Riveria Mini Frig in Penthouse suite???

MSEm

We are booked in a Penthouse suite on Riveria for March 2024.

What items are stocked in the mini-frig?  How often is it replenished?

Any other things to know about the Riveria Penthouse Suites?

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, MSEm said:

Any other things to know about the Riveria Penthouse Suites?

Thank you.

@MSEm  I am going to do my best to help you.  The below information is from an OP-ED I recently did.  I am cutting and pasting so the format will be off a bit.  Also, it was based on the Riviera which was the ship I cruised Last Month.  I did this work for the guest that was joining my wife and I.  We were in a Vista Suite.  You can find what a stateroom has on the Oceania Website.  So that is always a source of excellent information.  I hope the below efforts help you.

To Penthouse or Not to Penthouse, that is the Eternal Question”:

This is a tough topic.  Significant cost increase from a Balcony or Concierge to a Penthouse.  Even more significant for above a Penthouse in an Oceania, Vista, or Owners Suites.  Besides the size of the stateroom, the real difference for Penthouse or above is the 24/7 butler.  Until you have had a well-trained butler, you simply don’t understand the value of this important crew member.  It does confuse me when someone comments online that they have no need for a butler.  To each his own, I like it! Now, in the NCL Haven™, the butlers were average at best.  This observation was based on having a truly professional butler on Crystal Cruises, which has NO comparison until this Oceania voyage. The NCL Butler dressed the part but were over worked having way too many suites to take care of. On the NCL embarkment day, these butlers were hard to find because they were doing non-butler type duties for the brand. On Oceania Cruises, the butler service is much more luxurious and personalized.  The butlers have less suites to allow for better service.  The butlers are also part of the pre-cruise gratuity program which most likely gained a better trained and quality crew member. I still provide an additional gratuity which is my choice.

Penthouse (PH) categories: (In addition to all stateroom amenities.)

Accommodations:

Last time renovated was during drydock at the end of 2022, except for a few (PH3) Penthouses that did not eliminate the tub.

1.      440 SF including Balcony. Larger than a Concierge Stateroom.

2.      Desk, chair with large mirror and standalone lighted makeup mirror. Outlets are right by makeup mirror.

3.      Complimentary still & sparkling “Vero™” Water with two (2) stainless steel Vero™ refillable bottles that can be taken off ship for excursions and as a gift.

4.      Walk-In Master Bedroom Closet. This is always appreciated.  This will be all the storage any two (2) people will need.

NOTE: The safe is NOT large enough for a laptop.

5.      Love seat, table, and round storage ottoman/seat.

6.      Dining room table and seating for two (2) for in-suite dining.  

7.      Recently redesigned master bathroom with single vanity sink, rain fall shower head and lots of extra storage.

NOTE: I found it odd that a Penthouse Suite had only one (1) sink.  Usually they have two (2) on other brands.

8.      The veranda has two adjustable back cushioned chairs and a side table.

NOTE: Perfect for drinks yet NOT large enough for a full meal on your balcony. Some Penthouse suites on the back of the ship have extended and much larger balconies that wrap around the ship.

Amenities and Privileges:

·        12:00 PM Early Embarkment, priority luggage delivery:

NOTE: Unlike other cruise brands, this early embarkment means in most cases, your suite will be ready when you come on board. No waiting unless an unusual situation happens.

·        Butler: 24/7 personal butler service with a suite wireless phone to take with you onboard to contact you’re the butler.

NOTE: If you are of the opinion, butlers do nothing for you, save your money and do not consider a Penthouse Suite or above.

·        Refurbished Suite: The newly refurbished suites on the Riviera were done late 2022 have been rewired to accommodate more U.S. outlets and USB outlets. 

NOTE: Not so on Oceania, Vista, and Owners Suite which lack this wiring upgrade.

·        Pillow Menu: “Sweet Dreams™” Pillow Menu is located on the bed as you view your master bedroom. Choose your selection on day one and share your decision with your Butler.

·        Welcome Champagne: Complimentary welcome bottle of Heidsieck & Co Monopole™ Blue Label French Champagne. Not sparkling wine, REAL French Champagne.  Nice touch!

·        Welcome Petit Fours and bowl of Werther's Original Candy:  Other brands have some items when you first get in your stateroom as well.  These Petit Fours are a small plate but of high-quality items.  “Less is more in this situation.”

·        Priority Pre-Cruise Early Online Specialty Restaurant Reservations: Earlier than other staterooms below Penthouse. When everyone on the ship gets one (1) guaranteed reservation per specialty restaurant, when you can book them early is a valuable amenity.  Many new guests don’t understand the value of early pre-booking for Specialty Restaurants. This can be a cause of disappointment when desired days and times are completely booked.

·        24-Hour Room Service: Suite expanded Rooms Service Menu. I am rarely a Room Service Person.  In the past, on other brands I found the food not very good, average to below average quality and a limited menu.  This expanded menu is an enhancement to the experiences I have had prior. I also noticed no add-on charges for things like Steak and Eggs which was a pleasant surprise from mainstream options. Still, even in Oceania, the room service other than butlers delivering specialty restaurants meals is average to below average.  Looks and tastes better in the Movies.

·        In-Suite Dining: In-Suite white tablecloth dining from ANY restaurant including ALL specialty restaurants. The Penthouse Suite Table is a bit small but will work nicely for two (2) people.  If you can’t make a reservation at Polo Grille that night, have it served in your suite.  Nice touch especially if you can eat comfortably.

·        Afternoon Tea: In-Suite Afternoon Tea Service is available. This is also a nice luxury touch.  I would rather go to the Horizons Observation Lounge for the ship afternoon tea.  I do like having the choice. “Choices make a more luxurious experience for me.”

·        Afternoon Hors d’oeuvres/Canape’:  Usually served between 4:00 to 5:00 PM, This amenity can be chosen from a special in-suites Hors d’oeuvres/Canape’ menu. The ability to make a choice is lovely, the quantity is small which does not affect your enjoyment of your dinner. Personalized service is all about providing a personalized choice. On other lines these afternoon Hors d’oeuvres are standardized for all and not always as flexible as a guest might like. We only made a request for this once.  The dinner meal was so good we did not want to be less hungry.

·        Vero™ Water System: Oceania (as well as NCL/RSSC) no longer uses plastic bottled water.  You are provided aluminum containers for the Vero™ Water System to be refilled throughout the ship. This is a focus on environmental landfill reductions. I REALLY liked this system over all. 

·        Thick Terrycloth Bathrobes: You also receive two (2) pairs of bathing slippers. Just a little bit of class to establish a sense of sending a message.  When in your suite, we want you to relax and be comfortable.”

·        Executive Lounge: Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees, and snacks throughout the day. Many cruisers use this lounge for a light continental breakfast. The first time I had this kind of environment was on the Celebrity Equinox (Michael’s Lounge).  It was small and cozy.  I loved it then and even more in Oceania.  Not everyone feels the same way, so it is empty most of the time.  For me that is a value.

·        Complimentary Laundry Service: Up to 3 bags per stateroom (20) items per bag with a three-day turn-around time. Ask your Butler and know the rules and deadlines for providing your laundry service.

·        Pressing: Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation (certain limitations apply). Concierge and higher get four (4) items provided within the first three (3) days of sailing.

·        Shoeshine: Complimentary shoeshine service by your Butler.

·        Aquamar™ Spa Terrace: Unlimited access to “Aquamar™ Spa Terrace”. This lovely outdoor place is underutilized by most guests, especially when in a colder climate.  For me, this area is very important.  I used it often.

NOTE: It reminds me of the Haven Sundeck, Vibe Beach Club and Thermal Spa combined, yet complementary.  This was a big benefit to my enjoyment.

·        Apple iPad® (upon request): for your enjoyment on board. A nice to have but not a have-to-have amenity.

NOTE: This is based on limited availability.

·        Cashmere Lap Blankets:  Needed at night in colder climates for the veranda. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I have  looked on Oceania website.  I cannot find any information on what is stocked in the mini-frig. Is it stocked with soft drinks,  mini-bottles for gin, rum, beer or wine etc?

4 minutes ago, MSEm said:

Thank you. I have  looked on Oceania website.  I cannot find any information on what is stocked in the mini-frig. Is it stocked with soft drinks,  mini-bottles for gin, rum, beer or wine etc?

Sodas  only

1 hour ago, MSEm said:

The frig is replenished daily (or more often if needed).

The default sodas are usually something like Coke, tonic water, ginger ales, Sprite or similar, and I think a diet Coke. You can ask your butler to stock more of one item than the other (e.g., if you prefer ginger ale to Coke, the Coke can be replaced).

Well before sailing (at least 6 weeks?), your TA can request something different. It will be provided if O can source it (say, LaCroix or similar).

Thank you.  Our last Oceania cruise was 2010.  We have been sailing Viking.  In our cabin on Viking the mini-refrig is stocked with sodas and 6 mini-bottles of "booze".  These are restocked daily. 

Just now, MSEm said:

Thank you.  Our last Oceania cruise was 2010.  We have been sailing Viking.  In our cabin on Viking the mini-refrig is stocked with sodas and 6 mini-bottles of "booze".  These are restocked daily. 

No booze  in fridge on O  except maybe top suites

You could bring a bottle of your favourite spirits  to drink in your cabin  if you want

6 minutes ago, Condocat said:

This past year we asked our butler for non-alcoholic beer and he was happy to place it in the refrigerator for us.

Interesting 

there  is usually a fee for  non alcoholic beer

Did you have the Prestige beverage package?

In the top 3 level suites, the fridge can also be stocked with regular beer or non-alcoholic beer, at no charge.  Your butler will ask you what kind of beer and/or soda you would like it stocked with on the first day of the cruise.

I am a cruise guest transfer from NCL, Celebrity, MSC, HAL and Royal.  I LOVE the fact that something as simple as Soda, Juices and waters are in your stateroom on Oceania.  I don't know why I like this tiny little thing so much but I really do.  I also really enjoy the Barista and the fact it was for everyone on the ship.  Yet I NEVER waited for a coffee.  Little things made the difference.

Cruise Well and Enjoy every Soda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Sodas  only

We've had some beer in the mini fridge in the past (we haven't sailed for the past few years which may affect my answer) but most likely we were in an OS or VS. Probably not a PH. No hard liquor bottles that I recall.

2 hours ago, Mura said:

We've had some beer in the mini fridge in the past (we haven't sailed for the past few years which may affect my answer) but most likely we were in an OS or VS. Probably not a PH. No hard liquor bottles that I recall.

Perhaps the Oceania Suite was the 3rd suite type referred to by Torquer?

GC

13 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Perhaps the Oceania Suite was the 3rd suite type referred to by Torquer?

Correct.  Owners, Vista, and Oceania suites get free beer in the fridge.  And of course these also get 6 free bottles of liquor and/or wine in their suite.