'Twas Two Weeks Before Christmas - Live from the Nieuw Statendam, Dec. 10 - 17, 2023

POA1

11 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We do not overpack. This is mostly laboratory equipment.

17022262329940.jpg

@POA1... holy smokes!  Now I understand the UberXL.  Of course, I expect my MIL alone will be bringing this same amount of luggage for our 7 day Rotterdam cruise on the 15th...  I have to cram us, them and all the luggage into a Honda CR-V.  But I have learned how to avoid 4 hours of non-stop chatter from her by placing my suitcase in a plastic bag (think garbage bag) and bungie cording it to the roof of the Honda.... much less grating on the nerves...😏

Both of you: have a great cruise!  We were last on NS back in 2017 but she was a beautiful ship then and I expect is still.  Thanks for all your research and measurements!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We have our room, our Pinnacle lunch reservation for tomorrow, and most importantly, the sweet, sweet Club Orange tote bag. (Pictured here with Poohby Joe in his Holland America throwback t-shirt.

PXL_20231210_175953949.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We have our room, our Pinnacle lunch reservation for tomorrow, and most importantly, the sweet, sweet Club Orange tote bag. (Pictured here with Poohby Joe in his Holland America throwback t-shirt.

PXL_20231210_175953949.jpg

That bag!!! Haha, enjoy!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

🎉🎉Poohby Joe looks so happy to be back on a BHB. Any wang wangs yet?

Not yet. It's Maker's Mark on the rocks for me and Ketel One & Soda with a lime for DW. Those are our "establishing drinks."

• Like 6

Oh my gosh, I'd forgotten (please forgive me!) about Poohby Joe!!!  I'm sure he's going to have a wonderful time.  BTW, how on earth did you bring all of those bags down from your condo?  Do you have a luggage cart or did it take a couple of trips?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Oh my gosh, I'd forgotten (please forgive me!) about Poohby Joe!!!  I'm sure he's going to have a wonderful time.  BTW, how on earth did you bring all of those bags down from your condo?  Do you have a luggage cart or did it take a couple of trips?

Our building has hotel luggage carts. Don't worry about offending Poohby Joe. He's just happy to be out traveling again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Not yet. It's Maker's Mark on the rocks for me and Ketel One & Soda with a lime for DW. Those are our "establishing drinks."

And of course trying a Minty Elf Martini and other festive holiday drinks!

20231206_194756.thumb.jpg.9ec9bf2828ec71204361839394640c08.jpg

Please have something for me, one day - anything but coconut. 

Rumor has it that there is now also a festive coffee menu. Cabinmate saw it a Grand Dutch Cafe this morning, but did not get a picture. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

And of course trying a Minty Elf Martini and other festive holiday drinks!

20231206_194756.thumb.jpg.9ec9bf2828ec71204361839394640c08.jpg

Please have something for me, one day - anything but coconut. 

Rumor has it that there is now also a festive coffee menu. Cabinmate saw it a Grand Dutch Cafe this morning, but did not get a picture. 

We will start on the holiday cocktail list, but we usually drink our regular drinks at first. That's how we screen our bartenders. (This is the scientific method for determining who has a good pour.)

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We will start on the holiday cocktail list, but we usually drink our regular drinks at first. That's how we screen our bartenders. (This is the scientific method for determining who has a good pour.)

Oh yes - establishing the bar for quality control before expanding to other options is definitely a solid plan I can support 😊

• Like 5

Ze plan is to go to the Tamarind bar around 5 PM for drinks and scooby snacks. We'll head to CO after 8 PM so as to avoid the first day rush.

I'm hoping we get on the move before the rain comes The Retreat Area is pretty empty right now, but I heard it was sold out this week.

• Like 7

Ever wonder what happens when you give the National Institute of Cheer five years to plan a cruise?

Light up door decorations. That's what happens. We're in sort of an alcove, so the sparkly gift isn't really obvious unless you know where to look.

17022442202271.jpg

Edited by POA1
  • Like 16
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Tonight's Club Orange dining room menu. Michelle's excited for the Peruvian Chicken.

The Peruvian chicken was a delightful surprise on the Koningsdam and even better on the Rotterdam.  I hope she enjoys it.  A lot of the CO specials are really good and prepared in CO.  Enjoy 🙂 

• Like 6