Month-Long Cruise

Seafan22

2 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

No, absolutely correct! I just got off a 21 day sailing 2 weeks ago and this was my EXACT experience. We didn’t have a brand new theater show every day with no second shows. Theatre shows were absolutely performed more than once and thus were repeated. Sorry to disappoint, but correct. Your experience doesn’t mirror everyone’s. 

What was your itinerary?

The post is asking about a repositioning Transpacific cruise.

Edited by startedwithamouse

9 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

Yes the theatre shows are going to be repeated. There is no way for them to put on new productions even every month. Those often run for years due to production costs and logistics. There will be 2 or 3 shows in total that will run 2-3 nights a week each. Your MDR menu might be on a slightly longer rotation, but that would probably be the biggest change you will see.

Is that a thing for long cruise itineraries?  I've never seen the same 2 or 3 shows repeated 2-3 nights/week on any of the cruises we have been on.  Most of our cruise are two weeks.  I have seen encore performances by guest entertainers.  

Edited by ldubs

8 hours ago, Tedferg said:

ead of time.

We did Honolulu to Sydney in October and enjoyed it. The cruise started in Vancouver, but we preferred flying to Honolulu to shave 6 or mor sea days. We too were hesitant because of so many sea days and decided to simply take a new attitude and enjoy more 'down time'. Great cruise but disappointed there was only two Production shows.

We took Hobbiton excursion from Tauranga and loved it, we are fans of Lord of The Rings.

I also see Maui as a stop this will probably be changed.

Lastly, if you plan a tour of the Opera House in Sydney, be sure to book online ah

2023-Cruise-22.jpg

Edited by Melonn

I was on this cruise from HNL to SYD ...relaxing...calm seas...no shows repeated.  We enjoyed the farm-to-table excursion in Auckland.  We watched a lot of the lectures from our cabin and we enjoyed the movie selections.  Yes, I missed the production shows.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Is that a thing for long cruise itineraries?  I've never seen the same 2 or 3 shows repeated 2-3 nights/week on any of the cruises we have been on.  Most of our cruise are two weeks.  I have seen encore performances by guest entertainers.  

No, they are incorrect.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, partybarbie said:

One other thing, bring enough prescription meds to last for the entire cruise. I recently left my glaucoma drops behind and didn’t realize it until the ship was getting ready to sail. I went to five pharmacies in Cabo before I found what I needed.

Also, contact lens solution was impossible to find. 

I also bring a first aid kit, including antibiotics, masks, and a thermometer. Fill it up with cold medicines, Advil, Tylenol, etc. Believe me, I haven’t been on a cruise yet that I haven’t needed it.

I would recommend all your drugs and enough for another 10 days you never know what can happen. We were quarantined in Canada for 6 days

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

There will be a special ceremony when you cross the equator.

Most likely there will be a special interest lecturer as well as port lecturers. 

Our cruise had 3 lecture series...On my recent cruise I really enjoyed the lecturer who did a series on Matson Lines.   When I was a child, my mother used to sail on Matson and I remember the elaborate menus she brought home.  In those days, they published lists of the passengers and their home cities.  

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Nice!

Princess gave us certificates for crossing the international date line and crossing the equator. 

Yeah, that's what we did, crossing both international date line and the equator the same day of the Vernal Equinox.

It is important to bring an ample supply of your medications in addition to over the counter drugs like Pepto, Tylenol, aspirin, etc.  if your doctor will prescribe Paxlovid and prednisone that will be helpful.  

The best laundry detergent would be the ones that are in sheets…dry, flat, and easy to transport.

Bring various sizes of zip lock bags.

You will be lucky if you can find two outlets in your cabin.  An extension cord (not power strip) and/or adapters and/or multi-use travel units with outlets and USB ports.  

Don’t  forget to pack your scale (aka Sheldon Cooper)

21 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

For a month long trip, you will need to make plans for bills and expenses as you would incur if you were at home. Look back through your checkbook for the previous year and see if any expenses come up that month you'll be gone.

Perhaps you auto-pay or have someone to pay, for example, the gardener. It could be whatever unique to your situation, but enough said to say that someone needs to watch your place and things at home continue on as they would if you were there.

In the World Cruise section of CC there is a thread about this.

What's a checkbook?😃 Auto Bill pay is the way to go. I think my dusty checkbook register is at least 10yrs old. Extra supply of meds, start early to get approvals. A good selection of books on a kindle. The internet is good enough these days to stream and facetime loved ones. It's difficult to impossible to download on a kindle on the ship.

Edited by Yehootu

15 hours ago, Melonn said:

I was on this cruise from HNL to SYD ...relaxing...calm seas...no shows repeated.  We enjoyed the farm-to-table excursion in Auckland.  We watched a lot of the lectures from our cabin and we enjoyed the movie selections.  Yes, I missed the production shows.

I remember those calm mill ponds seas. I wondered if that was the Doldrums but it seemed further South.