Any smooth flight experiences during July-December, 2023?

Z'Loth

Most have been OK. Last trip YYZ-CDG, one hour delay, and I know some people (transit to ZAG) were on tight connections. Passport Control looked to be at least a one-hour line for all passports.  US/Can are now being sent to automated gates. Except only one gate was working, and it was so finicky that an airport employee was posted there to actually handle the passports. Only about 40 people, and it still took over 1/2 hour. If this is how ETIAS/EES is going to work, it's going to be a shambles.

Edited by Dancer Bob

We flew to Florida earlier this December.

It wasn't for a cruise, but if it had been, we'd have taken the same airline/flights.

The trip each direction was absolutely "normal" (as in "similar to pre-Covid"), including everything being pretty much on time.

GC

On 12/27/2023 at 10:37 AM, Z'Loth said:

Just for fun... since I haven't flown since last May... anyone have any smooth flight experiences in the past six months with little-to-no issues? 

I've flown something like 55-65ish segments in the second half of 2023, some as short as 30 minutes and some as long as 17 hours, and everything in between. The vast majority have been just fine, most recently MNL-HKG-ORD on 12/23, and ORD-MCI on 12/26. I'm done for the year, though, unless someone pays me a TON of money to be somewhere tomorrow 🙂

Edited by Zach1213