Just checked on my bids...interesting...

Shippy

Our cruise is in the beginning of February.

Upper suites have appeared to be sold out for a very long time but.....

I was given the opportunity to bid on an owners suite & a penthouse suite.

I bid on both a few weeks ago.

Just out of curiosity I just went back to check on my bids.

The owners suite says to either cancel or modify the bid.

The penthouse bid says PENDING !

Makes me think I just might be getting a penthouse    :O)

What do you think ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Shippy said:

What do you think ?

Sounds like it.

54 minutes ago, Shippy said:

What do you think ?

Check your credit card, if the bid charge is there, you got it for sure. 

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

What do you think ?

Fingers crossed for you.  Can you please tell me how to check on your bid?  TIA!

Edited by antmaril

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

What do you think ?

Did you increase your owner’s suite bid or cancel it?  Sounds like you have a chance.  There may be an owners suite available and they’re going for the highest bidder.  If you bid a little higher you may get that. Not sure if penthouse is available. Let us know.

51 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

earlier this year I had a bid pending for an upgrade.  I got notice I did not get it ( via email), the day I boarded the ship.  Personally, I think they leave it pending, just incase you want to up your bid.

Same with my bid.

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

earlier this year I had a bid pending for an upgrade.  I got notice I did not get it ( via email), the day I boarded the ship.  Personally, I think they leave it pending, just incase you want to up your bid.

Same here. But, the ship was full and I think it was pending because a cabin could have opened last minute, with a cancellation.

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

On the owner suite bid it said cancel or modify

on the penthouse bid there was no longer a place to either cancel or up the bid...just pending

1 hour ago, antmaril said:

Fingers crossed for you.  Can you please tell me how to check on your bid?  TIA!

Just logged in to my Princess site & manage your cruise.

When I scrolled down, there were lots of areas like dining, excursions, etc.

There was one about bidding for an upgrade. When I clicked on that, it said lets get started & when i clicked on that...it showed my original bids & status.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shippy said:

There was one about bidding for an upgrade. When I clicked on that, it said lets get started & when i clicked on that...it showed my original bids & status.

I will try that.  Thank you!  

1 minute ago, Shippy said:

I have heard a lot of these bids get accepted or not about 30 days before sailing.We are about 38 days out but my curiosity was getting the best of me. I wanted to check to see if they were 'rejected'

I'm about 39 days out, and I just received a "you've been outbid" email.  I was told that if I more than doubled my bid, my bid would move to the top of the list.   Not sure who is bidding what the actual price of the cabin was, but if I upped my bid by the amount suggested, I would have been close to the regular booking price.

Edited by Stosh68

3 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

I'm about 39 days out, and I just received a "you've been outbid" email.  I was told that if I more than doubled my bid, my bid would move to the top of the list.   Not sure who is bidding what the actual price of the cabin was, but if I upped my bid by the amount suggested, I would have been close to the regular booking price.

Yes, I read about this new ploy on the other thread. Let’s not get suckered. We have won 2 bids in the past and both times they were minimum bids. I’m sure many people “outbid” us, and won their bids before us, but we knew there were multiple cabins in our bid category available and it worked out for us.

I guess if you were bidding on the only available suite it would be different, but we’ve only bid on balconies or minisuites.

4 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Yes, I read about this new ploy on the other thread. Let’s not get suckered. We have won 2 bids in the past and both times they were minimum bids. I’m sure many people “outbid” us, and won their bids before us, but we knew there were multiple cabins in our bid category available and it worked out for us.

I guess if you were bidding on the only available suite it would be different, but we’ve only bid on balconies or minisuites.

I'm not.  I like my current cabin, so I'm not desperate to get an upgrade.  I only bid what each upgrade was worth to me.  After checking my other three bids, all three of them show pending.  I'm not sure pending means anything, other than your bid is still "pending" acceptance or rejection. 

Edited by Stosh68

4 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

I'm not.  I like my current cabin, so I'm not desperate to get an upgrade.  I only bid what each upgrade was worth to me.  After checking my other three bids, all three of them show pending.  I'm not sure pending means anything, other than your bid is still "pending" acceptance or rejection. 

Sorry, I didn’t think you were going to get “suckered”. It was more of a collective “let’s” 😊. Like you, we book what we will be happy with and if a bid comes through it’s just a bonus.

3 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Sorry, I didn’t think you were going to get “suckered”. It was more of a collective “let’s” 😊. Like you, we book what we will be happy with and if a bid comes through it’s just a bonus.

No worries, I didn't take it that way.  I'm just responding because I too have pending bids, and it's nearing the time when bids start to be accepted and noticed that Princess is trying to goad people into bidding wars by emailing with the number of bids ahead of you and the amount to be top bidder, allegedly anyway.   No telling how truthful the emails may or may not be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

Sounds like an eBay response from PCL!  😳