Live from the ViVA

misguy

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from misguy! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

misguy was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I mislabeled the last topic.

We are getting ready to sail from Miami, and I bought the Premium internet package, so we will be able to post regularly, I hope.  We were able to get on very early to do videos about the accessible cabins.  We got to tour an accessible balcony cabin, accessible ocean view cabin, and an accessible inside cabin..  We will publish videos from those tours in the next few days.  We had lunch in Hudson's, which was basically empty, and I am sure the buffet was swamped.  I will never understand why everyone runs to the buffet.  Lunch was very good, and pictures coming.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, schmoopie17 said:

So do I. I love when more than one person does a "live" from the same cruise to get different perspectives,

Righto! 

We were just off the Viva TA on Monday. We rate the ship as not at the top of our fave NCL ships - in fact we will not go on any of the Prima class ships in the future if all those ships stay what they are. We’ll go back to older ships even the larger than Prima ships. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Righto! 

We were just off the Viva TA on Monday. We rate the ship as not at the top of our fave NCL ships - in fact we will not go on any of the Prima class ships in the future if all those ships stay what they are. We’ll go back to older ships even the larger than Prima ships. 

There are things about the Prima Class I like, but the ships I like best are the Breakaway and the Getaway.

I will work on scanning the dailies today and share them.  Last night the comedy show featured two comedians,  The first was a female from Canada, and she had some good bits, but the set wasn't that solid.  The second was a gentleman and he had the audience in stitches.

We ate at Cagney's and it was, as expected, a great meal.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, misguy said:

Here is a description of our lunch in Hudson's with pictures, and our cabin.  This is the first part of what will be a multiple post blog about our trip.

https://www.travelingwithachair.com/blog/Viva1

I got a not found 404 message when attempting to view on google chrome.  Maybe it is an issue with my laptop.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Righto! 

Agree and on this sailing as well.  Viva is beautiful and crew has been great but two negatives for me so far: solo studio cabin set up not a good as Epic, Breakaway and Breakaway + ships.  Combined bathroom and shower leave very little room to move around in bathroom without brushing against the toilet.  I don't watch TV in my cabin, but imagine it would be difficult with TV on same wall as bed.  Thermal spa VERY different.  No jacuzzis and no big water feature in the pool (the one that inundates you with water on your head, neck and shoulders).  I love that feature and have booked NCL ships for that reason. Super bummed they don't have one on Viva.  

On the plus side, Indulge Food Hall is a big win.  The food here is really great. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I will be following this report with interest. Mrs. Schmoopie broke her leg pretty severely a couple months ago and continues to have mobility issues. We may need to bring a wheelchair onboard, so will be particularly interested in your comments.

Accessibility has been excellent.  I would recommend renting a scooter from Scootaround, and the Whill Ci2 is what my wife uses and we love it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brianz09 said:

Agree and on this sailing as well.  Viva is beautiful and crew has been great but two negatives for me so far: solo studio cabin set up not a good as Epic, Breakaway and Breakaway + ships.  Combined bathroom and shower leave very little room to move around in bathroom without brushing against the toilet.  I don't watch TV in my cabin, but imagine it would be difficult with TV on same wall as bed.  Thermal spa VERY different.  No jacuzzis and no big water feature in the pool (the one that inundates you with water on your head, neck and shoulders).  I love that feature and have booked NCL ships for that reason. Super bummed they don't have one on Viva.  

On the plus side, Indulge Food Hall is a big win.  The food here is really great. 

The problem with the indulge food hall on this cruise is that if you don't camp on a spot at least 30 min prior to to opening you may not be able to get in.  We were there at 12:38 and the place was packed, the hostess told us to go eat somewhere else.

Laat night was dinner in the Commodore Room, and then rush to get into line for Syd Norman's.  We got in line about 30 minutes before the doors opened, and were probably about 80 people back.  The show last night was the full production of Rumors.  The show was amazing and worth the wait.

On 12/3/2023 at 2:04 PM, misguy said:

The problem with the indulge food hall on this cruise is that if you don't camp on a spot at least 30 min prior to to opening you may not be able to get in.  We were there at 12:38 and the place was packed, the hostess told us to go eat somewhere else.

Lunch time is more challenging, but my husband and I were able to find seats in the smaller Pr1ma Indulge last week for lunch on two occasions. Just had to wait a couple minutes cruising around looking for a seat. 

Dinner should be better (if crowds are similar to Pr1ma). Nowhere near the amount of people. We had tables and tables to choose from all three times we had dinner in Indulge. Plus, the menu is much better! 

Have an amazing cruise.

44 minutes ago, misguy said:

Laat night was dinner in the Commodore Room, and then rush to get into line for Syd Norman's.  We got in line about 30 minutes before the doors opened, and were probably about 80 people back.  The show last night was the full production of Rumors.  The show was amazing and worth the wait.

We had a difficult time deciding whether to go to Rumours or Beetlejuice. Ended up going to Beetlejuice and loved it. Great energy and hilarious. The GM told us that this sailing is the only one where reservations are not being taken for the main theater shows. No plans to do that permanently. Went to the 10pm showing and everyone got in. 

Two other changes from the Prima is no Starbucks or Cocos in Indulge so extra seating and the stateroom beds are a little higher, so luggage fits under easier. 

• Thanks 1

This was an amazing show, they performed the entire Rumors album, and told the back story about each song.  As always, it was SRO, and for those that need to sit, you want to plan on being very early.

image.thumb.jpeg.6d98555f41ce4445379a37539c3cf2a1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.145f244d03832a922fb99f4a0ae24b0d.jpeg