Cruise first $500 are back…

Fredrik

FREE $250 WITH CRUISEFIRST 
Booking Window: December 28th, 2023 - January 4th, 2024 11:59 PM EST.

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#insideroffertwopoints

6 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Booking Window: December 28th, 2023 - January 4th, 2024 11:59 PM EST.

I don't know why they say there is a "booking window". You can book up to three years from purchase.

Unless this is the window to purchase the special $500 promotion and it ends January 4th??

2 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I don't know why they say there is a "booking window". You can book up to three years from purchase.

Unless this is the window to purchase the special $500 promotion and it ends January 4th??

The booking window is the double amount. It’s usually not 500 dollars.it comes and goes, now it’s here 😉

7 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

The booking window is the double amount. It’s usually not 500 dollars.it comes and goes, now it’s here 😉

That's pretty much what I said in regard to the promotion.

My issue was with them using the term "booking". You book a cruise...you purchase a certificate. 

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

That's pretty much what I said in regard to the promotion.

My issue was with them using the term "booking". You book a cruise...you purchase a certificate. 

Ok, let’s call it purchasing window. My point is that the 500 hasn’t been around for awhile and now it’s back.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder of the sale. I saw @laudergaylehad mentioned the sale on another thread, and after I saw it, I was ready to pull the trigger. But being the old guy that I am, I went into the NCL site and couldn't remember what I went there for. 🤪

Just went back to the site and "purchased" one. Now I'll have to "book" another cruise.

I hate when that happens...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

it comes and goes quite frequently. or as dorothy gale quipped "[cruise first certificates] come and go so quickly here."

i think the black friday "sale" was the last time we saw it and it lasted about a week. so, it's been about three weeks. i've been waiting for it to return, as i was unable to purchase last time due to web site login snafus.

what's interesting is that the terms say a cruise of six days or more is required. i remember it as being five days previously, but perhaps i'm misremembering. not a concern, as most of my cruises are seven days or more... still, that caught my eye. 

Edited by UKstages

23 minutes ago, prov2727 said:

So, if the price of your cruise drops and you rebook, instead of $500, you only get the $250 you purchased the certificate for?

Typically it is not a cancel/rebook just a price adjustment and the booking number stays the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It would be nice if somebody who has done this, with a CruiseFirst applied, could educate us.  

I’ve done this without any issue.  I did ask my PCC before doing it and she said it was not a new booking, just a change.  I know you reprice when possible, if you look at your booking #, my guess is that it doesn’t change.  

Despite what some say…we have also used $500 CF and later applied $500 CN…not intentionally.  We don’t use our PCC when applying our certs, so there was no human intervention.  I wouldn’t recommend trying this as I worried the entire time they would cancel our booking.  They did not, thankfully.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Ok, let’s call it purchasing window. My point is that the 500 hasn’t been around for awhile and now it’s back.

They had them for a Black Friday sale last month.  I bought one a couple of days after booking a cruise and using a $250 Cruise Next for that.  It’s nice having that $500 certificate; it makes a cruise almost seem like a bargain!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reveur15 said:

I got one cruise first yesterday and i have another from last year. In my account they don't show any expiration date but the terms still says 3 years ? Will they expire or not ?

no, they do not expire. 3 years is old information 

8 hours ago, mistertomatoe said:

Typical NCL mess. Their people are saying CruiseFirst and CruiseNext certs don't expire anymore but don't update their website. I suspect other things are changing for the worse.. (since I doubt they will let the certs go on forever without some way for them to end).

My guess is NCL removed the expiration dates for accounting purposes.  Without expiration dates they have an indefinite time to reduce projected revenue.  In other words, they can claim revenue today for selling certs, but don’t have to reduce future revenue projections on a three year model.  It’s really just a smoke and mirrors tactic for NCL bottom line.  

27 minutes ago, warriorcruiser said:

how often do they do the $500 offer. i just got one and booked for 2024. is it worth it to grab another for 2025? or will there be aother opp before then?

thanks for any insights

not that often. It is only done 1-2 times a year

i haven't kept track, but i think it's done a bit more often than once or twice a year. 

they did it for black friday, and here we are, about five or six weeks later and, oops, they've done it again.