Is It Normal For Latitudes Number to Change Every Cruise?

Rick&Jeannie

We don't do NCL very often...we generally do Princess so not as familiar with NCL's procedures.  Have just booked our 3rd NCL sailing.  DW is listed as a "First Timer"...which she is not.  She's done the same 2 cruises that I did.  My account shows me as "Silver" and shows those 2 sailings in the history.  I have already requested that her tier level be adjusted.

In doing the research for my request my prior cruise confirmation emails have listed me with a different Latitudes number for all 3 cruises.  This just doesn't seem right.  How can they keep track if the number keeps changing?  Or...am I just missing something? (Very possible! 😄)

When we booked our most recent cruise a few weeks ago, it was discovered that Mrs. Schmoopie had three (or was it four?) different Latitudes numbers. The odd thing is that she had a couple of different ones a year ago that were subsequently "supposed" melded into one to fix the problem. 

Luckily, her Latitudes points somehow miraculously remained intact. I guess we'll see how many numbers she will have when we book our next cruise.

At NCL, you're not just a name...you're a number. In some cases, multiple numbers.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

You don't need to call.  All you need to do is log into the person's Latitudes account who was assigned a new number and search for the reservation.  It will then link the reservation to their proper Latitudes number.

You need to call and have all of the accounts merged. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zqvol said:

You need to call and have all of the accounts merged. 

You shouldn't need to merge the accounts if no points were ever credited to it.  Once you switch to the proper number, the new number just gets abandoned.

2 hours ago, timf2001 said:

You shouldn't need to merge the accounts if no points were ever credited to it.  Once you switch to the proper number, the new number just gets abandoned.

If numbers get abandoned, you wouldn't have posts on these boards from people have 3 or more accounts. Maybe if this "new" one is brand new and you get your new booking switched (however that happens) it would be fine.

Best, easiest and complete thing to do is call NCL and get them merged purged, whatever - 100% clean that way, whatever your circumstances.