Star breeze

Lirio

We’ve sailed on these ships a number of times and the Star Breeze is a great size for sailing in Tahiti. The cabins are spacious (it’s an ex-Seabourn ship) but in my mind the balcony cabins are not worth the price differential as you can’t sit out on them. The cabins in the newly inserted midsection are more modern with USB ports and contemporary decor but are the same size as the older cabins.

Having sailed on both Paul Gauguin and Sea Breeze, Sea Breeze would certainly be my pick.

• Thanks 1

We prefer the older suites as we would rather have the beds close to the bathroom but some prefer the new layout which puts the beds by the window. If you like to sit and look out the window the balcony suites have limited window space as the dividers for the balcony break up the view. But if you like the fresh air and having the balcony open the balcony is nice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, r&rd said:

We prefer the older suites as we would rather have the beds close to the bathroom but some prefer the new layout which puts the beds by the window. If you like to sit and look out the window the balcony suites have limited window space as the dividers for the balcony break up the view. But if you like the fresh air and having the balcony open the balcony is nice. 

I think you are referring to the new balcony suites?  Where the bed is near the window and the divider would block the view from the couch?  We upgraded from an old Oceanview to an old Balcony to get the better view [larger glass area].

All the balcony doors are the same - whether newer suites or old. The pictures online of the “older” balcony suites are “old” pictures that do not show the newer doors, I don’t have a photo but if you look at pictures of the stretched yachts you can see that all balcony doors are the same style.

On 11/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, amandas friend said:

We just booked a newly refurbished porthole stateroom. We don’t spend much time in the room 

stay away from the amphora end of that deck, otherwise as you will be right beside the heavily used tender

Edited by Nearpost345