No more Prima class. New ships, including Aqua, are now Prima+ class

fstuff1

Just like Breakaway and Breakaway+ class.

Sidenote:

I  say Escape should be downgraded to Breakaway class because like Breakaway/Getaway, Escape is too wide to cross the Panama canal locks.  (even the new bigger locks)

Anyway, I'm on the Viva and it's the 1st time I've heard of Prima+ class, even though Aqua was announced weeks ago 

Edited by fstuff1

Prima and Viva are both Prima class.  Aqua and the following ship (unknown name, rumors of Bella or Diva) will be Prima+ class.

Encore (NCL's biggest ship) just went through the new locks of the Panama Canal.  I'm surprised to hear that Escape can't fit through the new locks.  Where did you hear that?

On 11/22/2023 at 9:14 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

The position of the lifeboats is the problem for Escape....

vs. the 3 other ships in the class...

Thanks for the explanation.  Wasn't aware Escape had a different configuration of lifeboats compared the the other Breakaway/Breakaway+ class ships.

Any particular reason they choose to do that for Escape?

10 minutes ago, yankprintster said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Wasn't aware Escape had a different configuration of lifeboats compared the the other Breakaway/Breakaway+ class ships.

Breakaway & Getaway also have lifeboats sticking out like the Escape. These 3 plus the Epic are the 4 NCL ships that cannot do the Panama transit. 

The Joy, Bliss and Encore were built after the Escape. 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:57 PM, ColdCruise said:

I was surprised to hear 2 of the senior officers on V!va refer to Aqua as a Prima+ class, both occurred yesterday. I wonder if this is new corporate nomenclature getting pushed out to the fleet?

The Aqua has always been consider a Prima Class+.  The first time I heard about it was about 18 months when they pushed the delivery date from 2024 to 2025.  Th Aqua will not be fueled by marine diesel fuel but by a form of natural gas. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yankprintster said:

Escape followed a similar design of breakaway/getaway.

The Panama canal announced the bigger locks but by that time it was too late to change the design of the Escape.

for bliss/joy/encore, they put the lifeboats on the inside but they sacrificed the MDR dance floor to make room. (Lifeboats are on the same floor as the mdr)

On breakaway/getaway/escape, there are at least 2 mini-shows per 7 day cruise by the ship dancers at 6pm in the mdr.

No mini-shows on the bliss/joy/encore because there is no dance floor.

That's why i say downgrade the escape to breakaway class. it's more similar to that class than the breakaway+ class with the most glaring of it the lifeboats are hanging overboard.

it's the red headed step child of the Breakaway+ class 😛 

Edited by fstuff1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, geneticfreak said:

Personally looking forward to Aqua, hopefully it fixes some of the things that just seemed off about Prima. 

For sure. I was very impressed with Prima, with some obvious issues. We will be sailing Aqua for certain.