Cigar Lounge on Vista?

kkjbb1

12 minutes ago, kkjbb1 said:

Is there a cigar lounge on the Vista?  If so, where is it located?

I do not believe  so

There is  a smoking lounge  near Horizons  but not sure about cigars 

Also enclosed area on pool deck

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, kkjbb1 said:

There is a cigar lounge right outside of Horizons.  There were many people coming in and out smoking cigarettes and cigars.

Yuckers 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kkjbb1 said:

There is a cigar lounge right outside of Horizons.  There were many people coming in and out smoking cigarettes and cigars.

Yeah, you might be smoking them there but it is clearly mentioned in various places that the only place to smoke cigars and pipes is the smoking area on the pool deck, don't know about Vista but the other ships it's starboard corner. I miss them. 

• Like 2

Cigar smoking is allowed in the smoking room on Vista.   I had this confirmed by a trusted onboard source.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, JoePDX said:

Cigar smoking is allowed in the smoking room on Vista.   I had this confirmed by a trusted onboard source.

Joe

Did not know that, that's a change. 

• Like 1

I am sailing the Vista for my next trip.  I was recently on the Riviera.  I do very much enjoy having a cigar and as a matter of fact, just had one on my deck at home at 29 degrees outside. That was very unusual for me.  I usually like a really nice cigar lounge or my roof in the summer time. 

I never had a cigar on the Riviera.  As mentioned, the smoking room by the Horizons said not pipe or cigar smoking.  Also, and this will sound strange, the smoke in the room was a little overpowering.  That from a cigar smoker. I did not smoke outside because even though I knew it was ok in a specific area, I did not want to effect anyone else's trip that hated the smell. I hade the right, and choose not to. My call 100% and no issue if anyone else wanted to smoke out there. 

I will try the Vista Smoking lounge but have a feeling, it will just be a place to smoke and not a traditional Cigar Lounge.  For me, that is half the enjoyment.  Leather Chairs, dark would, humidor, drink service.  For me, cigars are like a really nice drink.  Where you have it, the glass you use, the music or lack there of, the experience is as important as the item. Just my two cents and we will see.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

Gary, 

You may be disappointed then, I think it is more of a nicely appointed area for smokers to go but I do not recall it being the Cigar Lounge as you described. It is a nice room and for the non smokers and those really effected by the walk past the normal smoking areas on the other ships in Horizons and starboard forward of the pool deck, the double glass doors helps a lot. DW has major issues with smoke and since there is only one way into Horizons on Vista and possibly on Allura, those doors are a GOD SEND.  
Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On both Riviera (12/2021 & 10-11/2023) and Sirena (11/2022), my wife, who is a smoker, smoked both in the lounge by Horizons and on the pool deck. The signage was clear for both of these ships: NO cigar or pipe smoking in the lounge; only allowed in the pool deck outside area. I never saw anyone try to smoke a cigar in the lounge area.

• Like 1

Yes, the Humidor lounge on the Silversea ship we went on 20 years ago was a great cigar smoking area. Exactly like Gary described, with a dedicated waiter and a nice selection of single malts and a well stocked humidor to buy cigars from.

I've quit, but I do miss them. I know a lot of people hate them and the smell of cigar smoke, but I got a great deal of pleasure and relaxation from them. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I will try the Vista Smoking lounge but have a feeling, it will just be a place to smoke and not a traditional Cigar Lounge.  For me, that is half the enjoyment.  Leather Chairs, dark would, humidor, drink service.  For me, cigars are like a really nice drink.  Where you have it, the glass you use, the music or lack there of, the experience is as important as the item. Just my two cents and we will see.

Just came off the Silversea Dawn and was pleasantly surprised at their facilities.  Conveniently located mid-ship.  Combination of indoor, partially enclosed outdoor, and outdoor, all nicely appointed, with someone coming through frequently for bar service.  Decent cigars and higher end drinks displayed in the indoor area.

20231205_130212.thumb.jpg.8385df0fd344e0b4984a3634ed383a03.jpg

20231205_105331.thumb.jpg.7c720092efc4fcf3bc5fe9fbcde5fa8a.jpg

20231205_105316.thumb.jpg.4cc57b3e6adb7f557501b1e35df840fc.jpg

20231205_105306.thumb.jpg.1b916e1ffa562bc9327b6eb7ece770ba.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mauibabes said:

You may be disappointed then, I think it is more of a nicely appointed area for smokers to go but I do not recall it being the Cigar Lounge as you described.

@mauibabes I am sorry, I did not do a good job in my post.  I know it is nothing like a Cigar Bar that I did enjoy on the NCL Joy and a Crystal Cruise.  I wish they existed on Oceania but the don't.  Sorry for not being clear.  As much as I like to smoke my cigars, I refuse to do so even on a beach outside because I don't want to make anyone that can smell it feel uncomfortable.  Also, smoking a cigar for me is an event which includes never lighting from a match, only a wood strip.  Always have a nice cocktail with it. A nice leather chair and other smoking cigars.  If that experience is not available on Oceania it is just fine.

I personally enjoyed my cruise on Oceania so much, not an issue.  Pros/cons is everywhere in life.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vallesan said:

If it’s leather chairs you’d like then it will have to be Regent or Silversea I’m afraid!

@Vallesan Yep, I know.  Also Crystal and many NCL ships.  As important it is to me, not worth the premium.  No issue.  

@Sthrngary -

Based on the pictures I have seen, I think you will be happy with the smoking lounge on Vista.   Leather chesterfield sofas, cane and leather chairs and striking green walls.  It also appears to be a very large room as compared to the lounges on the R and O class ships.   Mike Preisman, in his detailed review, describes it as one of the most attractive rooms on Vista.   My husband, a native of Birmingham, and an avid cigar smoker is very happy with what he has seen in the photos.

Scroll nearly to the bottom of Mike Preisman’s review (page 2) to see several pictures.

https://www.thepreismans.com/vista23_2.htm

His reviews are amazingly detailed, so be sure and check out the other pages.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

@Sthrngary -

Based on the pictures I have seen, I think you will be happy with the smoking lounge on Vista.   Leather chesterfield sofas, cane and leather chairs and striking green walls.  It also appears to be a very large room as compared to the lounges on the R and O class ships.   Mike Preisman, in his detailed review, describes it as one of the most attractive rooms on Vista.   My husband, a native of Birmingham, and an avid cigar smoker is very happy with what he has seen in the photos.

Scroll nearly to the bottom of Mike Preisman’s review (page 2) to see several pictures.

https://www.thepreismans.com/vista23_2.htm

His reviews are amazingly detailed, so be sure and check out the other pages.

Joe

@JoePDX That review was a new level of GREAT.  Wow, and I learned a lot from it.  I want to thank you so much for sending the link.  I will share the link with my wife and guest joining us on the Vista.  Can't thank you enough.

• Thanks 1

@Sthrngary There appear to be the standard Bar Menus on at least two of the tables. You may need to stop by the Horizons bar to let them know you want to order something, or maybe they have some sort of alert-system in place (e.g., camera, "door bell").

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@JoePDX That review was a new level of GREAT.  Wow, and I learned a lot from it.  I want to thank you so much for sending the link.  I will share the link with my wife and guest joining us on the Vista.  Can't thank you enough.

Yeah, Mike is the go to guy for reviews. Anytime I'm going to an area I haven't been to before I always check to see if he has a review of that itinerary or one similar. Always great recommendations for guides and things to do. And he's a pretty fun guy to hang around with. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I am sailing the Vista for my next trip.  I was recently on the Riviera.  I do very much enjoy having a cigar and as a matter of fact, just had one on my deck at home at 29 degrees outside. That was very unusual for me.  I usually like a really nice cigar lounge or my roof in the summer time. 

I never had a cigar on the Riviera.  As mentioned, the smoking room by the Horizons said not pipe or cigar smoking.  Also, and this will sound strange, the smoke in the room was a little overpowering.  That from a cigar smoker. I did not smoke outside because even though I knew it was ok in a specific area, I did not want to effect anyone else's trip that hated the smell. I hade the right, and choose not to. My call 100% and no issue if anyone else wanted to smoke out there. 

Thank you so much for your consideration of others.  It is pervasive, and even on a corner of the deck, is really horrible to walk past.  I can say this  because like many of my generation, I used to smoke, even though it was many years ago.  It is rare to see anyone smoking in Australia these days, and absolutely forbidden (for many years now) to smoke indoors in public places, which includes private clubs, etc.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Thank you so much for your consideration of others.  It is pervasive, and even on a corner of the deck, is really horrible to walk past.  I can say this  because like many of my generation, I used to smoke, even though it was many years ago.  It is rare to see anyone smoking in Australia these days, and absolutely forbidden (for many years now) to smoke indoors in public places, which includes private clubs, etc.

@Mareblu Like many, most things that I do in life now is about the experience.  A nice drink, in a lovely crystal glass, with some nice jazz music and friends.  Take away the glass, music or friends I don't want to have the drink.  I learned to smoke cigars in Europe in my late 20's when I was invited to train sales people, managers and executives.  That experience changed my approach on many things from the event to an experience.  My mentor taught me how to eat properly, respect others culture, and enjoy the experience. It changed my life at an early stage.

If I were to do something like smoke a cigar, in an area that could negatively effect another guest enjoyment, it takes the pleasure away for me.  Yet these area's are designed for smoking with the approval of the cruise brand.  I also do not expect anyone at any time to have to have the same rules I put on myself.  If the area allows smoking, feel free to smoke.  If other don't like it, they can take actions to avoid it.  If they have to go through the area, it is not the smokers issue, it is a design issue on the ship.  The Vista when designed created this area to be better for all passengers smokers or not.  Obviously it was an issue on other ships.

That is a lot of words simply to say, experiences need those that are joining you not to be uncomfortable or unset with the actions taken.  Thank you for your kind words.  We all have a different approach in life and each approach should be respected.

• Like 4