Is there an easy way to see how many specialty dining credits I have

Eno

There are three of us, all adults, booked in a mini suite.  I picked the Premier package when booking.  I can see that this is for the first two guests and I will need to purchase a beverage package for my daughter.  As she doesn't drink will be booking a zero alcohol package for her.  Based on this I assume that I would have 4 specialty dining credits.  I printed my travel summary and it shows 2 Specialty dining nights for me and 2 for my husband. We are on Sky princess I used the app and booked The Catch one night for all three of us, it asked me to enter my credit card info but it showed no charges.  I booked the Crown Grill again for all three of us and again no charges.  I assumed that I would be charged when on the ship. I changed my mind and changed the date on the Catch, this time it asked for payment for two of the dinners and it charged my credit card as soon as I confirmed.  Strange but seemed like this is how it should have been.  Now today when I go back in it shows that I have a Dining Credit, went to do a pretend booking and would only be a charge for 1 dinner.  I didn't confirm so no charges.  Did I have 6 credits and didn't know it?  How do I know?  I don't want to loose them, would have preferred to use all 6 then on two nights.  If I do will they refund what I paid for two dinners.... I am confused.  Not just in the app, via the web it shows the same.

Many people have posted that the "charging" vs "non-charging" for SD has been very inconsistent. From what you have posted, you should have 4 dining credits and then charged for 2 more (daughter). I personally have experienced this inconsistency myself. I've never seen where you could get a reservation for someone who did not have a package without paying up front, though. 

• Like 1

Well, looks like the app and the web site is acting up.  Now on the web site would charge me for three, app still showing I have dining credits but now would charge me for three.  Guess I have what I expected to have - a total of 4 credits.  

5 minutes ago, Eno said:

Well, looks like the app and the web site is acting up.  Now on the web site would charge me for three, app still showing I have dining credits but now would charge me for three.  Guess I have what I expected to have - a total of 4 credits.  

Also look at what is posted to your credit card now.

Yesterday when I booked, two nights for three of us, nothing posted.  Wasn't till later when I changed the date that I came up that I would be charged for two, showed the amount and did post to credit card.  Early today when it said I had credits, showed I would be charged for 1 dinner, didn't take it all the way through to confirm. Just now when I tried, it would charge me for 3, again didn't take it all the way to confirm.  Wonky sites I guess.  I probably will book another night anyway.

4 minutes ago, Eno said:

Yesterday when I booked, two nights for three of us, nothing posted.  Wasn't till later when I changed the date that I came up that I would be charged for two, showed the amount and did post to credit card.  Early today when it said I had credits, showed I would be charged for 1 dinner, didn't take it all the way through to confirm. Just now when I tried, it would charge me for 3, again didn't take it all the way to confirm.  Wonky sites I guess.  I probably will book another night anyway.

I have canceled in the app but, caution- must watch that they refund correct amount.

you can go to Guest Services on board and sort it out.

I never try to use the app to make *any* kind of dining reservations.  I always use the "web version" within the cruise personalizer.  Also, I always do so on my desktop PC (Chrome) with a large monitor.  Doing it this way just makes it so much easier to see many days of your schedule and you can very quickly switch over to a different day to see what has (possibly) already been booked.  Plus, you have so much more "real estate" to deal with.

web version.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eno said:

I just shared my experience in a different thread.  The same thing almost happened to me.  (Not using my dining credit after I cancelled and tried to  rebook a different date.)  I found that when you cancel a reservation that includes a dining credit, you have wait a while below you to rebook using the dining credit.  It seems to take a while for the credit to reappear.
 Given what you want to do, I suggest you cancel the reservations and then wait 10 minutes or so to rebook.  Right before the reservation is confirm (you have to put in your CC number even if you are only using dining credits), you will be able to see if your credits are being applied and if any amount is being charged to your CC.

Make sense?

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I never try to use the app to make *any* kind of dining reservations.  I always use the "web version" within the cruise personalizer.  Also, I always do so on my desktop PC (Chrome) with a large monitor.  Doing it this way just makes it so much easier to see many days of your schedule and you can very quickly switch over to a different day to see what has (possibly) already been booked.  Plus, you have so much more "real estate" to deal with.

Just to confirm.  You have the Premier packing with two SD credits.  You make a SD reservations and applied the dining credits without using the App?  I could not find how make the reservation outside of the App.

Thanks.

web version.jpg

@jagoffee

Go to Princess.com, log in

Select your cruise, open Cruise Personalizer.

Scroll down until you see the image posted above. Click on "Try our web version".

You will be taken to what *looks* like the app even though you are viewing on a desktop.  (I don't have a cruise booked right now so I'm relying on memory from this point.)

Scroll down to the "Dine My Way" section.

From that point you should have a choice as to what type of reservation you want to make (MDR vs SD)

You can then choose your restaurant, time, type of table (private vs shared) etc.

Now, let me just reiterate that some people *still* have issues in regards to dining credits even using this method...but my point in recommending this method is that it is easier (in my opinion) to "see" your entire cruise and your individual reservations by just clicking on the day in question.

I hope this helps...

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

But to answer your title question, the app should tell you when you look at your package level.

Once on board it will show how many credits have been used just like the casual dining for plus package. I have a cruise in 43 days the app says I have no package and connects me to the personalizer which show I have the plus package 

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@jagoffee

Go to Princess.com, log in

Select your cruise, open Cruise Personalizer.

Scroll down until you see the image posted above. Click on "Try our web version".

You will be taken to what *looks* like the app even though you are viewing on a desktop.  (I don't have a cruise booked right now so I'm relying on memory from this point.)

Scroll down to the "Dine My Way" section.

From that point you should have a choice as to what type of reservation you want to make (MDR vs SD)

You can then choose your restaurant, time, type of table (private vs shared) etc.

Now, let me just reiterate that some people *still* have issues in regards to dining credits even using this method...but my point in recommending this method is that it is easier (in my opinion) to "see" your entire cruise and your individual reservations by just clicking on the day in question.

I hope this helps...

Got it.  Thanks

4 hours ago, Labanos said:

I might be mistalken but isn't it that you have 2 casual dining meals per guest with the Plus package. Not 2 speciality restaurants like Sabatini's and Crown Grill?

Correct specialty restaurants are 2 per cruise on Premier not Plus. Plus gets 2 casual dinings

On 12/10/2023 at 10:48 AM, memoak said:

Once on board it will show how many credits have been used just like the casual dining for plus package. I have a cruise in 43 days the app says I have no package and connects me to the personalizer which show I have the plus package 

We have the same issue - the app says no packages but our summary online correctly shows the Premium pkg.  it’s odd as the app used to show our pkg and then suddenly stopped.  I wish they would release the new app as I am hoping it will be better (probably dreaming here but I like to hope…).

9 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

We have the same issue - the app says no packages but our summary online correctly shows the Premium pkg.  it’s odd as the app used to show our pkg and then suddenly stopped.  I wish they would release the new app as I am hoping it will be better (probably dreaming here but I like to hope…).

If you click on packages on the app it will direct you the personalizer and show what you have. It is actually a clumsy way to try and upsell you

On 12/11/2023 at 4:48 AM, memoak said:

I have found the same issue with the App and gone to the Personaliser as you have said. That said, I'm not convinced that what the Personalizer displays is correct as in my case it shows I have the Casual Dining and those other couple of things that were added later. I'm almost certain I booked Plus before that latest changes. My Travel Summary shows that I just have the wi-fi, juice bar, exercise classes (yeah as if) and the booze and not the later add ons. I'm not really fussed as all I really want is the wi-fi and booze, so the other stuff is meh.

I have taken a screenshot of what the Personalizer shows in case I want to challenge it on board but I don't think the later add ons warrant standing in a queue at the Customer Desk. 

App says no packages, going to Personaliser is wrong for me.  Shows I purchased Plus but booked as Premier.  My printed travel summary shows Premier.  Tried to book an excursion on the website and wouldn't let me checkout and pay, kept saying it timed out.  Logged out logged back in same thing.  Tried the app and was able to pay.  Wow, who tests this stuff before pushing it out to production ( I'm a recently retired IT Testing Manager). 

Since the app says no pkg I went to the personalizer as was suggested here and it said I had purchased Plus and can upgrade to Premier however, I already have Premier.  But the app does show four devices when I click on MedallionNet which is consistent with the Premier pkg. What a mess.