Eurodam Jan 13 2024

Rinderoo

Was looking at this cruise the other day and there are no rooms available. I find that odd, considering the trips before and after still have space. January cruises usually aren't sold out two months ahead of time and often have deep resident discounts to get filled. 

A few years ago I was a TA, and this always made me question if there's something going on behind the scenes and it may not go as scheduled.

Anyone here have info about this cruise? 

2 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Check to see if it's a charter cruise. 

Interesting. We are booked and PIF. I just find it odd that there's not one double. 

I haven't found anything yet and the list kept here doesn't even show a group. 

Most of the Caribbean sailings are also part of larger, B2B or Collector's Cruises. When the inventory falls out of balance between the various legs of the cruise, you occasionally see entire segments become closed out even though there are rooms left. It could be that someone was working on the sailing but still has to finish up. If that's the case, you'll see rooms again Monday or Tuesday.

On the other hand, it could be sold out. We are on the Nieuw Statendam on Dec. 10 - 17 and that's usually a soft week. It's completely sold out though.

My cruise in April shows sold out on several sites.

I called Holland today because I was concerned because we still had a guarantee with no assignment..

She checked & said there was LOTS of availability for that cruise.

They just put that out there like that sometimes !

1 minute ago, Shippy said:

My cruise in April shows sold out on several sites.

I called Holland today because I was concerned because we still had a guarantee with no assignment..

She checked & said there was LOTS of availability for that cruise.

They just put that out there like that sometimes !

Your assignment on a GTY booking won't come until around 8 or 10 days out, regardless if the ship is sold out or not. Sold out status has little or nothing to do with when the GTY assignments are made.

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Your assignment on a GTY booking won't come until around 8 or 10 days out, regardless if the ship is sold out or not. Sold out status has little or nothing to do with when the GTY assignments are made.

Point made was about supposed sold out cruises that were not really sold out.....

On this cruise as well.  So,,,,I expect a full house.  Booked it a long time ago. 

Perhaps it is full because it is a bit longer (10 days) than the 7 day sailings, and is an Eastern Caribbean cruise.  Also, 13 Jan is far enough after the holidays for decent airfare/pre-cruise hotels.

Too many HAL cruises make the HMC, Jamaica, Caymans, Cozumel circuit.  Note:   I for one have been unimpressed by my visits to Mexico and Jamaica lately.  This cruise is different, as are the ABC island runs.

Just my thoughts.  

I booked this while on Rotterdam in April during the 150th Anniversary TA.

Looks like this itin is available in February, but January shows as sold out.  I love this itinerary although it's a bit too port-intensive for me.  I've been to them all multiple times.  But I'm delighted to return to Dominica.  It's my favorite island, mostly because it isn't over-developed with chain bars/restaurants.  Of course, there are people who think that means "there's nothing to do there."  Sigh.  Sadly, the tour operator I always used (Levi Baron of Bumpiing Tours) appears to have gone out of business.  He did great tours and is a wonderful person.  Booked a ship tour to use up the HIA credit.

Still, to me, a sold-out HAL ship (assuming it isn't actually at full capacity) is still better than non-sold-out ships on other lines I've sailed.  The space ratio is so much better that if you just avoid the buffet at peak hours, or try to be first off the ship in every port, they just don't feel that crowded.

At least, that's how I hope it feels on this sailing!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 6:28 AM, CNSJ said:

On this cruise as well.  So,,,,I expect a full house.  Booked it a long time ago. 

Perhaps it is full because it is a bit longer (10 days) than the 7 day sailings, and is an Eastern Caribbean cruise.  Also, 13 Jan is far enough after the holidays for decent airfare/pre-cruise hotels.

Too many HAL cruises make the HMC, Jamaica, Caymans, Cozumel circuit.  Note:   I for one have been unimpressed by my visits to Mexico and Jamaica lately.  This cruise is different, as are the ABC island runs.

Just my thoughts.  

Actually, this is one of three 10-11 day  cruises that the Eurodam is doing in the month of January.  One goes to the Eastern Caribbean, then the Western Caribbean and then the Southern Caribbean.  If you would do three consecutive cruises, you would probably hit most of the major ports that a ship that size could visit in the Caribbean.

We are on the January Western Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam.

2 hours ago, isosika said:

We are doing January 3 and 13 on the Eurodam.  We did B2B Southern Caribbean last year on Princess. Only about 10 days away now.  It's our first HAL cruise so looking forward to it.

See you there.  We will be there on January 3rd.  It is our 8th cruise.  Prior to this cruise, we have been on seven cruises on seven lines.  HAL is our first repeat.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:28 AM, CNSJ said:

Just my thoughts.  

Yes, we enjoy Eastern and Southern Caribbean sailings much more than Western. Although we would return to Key West anytime. 😀