is going to have a different name.

It’s the old app.  The one that drives people to drink.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There is no “new” app regardless of how many rumors you hear. I don’t expect any changes until sometime in 2024

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, memoak said:

There is no “new” app regardless of how many rumors you hear. I don’t expect any changes until sometime in 2024

It’s not a rumor when Princess issues a press release.  Was I dreaming?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

If it does drive me to drink, it'll be covered because the app shows that I have a plus package when all I booked is steerage.  😜

No doubt a gift from Princess IT for all your complimentary posts.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

It’s not a rumor when Princess issues a press release.  Was I dreaming?

Yes there will be one but no one knows when it will come out since Princess keeps moving the date. Remember when a blogger insisted it would come out December 1 ?  Even my CVP says now that there is no estimated time frame for any new app

• Haha 1