Found Guarantee Cabin Number

HI all!

I booked a Guarantee Balcony for our upcoming Odyssey cruise. We sail in 5 weeks. I did a mock booking and balconies are sold out, as is most of the cabins on this 2/3/24 cruise.

I completed my Pre-check in and added my Set Sail Pass to my Apple Wallet. So happy to see this "trick" worked and I was able to see my cabin assignment! I am very happy with the cabin assignment, a category 1D on deck 12. 

My question is, what are the chances that I will keep this cabin? I really hope I do! 🙏

2 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I have one for my next cruise, first time I did it... I keep checking hoping a room number pops up even though I'm 7 months out, lol

I didn't book very far out when I had GTY's so mine usually popped up quickly but I would be doing the same thing. It's part of the fun. 😁

• Like 3

I’ve used that bar code trick multiple times. So far it has predicted my cabin perfectly…unless I took action to change it (successfully bidding on RoyalUp, intentionally switching cabins, etc.). The cruiseline has the right to change a gty assignment, but it rarely happens.  I’m glad you are happy with the cabin number in the bar code.

If you already bid on RoyalUp offers, go back and reassess your bids with that cabin number in mind.  Since you really like the cabin, you might want to cancel or lower some bids.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, massfamilyof4 said:

HI all!

I booked a Guarantee Balcony for our upcoming Odyssey cruise. We sail in 5 weeks. I did a mock booking and balconies are sold out, as is most of the cabins on this 2/3/24 cruise.

I completed my Pre-check in and added my Set Sail Pass to my Apple Wallet. So happy to see this "trick" worked and I was able to see my cabin assignment! I am very happy with the cabin assignment, a category 1D on deck 12. 

My question is, what are the chances that I will keep this cabin? I really hope I do! 🙏

All you had to do is locate your booking online to see cabin number

16 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

It doesn't appear there until it is officially assigned. The bar code trick lets you see it ahead of time.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I didn't book very far out when I had GTY's so mine usually popped up quickly but I would be doing the same thing. It's part of the fun. 😁

Right?! I feel like I am doing something "special" by figuring it out ahead of time!

4 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

All of my documents just say "GTY". No cabin number unless I am looking in the wrong place? 

20 minutes ago, massfamilyof4 said:

All of my documents just say "GTY". No cabin number unless I am looking in the wrong place?

No, you're doing nothing wrong. It won't appear until official assignment (which you seemed to already know or else you wouldn't have used the bar code trick).

7 hours ago, massfamilyof4 said:

Your chances are almost 100%.  Once they assign you, they rarely go back and make changes.  Once my number disappeared /went back to GYT, but even then it didn't change -- the next day it was back to the same cabin number.  

6 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I have one for my next cruise, first time I did it... I keep checking hoping a room number pops up even though I'm 7 months out, lol

Nope, you're trying waaaay too far in advance.  

1 hour ago, massfamilyof4 said:

Right?! I feel like I am doing something "special" by figuring it out ahead of time!

Yes, I feel like I'm a spy discovering something secret!  

16 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Nope, you're trying waaaay too far in advance.  

I'm just checking the actual room assignment on the app, I've heard some people get the GTY room assigned and it pops up on the app\website months in advance. I know I cant do the barcode thingee until like April. 

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I'm just checking the actual room assignment on the app, I've heard some people get the GTY room assigned and it pops up on the app\website months in advance. I know I cant do the barcode thingee until like April. 

Exactly right.  Having the room number pop up now would be akin to winning the lottery -- yeah, it's gonna happen to someone, but it's a one in a million type event.  It's to Royal's advantage to keep as many rooms as possible "open" for people who will pay to choose, then to "fill in" their guarantees later.  April will get here, and you'll get your room number.  

I've had the deck and muster station in our app for a while and the cabin through the barcode trick for a couple of weeks. Sailing Allure in a couple of weeks. When do they do the final assignment? My TA can't see any cabin assigned in the system to change it to another one a bit more forward from the current one.

35 minutes ago, death_star said:

My TA can't see any cabin assigned in the system to change it to another one a bit more forward from the current one.

You can't change until the assignment is official - RCI is likely doing this specifically to prevent what you want to do.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, death_star said:

I've had the deck and muster station in our app for a while and the cabin through the barcode trick for a couple of weeks. Sailing Allure in a couple of weeks. When do they do the final assignment? My TA can't see any cabin assigned in the system to change it to another one a bit more forward from the current one.

The official assignment can happen as soon or as late as the cruiseline decides.  

Do not get too attached to the idea of switching cabin locations.    Lately by the time my cabin is officially assigned no more available cabins remain in my exact category.  Consider yourself lucky if a nicer cabin is still available when your cabin is assigned.

6 hours ago, death_star said:

When do they do the final assignment? 

- USUALLY guarantees are assigned 2-4 days after boarding opens. 

- We've never had ours earlier, and once our number didn't officially pop up until a couple days before sailing. 

- We've always (always being since the pandemic) been able to learn our number through the "barcode trick" 1-2 days ahead of Royal officially releasing it.  

- We've always been pleased with our assignment, and we usually end up mid-ship on Deck 6.  

There is no possibility that you will see your cabin number when your reservation shows GTY.  You must have a set sail pass to see and use the bar code.

I'm not sure why RCI withholds the information, but they do.  Your cabin could have been assigned months before.  There is no usually, because there is an equal chance your cabin was assigned shortly after final payment.

29 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

- USUALLY guarantees are assigned 2-4 days after boarding opens. 

- We've never had ours earlier, and once our number didn't officially pop up until a couple days before sailing. 

- We've always (always being since the pandemic) been able to learn our number through the "barcode trick" 1-2 days ahead of Royal officially releasing it.  

- We've always been pleased with our assignment, and we usually end up mid-ship on Deck 6.  

There is no ususl with respect to guarantees.

I've had them assigned while they were on hold to up until yhe date of sailing snd everything in between. 

• Like 3