Still no medallions

hop2it

Posted (edited)

Well, I wasn’t totally hallucinating! Apparently, they were “Designed in the USA, Assembled in China”.  ‘Assembled in’ must be the new ‘Made in’…  Either way, Princess outsourced it to China. 😆

IMG_4771.jpeg

Edited by dixiejen
Misspelling

3 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Update. Finally at local central processing. USPS claim is delivery tomorrow 

I’m thinking Saturday 

Fingers crossed for both of us! Just noticed you’re in Davidson. We’re right down the road from you in the little ole town of Rockingham! We sail the 13th as well. Are you on the Sky?

On 1/3/2024 at 4:06 PM, dixiejen said:

BUT — if Princess knows those “ponies” have to fly or swim from China, why wait over a month from the time I ordered them to start that process? 

Likely because they use cheap piss-poor batteries inside them that don’t last long.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Same situation here last update was Bensenville IL on 27 Dec 2023.We are scheduled to set sail on Sky Jan 13.

On Its Way to USPS

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

BENSENVILLE, IL 60106 

December 27, 2023, 9:38 pm
Shipping Partner: 4PX EXPRESS USA

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

BENSENVILLE, IL 60106 

December 27, 2023, 7:38 pm

Picked Up By Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item

BENSENVILLE, IL 60106 

December 27, 2023, 5:38 pm

Pre-Shipment, USPS Awaiting Item

December 24, 2023

Edited by firefall76
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 6:53 PM, dixiejen said:

Well, I wasn’t totally hallucinating! Apparently, they were “Designed in the USA, Assembled in China”.  ‘Assembled in’ must be the new ‘Made in’…  Either way, Princess outsourced it to China. 😆

IMG_4771.jpeg

This must be the new Medallion design and Princess must have cycled through the old stock.  They ditched the SES advertising on the back via the sticker since passenger Internet provider is now Starlink.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Fingers crossed for both of us! Just noticed you’re in Davidson. We’re right down the road from you in the little ole town of Rockingham! We sail the 13th as well. Are you on the Sky?

Yup and the Medallions should be delivered today !!!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Likely because they use cheap piss-poor batteries inside them that don’t last long.

Yep!  Our first cruise very shortly after the restart one of the medallions we had was totally dead.  They could not even scan us onto the ship!  They had to walk us over to GS to get a replacement and then scan us in!  Quite certain that those medallions had been sitting for a LONG TIME waiting for cruising to restart.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

Hurrah! Just delivered!

Ditto!!  I feel like Steve Martin in “The Jerk’!  Yaaaaaay!!

8 hours ago, antmaril said:

Just checked my status - “Out For Delivery.   Expected by 4:30 p.m.” 

antmaril — did you get yours today, too?

2 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Ditto!!  I feel like Steve Martin in “The Jerk’!  Yaaaaaay!!

antmaril — did you get yours today, too?

Yes!  They came today.  I didn’t take the box apart because it looks so nice.  😁.  Are the lanyards in there, too?  They must be, right?  

4 hours ago, antmaril said:

Are the lanyards in there, too?  They must be, right?  

Hoorayyyyyy!! Glad you got them in time, too!  Yup…lanyards were in there. We ordered “watch bands” bc we don’t really care for stuff hanging on our necks, and the lanyards were underneath them!  Might never have noticed them if you hadn’t asked! (They really are boxed nicely, aren’t they?) 😆 Happy sailing!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Hoorayyyyyy!! Glad you got them in time, too!  Yup…lanyards were in there. We ordered “watch bands” bc we don’t really care for stuff hanging on our necks, and the lanyards were underneath them!  Might never have noticed them if you hadn’t asked! (They really are boxed nicely, aren’t they?) 😆 Happy sailing!

Great!  Thank you!  Yes, they are boxed nicely.  I took a picture and sent it to my travel companion.   All I said was “Yahoo”.  😁.    One week from today!  🛳️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, 2funlovin said:

May I ask how soon you requested medallion?   Our cruise is planned for August 3, 2024.  Should we request soon?   

You can, if you want to "get it out of the way", and it's frustrating that they will not ship any sooner regardless of when ordered.  

1 hour ago, blueknight222 said:

Hi all! What happens if the Medallions don't arrive by the time you leave for your cruise?

If that happens they issue your medallions at the pier when you check in for boarding.