“LIVE” from Apex, December 2nd-First Celeb to the Carib Sailing!

niksmom630

8 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Thanks for the great review and wonderful photos.  I’m beyond excited to board tomorrow.  Safe travels back to HE!
Susan 😎

thanks, Susan! I’m certain you will enjoy your sailing! Not looking forward to returning to 30 degrees and grey skies, but looking forward to seeing my fur babes! 🐶🐶

• Like 2

One more day in sunny FLL, heading over to the Hilton Marina Hotel shortly…. Our cabin steward, who was somewhat MIA the last few days, was knocking and randomly entering the cabin starting at 7 am… I love that you can access your cabins upon boarding, but that comes at a price. Tip…. Suggest putting the magnet on your door on Debarkation morning 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Hit the gift shop for one last visit…,was thoroughly impressed that Celebrity hosts this in an interior venue, with no fear of riots. The frenzied scene that appears on Royal on the promenade is disturbing at best…

IMG_6488.thumb.jpeg.ffd5a4fe784106e15055ee941259fe2c.jpeg

IMG_6489.thumb.jpeg.a01165a22d6ba88e92c3d10b5a29e75b.jpeg

IMG_6490.thumb.jpeg.4f66cd3222e435271b15d79f16539e13.jpeg

IMG_6491.thumb.jpeg.b64ac02be80bce31513a69880768adbe.jpeg

looks like a nice selection..and items folks can afford and also things for kiddos.. E Class falls short in this area.. too expensive..nothing for kids!

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

looks like a nice selection..and items folks can afford and also things for kiddos.. E Class falls short in this area.. too expensive..nothing for kids!

at least on EDGE & BEYOND!

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@niksmom630  Thanks for taking us along on your journey.  Enjoyed your comments and pictures. 

Have a safe and uneventful trip home.   You are back just in time for wind and snow. 

thanks, @DaKahuna, just booked the renaissance for our 2024 sailing in November on ascent! 

• Like 1

Debarkation was easy until you got to the taxi line. Uber was no better, 15-20 minutes… think it was just a busy day in port. We walked off around 9, and were on our way to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. 

again, our “go to” usually , not no more. Lots of changes, and not in a positive way….its been under “construction” for a few years it seems. 

the first thing we noticed is the poolside bar/restaurant is gone 

IMG_6511.thumb.jpeg.015118929f18d9b1b1529061ed0d11fa.jpeg

this is where is used to be. 😟 

A positive is the location can’t be beat for for yacht shopping… 

IMG_6507.thumb.jpeg.cb040d9675283f5dff3d258325da0cac.jpeg

IMG_6508.thumb.jpeg.e25c3ba4517380696734c33a8f263cf3.jpeg

DH really outdid himself on my Xmas gift  this year 😔🥳

IMG_6509.thumb.jpeg.f18a8ffaeb58e8011df1b3bb1018abf9.jpeg

IMG_6510.thumb.jpeg.12945ba1d955b52436602dd4f5ae9921.jpeg

Edited by niksmom630
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

thanks, @DaKahuna, just booked the renaissance for our 2024 sailing in November on ascent! 

Let me know how you like it. 

As I said, the only issue we’ve had has been inability to get our rooms before 3:00 - 4:00 pm. 

I can also highly recommend the Boatyard restaurant for lunch / dinner.  If we get to the hotel early we leave our bags at the hotel and go for a long lunch there to kill time. 

• Like 1

The absolute best plus of this hotel are the port views… if you are a Hilton Honors member, choose a high floor in the tower (8 or above is best) even numbers face the port, odd face the intercostal

here’s the photo dump….awesome views 

IMG_6515.thumb.jpeg.39546d0d3e9f11869ace74de476c4af2.jpeg

IMG_6516.thumb.jpeg.f8cc32ffc1c5dd295ad277a82d73a2f4.jpeg

IMG_6518.thumb.jpeg.0b21699ffbfacf98038bde313ad87ee2.jpeg

IMG_6519.thumb.jpeg.20fd4d28c1438e2b188eb8072ecbba21.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Let me know how you like it. 

As I said, the only issue we’ve had has been inability to get our rooms before 3:00 - 4:00 pm. 

I can also highly recommend the Boatyard restaurant for lunch / dinner.  If we get to the hotel early we leave our bags at the hotel and go for a long lunch there to kill time. 

we got into our room here at 3:50…. Same issue here historically …. Early check in is never possible. And I absolutely love the Boatyard. Couldn’t talk DH into taking the walk. I’ll just be dreaming about the Biimini Bread 😩

The room is comfortable, and a great balcony view… but the pricing here (food, drinks, room cost etc) is crazy. $23 dollars for a rum punch with the primary liquor being Malibu?????

beers around 12 dollars. 🤑IMG_6512.thumb.jpeg.a32a2f298495ccf5610218221bcb29fb.jpeg

IMG_6513.thumb.jpeg.e8d123356f78dcd4eb350a415b3df914.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

we got into our room here at 3:50…. Same issue here historically …. Early check in is never possible. And I absolutely love the Boatyard. Couldn’t talk DH into taking the walk. I’ll just be dreaming about the Biimini Bread 😩

The Boatyard is very convenient to the Renaissance.  DH should have no issue with walking.

• Like 1

Straw just broke the camels back. 😡 

attempted to just order something via room service. 

the menu only shows “beverages”….An hour ago I was able to see food…

IMG_6522.thumb.png.d006a1e799d04c805685e1ceaa43ec7c.png

called the front desk and said you have an issue with the room service link…. She says she will send me a “ link” that works…. But it still doesn’t. 

Call again  and she says room service is closed for the night. Really???? At 7 pm on a Saturday?????

then says I need to come down to the first floor and order something from their lobby cafe…

so I stomp down to the lobby guns blazing because I am angry…. To put this is in persective, I paid close to $500 for this room, and got charged a $30 “resort” fee that is credit that must be used at the hotel. WTH!!!! And you have no food available to use it on?????

After speaking with the rep at the front desk, he apologizes profusely but says his manager is busy dealing with another issue…. But I can chat with him in the morning…. And please avail yourselves to the offerings in the lobby cafe…

only to see the lobby cafe shuttered as I walk in…. Even he is confused…. You’re closed? We didn’t get the memo….🤦🏼‍♀️

he offers me some Uber eats / door dash suggestions…. Heads are gonna roll in the morning 🤬

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Debarkation was easy until you got to the taxi line. Uber was no better, 15-20 minutes… think it was just a busy day in port. We walked off around 9, and were on our way to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. 

again, our “go to” usually , not no more. Lots of changes, and not in a positive way….its been under “construction” for a few years it seems. 

the first thing we noticed is the poolside bar/restaurant is gone 

IMG_6511.thumb.jpeg.015118929f18d9b1b1529061ed0d11fa.jpeg

this is where is used to be. 😟 

A positive is the location can’t be beat for for yacht shopping… 

IMG_6507.thumb.jpeg.cb040d9675283f5dff3d258325da0cac.jpeg

IMG_6508.thumb.jpeg.e25c3ba4517380696734c33a8f263cf3.jpeg

DH really outdid himself on my Xmas gift  this year 😔🥳

IMG_6509.thumb.jpeg.f18a8ffaeb58e8011df1b3bb1018abf9.jpeg

IMG_6510.thumb.jpeg.12945ba1d955b52436602dd4f5ae9921.jpeg

@niksmom630  thank you for sharing your cruise with us.   We stayed at the Hilton marina many moons ago. I continue to check the reviews and most are not good.  We go to the Renaissance up the street and while not luxury, it serves the purpose and we can walk to restaurants, etc.   do you have another cruise booked before November?  Are you moving more so to celebrity now than rccl?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maggieq said:

@niksmom630  thank you for sharing your cruise with us.   We stayed at the Hilton marina many moons ago. I continue to check the reviews and most are not good.  We go to the Renaissance up the street and while not luxury, it serves the purpose and we can walk to restaurants, etc.   do you have another cruise booked before November?  Are you moving more so to celebrity now than rccl?

hi @maggieq we are on Ovation to Alaska in June next year, and then Ascent next November. 

I’ve booked the Renaissance for next November

before our Ascent cruise. We are definately liking the Celeb experience. Crazy that we will be flipping to Celeb ((or even other lines) when literally just passed 350 points on Royal…

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

hi @maggieq we are on Ovation to Alaska in June next year, and then Ascent next November. 

before our Ascent cruise. We are definately liking the Celeb experience. Crazy that we will be flipping to Celeb ((or even other lines) when literally just passed 350 points on Royal…

Pretty much the same here.  We have been diamond plus for a while. Loved royal and especially oasis class ships and were loyal to royal  a very long time.  Now, we feel celebrity offers a great experience and we enjoy the all in package.  We cruised on the ncl encore when brand new and cruised to ny from Southampton in 2019. We loved it.  We are very open to itinerary and new experience.  Actually looking at a Princess ship next year for Alaska and then we have an 11 night on silhouette med cruise in September.  The edge was our first post Covid cruise sep 2021 (900 passengers 😊).  Had an amazing time.  Celebrity x 6 and loved every cruise.  

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Sounds like us.  We crossed 350 on the cruise prior to our last Royal cruise and have no plans to cruise on Royal anytime soon. 

• Like 1

I appreciate the comments about the Hilton as we are Diamond level with them and always choose Hilton where available. On a side note, I just paid $18.95 plus 18% gratuity and tax for a Rum Punch at Universal Thanksgiving weekend. The world has gone mad. Thanks for the review.

11 hours ago, maggieq said:

Pretty much the same here.  We have been diamond plus for a while. Loved royal and especially oasis class ships and were loyal to royal  a very long time.  Now, we feel celebrity offers a great experience and we enjoy the all in package.  We cruised on the ncl encore when brand new and cruised to ny from Southampton in 2019. We loved it.  We are very open to itinerary and new experience.  Actually looking at a Princess ship next year for Alaska and then we have an 11 night on silhouette med cruise in September.  The edge was our first post Covid cruise sep 2021 (900 passengers 😊).  Had an amazing time.  Celebrity x 6 and loved every cruise.  

We were quite pleased and surprised with NCL on our recent Encore sailing. Always loyal to Royal but now trying other experiences. Can't wait to experience Celebrity.

• Like 1