Food changes on the Carnival Sunshine

NSnJW

I just returned from my most recent cruise on the Sunshine

I want to air a few gripes and one attaboy.

Small gripe, they quit supplying Bee Sting Honey Habanero sauce at the sauce table for the Blue Iguana. Now that I know, I'll bring my own.

Sometimes they bake the Carnival Melting Chocolate Cake in a shallow bowl which makes it solid all the way through. This made me leary of ordering what was one of my favorite Carnival desserts.

Now my biggest gripe, no mushrooms at the Omelette Stations. Previously my breakfasts were split between burritos and omelettes but that is ruined for me now.

My attaboy is for the Emeril additions to the MDR menu. Some of them are very good and at least they are different. I really liked the catfish. I also had an Oriental salad that was great.

Not world shaking gripes but Carnival's food choices are a big part of why I cruise on Carnival.

Your mileage may vary.

• Thanks 1

I did find more things I liked in the MDR since the menu change.  There was only one night that we didn't see enough that we like in the MDR and went to the Deli and buffet instead.  Not bad out of 10 nights.  For myself, between the chicken that is always on the menu and banana split for dessert, I can always eat in the MDR if I really want to,  But my cruise buddy didn't find any inspiration that night either. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jiggs said:

I"m sure this is covered somewhere 'round here but is the new menu fleet wide now, and if not is there a list of ships that have transitioned? 

Here is what I found when I googled.  Google is your friend.  Appears to be fleet wide by now.

https://profcruise.com/carnival-menu-rollout/

32 minutes ago, jiggs said:

Thanks!  I just Asked Jeeves about this new 'Google' you mentioned.  Seems like there is potential there, I bet they'll be successful.

YW, as I previously mentioned, on our last cruise on the Horizon, I tried to sample all the Emeril selections.  They far exceeded my expectations.  Highly recommend them.

• Thanks 1