New Princess App available

iamaqt2

3 hours ago, memoak said:

It doesn’t recognize my booking numbers and now my personalizer  is DOA

The site is down so probably something on the backend is down which would impact the apps too.

29 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

The point I was making was that BOTH apps continue to work with all the mainframe data. Previous posters have reported that when they transitioned to the new app, that certain data points were erased, such as dining times. 

They are stored on the backend so it's doubtful they were erased. Most likely the new app isn't fetching them properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacMadame said:

The site is down so probably something on the backend is down which would impact the apps too.

They are stored on the backend so it's doubtful they were erased. Most likely the new app isn't fetching them properly.

It’s just that their systems suck

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 1:14 AM, IndyKid said:

So I've found at least one bug with the app, it doesn't recognize that we have the Premier package for our next sailing, and it's wanting to charge me when I try to reserve our 2 included specialty dining meals at Sabatini's & Crown Grill, I didn't have this issue with the old app. When I called Princess they even admitted it was a problem on their end, suggested I pay now and then hit them up aboard ship for a refund. Not thrilled about that...

Not sure when you're travelling but we also had this. The issue for us was that for speciality dining, we had to wait until 30 days before embarkation. It then recognised the Premier package.

• Like 1

On the old app, my March 2025, showed 3 persons.  Installed the new app.  Now both old and new apps show for March 2025 only 2 person.  Last Monday, called Medallion and was told would be corrected in 5-7 days to add the 3rd person.  Still waiting.

41 minutes ago, phabric said:

On the old app, my March 2025, showed 3 persons.  Installed the new app.  Now both old and new apps show for March 2025 only 2 person.  Last Monday, called Medallion and was told would be corrected in 5-7 days to add the 3rd person.  Still waiting.

Did you install the new app,

by clicking the link to do, from the old app?  Or, did you download the new app from the app store?

Just trying to see if any correlation  by those with problems using the new app.  

21 hours ago, FlightCrew777 said:

I know there are many who have had problems or dislike the latest Princess app but I’m here to report it’s been flawless for me! Even the folio has been updated as soon as I made a purchase and even correct! So there is hope! 

One problem I see with the new app is with the credit card process.  I've authorized a credit card for shipboard charges on Princess.  That's ok. But it wants a credit card for shoreside charges and wants me to authorize something named Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my payment method.  Who are these people?  We never use a charge card on shoreside, only cash.  Not authorizing it so my Payment Methods are incomplete. 

9 minutes ago, Pickels said:

One problem I see with the new app is with the credit card process.  I've authorized a credit card for shipboard charges on Princess.  That's ok. But it wants a credit card for shoreside charges and wants me to authorize something named Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my payment method.  Who are these people?  We never use a charge card on shoreside, only cash.  Not authorizing it so my Payment Methods are incomplete. 

Yes, I had the same problem. I was told (?) it wouldn’t  change my boarding status (green/blue) if I did not enter my cc# in shoreside. A word to the wise once you enter payment choice you can’t delete or change on the app. You would have to go to passenger services. 

Edited by FlightCrew777

50 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

by clicking the link to do, from the old app?  Or, did you download the new app from the app store?

Just trying to see if any correlation  by those with problems using the new app.  

Today, I have uninstalled both old and new apps and reinstalled both by Apple Store.

After reinstalling, opened new app with booking number - only shows 2 persons.

After reinstalling, opened new app through old app - only shows 2 persons.

After reinstalling, opened old app with Log In - only shows 2 persons.

On my Personalizer - under Try Our Website Version- it shows 2 persons plus Order Medallions and dining reservations are for one of my other of my cruises.

When I called Medallion, they could see my March 2025 booking was for 3 persons.  I asked if there were going to be any updates for the new app soon, “ not right now”.

13 minutes ago, phabric said:

Today, I have uninstalled both old and new apps and reinstalled both by Apple Store.

After reinstalling, opened new app with booking number - only shows 2 persons.

After reinstalling, opened new app through old app - only shows 2 persons.

After reinstalling, opened old app with Log In - only shows 2 persons.

On my Personalizer - under Try Our Website Version- it shows 2 persons plus Order Medallions and dining reservations are for one of my other of my cruises.

When I called Medallion, they could see my March 2025 booking was for 3 persons.  I asked if there were going to be any updates for the new app soon, “ not right now”.

Never heard of the App losing a person.  You are unique.  Just kidding.  It is so frustrating.

I assume your cruise personalizer, just looking at your bookings shows all 3 of you?  Did you book the reservation as 3 in the beginning? 

Forget about the website version of the App, as we know that is wrong.

I would also send a message to the IT department and ask them to fix your booking, as you’d like to work on it, in the App.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Never heard of the App losing a person.  You are unique.  Just kidding.  It is so frustrating.

I assume your cruise personalizer, just looking at your bookings shows all 3 of you?  Did you book the reservation as 3 in the beginning? 

Forget about the website version of the App, as we know that is wrong.

I would also send a message to the IT department and ask them to fix your booking, as you’d like to work on it, in the App.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

I booked through an agent for 3.  I have agent’s invoice and Princess booking confirmation that show 3 persons.

I will send off email.

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

I booked through an agent for 3.  I have agent’s invoice and Princess booking confirmation that show 3 persons.

I will send off email.

Under your account, booked guests, does the booking number show 3?

(not the App)

You might also reach out to your TA for help.

Good luck. 

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Under your account, booked guests, does the booking number show 3?

(not the App)

You might also reach out to your TA for help.

Good luck. 

Princess website, for my March 2025, Check In -

Guest Check-In Status,

all 3 persons are named.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, happy to open a new thread if necessary, but thought this was app-adjacent.

We are about 100 days out from our sailing, so lots of time still. However, when I look on the website, for both my wife and I, it says "Arrival Status: Incomplete" and to "Use the Princess Cruises® App to Check-in." Of course, when I go into the new Princess app, it says that we're "All Set" and "Ready to Sail." Everything on the Travel Checklist has a green checkmark. I even loaded the old app and it shows that we're ready to sail. What's up with the website?

Is this type of disconnect normal? Am I missing something? 

This is our first time on Princess as a couple, I sailed on the Pacific Princess back in The Love Boat days.

This is my first cruise on Princess after taking numerous cruises all around the world. I have never  been so frustrated trying to use an app that is constantly  out of service. Speaking with reps at Princess who say they have solved my booking problem  didn't help. After speaking with 4 reps on  4 different days my paid in full cruise finally showed up on their app!!! Not a good way to start off a cruise with a new customer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

These two methods are the same method. I have written mobile apps and I assure you that no app knows how you downloaded it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Princess website, for my March 2025, Check In -

Guest Check-In Status,

all 3 persons are named.

At least this one shows 3. Sure hope they will correct your data on the other records. 
Keep us posted.

1 hour ago, MacMadame said:

These two methods are the same method. I have written mobile apps and I assure you that no app knows how you downloaded it.

Yes, they should be the same. Just trying to see if there is any reason these bookings are only showing 2.  Data is so screwed up. 
Why do you think the App would only show 2, when the website booking shows 3?

On 2/6/2024 at 7:39 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Good to hear!  We still have not downloaded the new app.  Since our next cruise is not until April, we are going to wait until the old app is taken off-line.   🙂

There's no reason to not download the new app, because it doesnt' replace the old one. You can still use the old app if the new is installed.

For me, the new app is just a design makeover of the old app. Same makers, definitely. And it's even less functional.

Much more loading time - just like at the beginning of the old app. lol. Back to the roots?

I still can't chose a future cruise like in the old app. It only shows me the next one. Well done, folks. Not. 😞

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 5:30 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I, again, was suckered into watching the blonde female youtuber. Title caught my attention.  I know better....so am coming here for verification.

She announced that as of February 1 (now past due), the OLD Medallion Class App would not be functional.  I did try to get in to app.  App opens, but spins and spins.  Not sure if that is my provider (documented elsewhere) or that Princess has truly discontinued OLD app.  

I do have the new app on one of my devices.  It seems to work most of the time.  I was finally liking the old app.  Why does Princess IT feel that newer is better?  rhetorical question.  No answer needed.

Screenshot straight from the Princess website - no blonde female youtuber involved.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 19-31-55 Get Ready for Your Princess® Cruise.png

10 minutes ago, PrincessBuffy said:

Screenshot straight from the Princess website - no blonde female youtuber involved.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 19-31-55 Get Ready for Your Princess® Cruise.png

It’s February 7 and I’m still using the old app. Best intentions, no doubt, but said Blonde could have tried using the app herself. Instead of passing on bad information, she could have corrected Princess. But that would make her useful and break tradition. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

There's no reason to not download the new app, because it doesnt' replace the old one. You can still use the old app if the new is installed.

For me, the new app is just a design makeover of the old app. Same makers, definitely. And it's even less functional.

Much more loading time - just like at the beginning of the old app. lol. Back to the roots?

I still can't chose a future cruise like in the old app. It only shows me the next one. Well done, folks. Not. 😞

Sounds like they aren’t going to update that either, seeing all our cruises, by toggling between them.  At least, not for a while.

Too bad.  I use the old App to work on my other cruises as ling as it’s still available.

Once they remove the old app, I’ll have to…

25 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

It’s February 7 and I’m still using the old app. Best intentions, no doubt, but said Blonde could have tried using the app herself. Instead of passing on bad information, she could have corrected Princess. But that would make her useful and break tradition. 

and that screenshot was just taken tonight - so maybe Princess could get it right too.  Wishful thinking there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Feb 1st was the original date. Princess has postponed shutting down the old app. I'm pretty sure that YouTuber reported Feb 1 when that was the date and then reported it had changed when it changed. I know she isn't always accurate but in this case, she was reporting what Princess said. So I'll give her a break. 😄 This time. 🤣

Anyway, this stuff with the app drives me crazy as a Software Engineer. The way these things should work is that there is a database on the backend and then the frontend -- both the web and the app -- calls an API to retrieve that data. If it's set up like that, every client on the front end -- web, new app, old app -- would always show the same thing because it's the same data from the same source.

However, Princess' system does have to interact with POLAR the booking system that TAs use. That complicates things a bit, especially if they aren't kept in sync simultaneously. I know people have reported that sometimes if you wait a few hours, the right data appears so maybe they only sync the two systems periodically instead of at the time data changes.

That said, it seems to me that they do a particularly bad job. It makes me wonder what is going on back there where the bits & bytes are stored. I bet it isn't pretty. 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1