Pre-bought wine, do they deliver what you order or is it bait and switch?

LB_NJ

4 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

Why do you think they wouldn’t give you what you ordered ?

I have been onboard and wines listed on the menu have not always been available.  When you prebuy wine I am not sure what inventory they pull from.

For example, do they assume the wine is already onboard or do they specifically load it when the boat docks for the cruise I am on.

The cruise is about 2 months away, so I wonder what they do with the wine between now and then.

Nobody is sure what inventory they pull from.  It is most likely that the ones that you see listed available for pre-buying are those which are generally available from one cruise to the next.  But it would not surprise me to see some sort of language that they can substitute wine should your first choices not be available.

Edited by cruisestitch

The wine you can order ahead is widely available commercial wine. If they don't have what you ordered, I would just tell them that's not what I ordered and get a refund. Simple. Or just carry it on yourself and avoid spending $65 on the $17 bottle of Decoy you can get in any grocery store.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Or just carry it on yourself and avoid spending $65 on the $17 bottle of Decoy you can get in any grocery store.

In the last year they reduced how much wine you can bring aboard to 1 bottle per person.  For a longer cruise I would want a little more wine.  The Black Friday sale had a $20 bottle for $32 so not a complete ripoff if they deliver what was ordered.

There have been inventory supply issues.  We did get a more expensive wine that we had ordered.  However, we are not that picky and it was fine for us.  There was a difference but was a quality wine that we enjoyed.