Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

A couple of favorite art work prints I found around the ship.  I think the ghost couple really know how to enjoy the after life!  😉  The other one could be typical of the bar lizards around the ship.  😄 

20231215_101433.jpg

20231214_091944.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I feel like I need a step ladder to get out of the high based tub/shower in our bathroom.  Yikes, not for shorties like me!!  😮 

I know exactly how you feel.......I cannot reach the bottom of the tub to take the clothes out!🙃 I feel I am going to tumble in someday.

2 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Pat, the library looks great.  Is it located back by the pool tables?

Not this one.  Though indeed there are still books (looks like various old donated by pax books) right next to the pool tables.  

The ones in the picture are brand new on deck 12, where the LA used to be.  They put in new comfy chairs and stocked the new circle type library shelf with various novels, all titles with 5-6 duplicates.  Must have been quite the Amazon order.  😉 

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I know exactly how you feel.......I cannot reach the bottom of the tub to take the clothes out!🙃 I feel I am going to tumble in someday.

Quite the challenge stepping out with the ship rocking back and forth in these rough seas.  😮 

One thing I love about a GS cabin, I don't have to take my collapsible wash tub along with me.  With the 2 sinks, I use one side for wash, and the other for rinse.  Roll up in towels on the bed, then hang to dry on my hook magnets.  Method has worked great for me for years now on longer cruises.  🙂 

• Like 4

OK...everyone put their thinking caps on.  Little tour on deck 5 Promenade deck (life boat deck) outside.  Found these fully stocked crates all the way forward on port side deck.  Any guesses what they contain?  

Also, a picture of the "washy washy" going on just over the railing (same deck) in these high seas.  

20231215_101017.jpg

20231215_101230.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...everyone put their thinking caps on.  Little tour on deck 5 Promenade deck (life boat deck) outside.  Found these fully stocked crates all the way forward on port side deck.  Any guesses what they contain?  

Also, a picture of the "washy washy" going on just over the railing (same deck) in these high seas.  

20231215_101017.jpg

I will pass on this one since those were there on our Panama Canal B2B cruise😉

I am surprised that they haven't moved them yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

I will pass on this one since those were there on our Panama Canal B2B cruise😉

I am surprised that they haven't moved them yet.

Probably hoping to never use them...and send them back for return?  😮😉 

Hint to everyone else.  There is a reason they are on the life boat deck.  But I hope they stay where they are.  😱

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hint to everyone else.  There is a reason they are on the life boat deck.  But I hope they stay where they are.  😱

Unless it becomes a🐕🥶🐕🥶🐕🥶 night and you need them😇

Edited by orville99
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Life jackets?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not this one.  Though indeed there are still books (looks like various old donated by pax books) right next to the pool tables.  

The ones in the picture are brand new on deck 12, where the LA used to be.  They put in new comfy chairs and stocked the new circle type library shelf with various novels, all titles with 5-6 duplicates.  Must have been quite the Amazon order.  😉 

Thanks!  That's a great use for that space!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

Haha!!  Hey...Yeah, I want it all.  😄 😄   Actually Allure not staying long...sigh.  And I still need to cruise with that ship...would love to see Momma Mia.  My sister just returned from being on board, and loved the show.  🙂 

Your sister has good taste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Unless it becomes a🐕🥶🐕🥶🐕🥶 night and you need them😇

Hint: The acronym is a synonym for derriere.  😉 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

20231215_101017.jpg

20231215_101230.jpg

Survival suits for the cold weather/icy water. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Survival suits for the cold weather. 

Nope - those were already stowed inside the ship.

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Hint: The acronym is a synonym for derriere.  😉 

Actually a reference to both a 70’s rock band and an atmospheric condition in Aaska

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

You cheated!!!  😁

What do you mean, they had these around too for our Greenland Cruise this past September on Jewel.

Saw people actually using them on the RIB Boat tours, Not Royal's though, the excursion people had them for their customers.

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What do you mean, they had these around too for our Greenland Cruise this past September on Jewel.

They had those out on deck on Serenade as well (on the other side of deck 5), but they moved them all into interior storage two weeks ago.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

They had those out on Serenade as well, but they moved them all into interior storage.

Well that was my guess, guess I was wrong what they are on Serenade.

Next guess C- rations when the ship runs out of food?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Nope - those were already stowed inside the ship.

Actually a reference to both a 70’s rock band and an atmospheric condition in Aaska

Blankets. Three Dog Night is on Pats cruise. 😁

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1