Live from the 12/9 Sky Princess.

Host CJSKIDS

36 minutes ago, xamsx said:

Hubby and I are Celebrity refugees.  This is the first cruise of many we have scheduled (11) to find a new cruising 'home' and so we are comparing this Princess cruise to Celebrity to see the value differences.

So far, we have enjoyed the cruise and found a few things better on Princess than Celebrity: the buffet choices being the most immediate to mind.

The desserts are edible on Princess where they are not on Celebrity.  That is both a good, and bad, thing. 🙂

The big negative difference for Princess is also in the buffet area: dirty tables. We have walked in a number of times when I swear the dirty tables have outnumbered the occupied tables, and passengers are wandering around with plates in hand looking for a space to sit down and eat.

Is Princess that understaffed? Poorly trained? It is a customer service fail whatever the reason. 

Welcome! 
We have not experienced that on other ships, as usually they clean up pretty quickly in the buffet.  

I would tell the Buffet manager, who you will see 1 or 2 walking around, about this issue.  He should get more employees to help, if an ongoing issue.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tere247 said:

It’s not looking too good for your return home either. 

IMG_4293.jpeg

IMG_4288.jpeg

IMG_4286.jpeg

Anyone flying in or home should keep up with the weather. A low pressure system s developing which could cause high winds.l and storms for Florida.

I’m here for another week 

51 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Welcome! 
We have not experienced that on other ships, as usually they clean up pretty quickly in the buffet.  

I would tell the Buffet manager, who you will see 1 or 2 walking around, about this issue.  He should get more employees to help, if an ongoing issue.

I'm in the buffet now and they are ready to grab the dirty dishes almost  before you are done. Tons of staff walking around and the tables are all clean. There are 8 crew members in the area that I'm sitting. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I'm sure they do. I just know he is there now.  I'll have to ask. 

If you could ask if he is going to at the same restaurant next week that would be great. I have all my dining planned in that restaurant. I will ask for him by name if he his there. 

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Grab a cab to West End. Much better beach than the one at MB.  And some local restaurants around, a bit of snorkeling if you want, etc.   

We usually end up walking down to Look Out Bar and restaurant from the port (we don't generally do beaches on our port visits, we have spectacular ones at home, lol).

Look Out has absolutely delicious food, super local vibe, beautiful water views, it's delicious!! Maybe 10/15 minutes walk.  

https://maps.app.goo.gl/MBFcsLXSQTa5RXKGA

Thanks for the recommendations!

1 minute ago, strobellayjam said:

Please disregard.  My JourneyView was just updated and I see it will be Rock Opera and Spotlight Bar again.  Yay!  Was looking forward to seeing 5 Skies again though.

They may be still loading into your app.  Stuff kept loading onto mine.  5 Skies is on this sailing.  

Showtime with FLY Dance company was on our first night and that unfortunately was not very well received.  First time on a ship for the people that were in the show.  

13 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

They may be still loading into your app.  Stuff kept loading onto mine.  5 Skies is on this sailing.  

Showtime with FLY Dance company was on our first night and that unfortunately was not very well received.  First time on a ship for the people that were in the show.  

That's too bad it wasn't well received.  We'd certainly be open to it - I love new shows!

4 minutes ago, strobellayjam said:

That's too bad it wasn't well received.  We'd certainly be open to it - I love new shows!

4 minutes ago, strobellayjam said:

it evidently were some young guys that came on board Saturday with us. Guess not a production show but a show. 

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I'm in the buffet now and they are ready to grab the dirty dishes almost  before you are done. Tons of staff walking around and the tables are all clean. There are 8 crew members in the area that I'm sitting. 

I need to sit by you! Once again at lunch today, plates everywhere, no staff clearing the tables, and as a bonus, no staff walking around asking if we wanted something to drink. 

5 minutes ago, xamsx said:

I need to sit by you! Once again at lunch today, plates everywhere, no staff clearing the tables, and as a bonus, no staff walking around asking if we wanted something to drink. 

5 minutes ago, xamsx said:

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience in there. I must have had to tell about 5-6 people that I was okay and didn't need a drink because my order had already been taken. 
maybe it was the timing of when we were in there as it was a later lunch. 

hope you are enjoying the rest of your sailing. If you haven't gone to Catch by Rudi, make sure you do. It was an exceptional meal. 

22 minutes ago, xamsx said:

It happens, but rarely.  All depends on what time you sat down.

Beware of the Vegan/Vegetarian on Sky!

Last night I ordered off the Vegan menu, a Buddha bowl. It seems they weren’t prepared for anyone to order it so I waited extra long and received some make shift plated concoction that wasn’t in a bowl or looking much like the description. 

The sweet potato tacos at The Salty Dog on other ships are actual sweet potatoes but on Sky it’s a puree. Not worth eating baby food in a tortilla. 

Maybe just ask prior to ordering so you can temper your expectations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As I know this is a discussion on board and  as I have said, people push their plates to other doors. 

well I guess this person decided that the perfect spot was in front of an emergency exit! 

IMG_2212.jpeg

My wife has been known to push those plates up against the cabin door 🙂

56 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As I know this is a discussion on board and  as I have said, people push their plates to other doors. 

well I guess this person decided that the perfect spot was in front of an emergency exit! 

IMG_2212.jpeg

Was On the Grand Princess with turn around days in Melbourne, AU and ship started having Covid increases on board.  DH and I were unlucky enough to both get Covid so I wasn't a happy camper.  We had the infamous balcony table at our cabin door for "our" dishes.  After the 2nd time to have some lazy person drop their dishes on our table, I made a sign saying,-- If you don't live in this cabin, please keep your dishes in front of your cabin door and taped it above the table.  It was bad enough to be in quarantine but to have others dirty dishes dropped at you door was too much for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Beware of the Vegan/Vegetarian on Sky!

Last night I ordered off the Vegan menu, a Buddha bowl. It seems they weren’t prepared for anyone to order it so I waited extra long and received some make shift plated concoction that wasn’t in a bowl or looking much like the description. 

The sweet potato tacos at The Salty Dog on other ships are actual sweet potatoes but on Sky it’s a puree. Not worth eating baby food in a tortilla. 

Maybe just ask prior to ordering so you can temper your expectations.

This was the Buddha Bowl on the Ruby last month…it was quite tasty, despite its appearance. Did yours look much different? 

B154AD89-4CB4-4376-88FB-02F73D2FD3D8.thumb.jpeg.2ef2c0243c85f83c4ca8c3be41433f0b.jpeg

51 minutes ago, firefightermediclasvegas said:

Does anyone know the current shows in the main showroom for the Sky Princess?  We are sailing on her for New Year’s.

thank you

We are on the NYE sailing on the Sky as well (actually doing the B2B for Christmas as well).  My app JourneyView is showing Rock Opera on Dec 31, 5 Skies on Jan 2, and Spotlight Bar on Jan 4.  All great shows!

• Like 1