Guarantee Cabins

artvlay

42 minutes ago, artvlay said:

We have sailed mostly on Royal and Celebrity. When I would select a guarantee cabin on these cruise lines you are allowed to switch the cabin to any available cabin within that category. Can you do that on Princess?

Yes, once your cabin is assigned, you can move to any available cabin within same category, assuming there are any available, etc. 

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

do guarantee cabins include the plus package and can it be added if not?

No cabins, whether guarantee or picking your own, include the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages.

These are add-ons for any cabin type or booking type 

You can add it to a guarantee, whether at time of booking, or later, or onboard. 

33 minutes ago, artvlay said:

I booked a cruise on Grand Princess two days ago and it included the entire package. He got a lower Oceanview cabin 

Princess booking options are ‘standard’, ‘plus’ or ‘premier’, so at the time of booking you can include either ‘plus’ or ‘premier’ packages and your cruise fare will reflect the ‘added’ expense for their inclusion. If you book a standard fare, you have the option of ‘upgrading’ to the plus or premier packages and pay the respective per day rate. You can also add the plus or premier packages on Day 1 or 2 of your sailing at the prevailing package rates. Plus fare currently will usually reflect an increase from standard fare of $60/day per person and Premier should reflect $80/day.

Not sure what you mean by ‘lower Oceanview cabin’ ? 

• 1 month later...

I got a fantastic price drop on my European cruise on the Island Princess for this August but the only way I could get the discount was to settle for a guarantee cabin. I decided to go for it and when I check the cruise personalizer on the Princess website, I see that I have a guarantee in the BB category. When when I looked at the Island Princess deck plans , I see that BB is on deck 11. My original cabin was on deck 12. So it may work out.

The PLUS package is $60.00 per da ppy.  So for a 7 day cruise, no matter what type of cabin, this package will be $420.00 per person.  The Premier package costs more.

I do not know if it is possible that any Travel Agencies might add a package, as a perk?

With any confusion, at all, I would pull up my booking ON PRINCESS WEBSITE,  and double check everything.

That total of $1400. less the Plus Package would mean the cabin rate was $980.

I see that some Alaska cruises for this year are deeply discounted right now.

so, yes, a cabin rate of $980.  or  $498 per person,  the math would come to that total.

Also, I just want to say that there have been some conflicting comments about moving to another cabin, once assigned.   Especially with the bidding for upgrade system.

Some are saying that hey have been able to make an equal move in the same category,  but some are now saying that Princess might be changing the way they do this.

If the ability to change cabins depends on whether one originally booked a GTY with a nonrefundable deposit or not, then this might affect how likely it is that you can move cabins IF THERE ARE ANY SHOWING AVAILABLE.

Edited by Wishing on a star