Cruise first $500 are back…

Fredrik

On 12/30/2023 at 7:58 AM, reveur15 said:

I got one cruise first yesterday and i have another from last year. In my account they don't show any expiration date but the terms still says 3 years ? Will they expire or not ?

I bought a CruiseFirst on December 29th.

In my account it shows an expiration date of 12/29/26.

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I bought a CruiseFirst on December 29th.

In my account it shows an expiration date of 12/29/26.

I also bought my CruiseFirst on December 29th.

In my account it DOES NOT show any expiration date.

BUT on the confirmation I received by email it does show an expiration date of 12/29/26.

Very confusing ! 🤔

On 1/4/2024 at 2:22 PM, reveur15 said:

I also bought my CruiseFirst on December 29th.

In my account it DOES NOT show any expiration date.

BUT on the confirmation I received by email it does show an expiration date of 12/29/26.

Very confusing ! 🤔

As I said two days ago, the CruiseFirst in my account showed an expiration date of 12/29/26.

Today it shows no expiration date.

Maybe it already expired...😁

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 1:16 PM, Fredrik said:

FREE $250 WITH CRUISEFIRST 
Booking Window: December 28th, 2023 - January 4th, 2024 11:59 PM EST.

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#insideroffertwopoints

Where do you purchase this?  I see there is one on now for $150.

They are now (or will be starting Jan 9?) called CruiseFirst Credit and CruiseNext Credit.

The terms and conditions have been updated to reflect there is no expiration for purchased credits on or after Jan 9, 2024:

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisefirst

"CFC(s) do not expire. Only one CFC may be used per stateroom. No black-out dates apply to the use of a CFC. Reservations are subject to availability. CFC(s) are not combinable with CruiseNext Credits (including Haven and Sixthman CruiseNext Credits), chartered cruises, incentive cruises, barter cruises, employee discount(s), friends and family discount(s), Sailaway (categories: IX, OX, BX, MX), interline, non-NCLU travel partner rates, Bingo Winners, or Diamonds Resort International bookings."

In typical NCL fashion they have terms for before Jan 9 but they just drop the expiration mention so you'd be forgiven if you think they never expired in the past too. Thanks for the cornfusion, NCL!

There's also this:

"All CFC(s) are issued by Goodwill Credit, Ltd. and all claims or concerns with respect to the CFC(s) (other than requests for permissible application or transfer) are to be directed to Goodwill Credit, Ltd. at www.goodwillcruisecredit.com. NCL (Bahamas) Ltd., d/b/a Norwegian Cruise Line (including its affiliates other than Goodwill Credit, Ltd.) takes no responsibility for any claim related to CFC(s), including for the loss of identifying credit information. Please contact cruisenext@ncl.com for all requests related to onboard practices or permissible services including but not limited to application of CFC(s) and CFC transfers."

Wait, a third party? Maybe handling it like a giftcard but calling it credit. Some giftcards act like credit or debit cards. I suspect there is a way to sunset these things. Maybe Goodwill Credit folds and NCL washes their hands or there are some admin fee that gets deducted periodically. The URL doesn't go to anything yet. The other shoe will drop soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galveston gal said:

It’s only offered a couple of times a year, hence me posting about it. The 150/300 is somewhat always available.

-F

5 hours ago, galveston gal said:

They've removed references to the $500($250) one on the front page and CruiseFirst page but it's still in the drop down. I ordered one but haven't gotten any confirmation yet. I'm nervous about this Goodwill Credit company so I'm trying to get one more before the changeover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mistertomatoe said:

They've removed references to the $500($250) one on the front page and CruiseFirst page but it's still in the drop down. I ordered one but haven't gotten any confirmation yet. I'm nervous about this Goodwill Credit company so I'm trying to get one more before the changeover.

Where on the website do I find the link to order?

Are they changing the company who administers the CruiseFirst?

You say the $500 one is still available on the website (showing as a drop down).  Do you usually get immediate confirmation?

Thanks!  I am new to NCL and hope to obtain one of these offers.

I was reading about CruiseNext and it seems the benefits are the onboard credit you receive on current cruise and it satisfies the deposit requirement for your next cruise.  Is this correct?   Is this really worth it?  We would be booking Haven so I think there is a special one for that.

4 minutes ago, galveston gal said:

Where on the website do I find the link to order?

Are they changing the company who administers the CruiseFirst?

You say the $500 one is still available on the website (showing as a drop down).  Do you usually get immediate confirmation?

Thanks!  I am new to NCL and hope to obtain one of these offers.

I was reading about CruiseNext and it seems the benefits are the onboard credit you receive on current cruise and it satisfies the deposit requirement for your next cruise.  Is this correct?   Is this really worth it?  We would be booking Haven so I think there is a special one for that.

In the price dropdown it shows $500 CERTIFICATE. The confirmation page says 10 minutes for the certificate to show up under my account but I haven't seen it yet. Maybe because it's late night on a weekend?

https://www.ncl.com/shorex/262549111/cruise-first

I'm not sure for CruiseNext so I'll defer to others. That one is confusing to me but depending on the promotion since you're going with the Haven it might be better. You can only get those while onboard a ship though.

As for the 3rd party being involved. It looks like based on the Privacy Policy page of the NCL Holdings page it's a subsidiary so it's another NCL company. I guess that's better but I'll have to wait for the changeover to see what it really means.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mistertomatoe said:

In the price dropdown it shows $500 CERTIFICATE. The confirmation page says 10 minutes for the certificate to show up under my account but I haven't seen it yet. Maybe because it's late night on a weekend?

I'm not sure for CruiseNext so I'll defer to others. That one is confusing to me but depending on the promotion since you're going with the Haven it might be better. You can only get those while onboard a ship though.

As for the 3rd party being involved. It looks like based on the Privacy Policy page of the NCL Holdings page it's a subsidiary so it's another NCL company. I guess that's better but I'll have to wait for the changeover to see what it really means.

Thank you for finding Goodwill Credit as a NCLH subsidiary.  I had tried to do research on the company and came up with a goose egg.  It makes me less nervous about purchasing either a CF or CN certificate, as I see this new company as more of a tactic for NCL to better manage these credits on their balance sheets. 

Edited by laudergayle

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Thank you for finding Goodwill Credit as a NCLH subsidiary.  I had tried to do research on the company and came up with a goose egg.  It makes me less nervous about purchasing either a CF or CN certificate, as I see this new company as more of a tactic for NCL to better manage these credits on their balance sheets. 

2 hours ago, mistertomatoe said:

That link doesn’t work for me.  Let us know if you are successful on that $250 one.

i will contact NCL to find the link to purchase them.  How hard should it be?  

I am totally ignorant about these certificates. If I am planning a 10 day cruise for neat October in an inside room, would I be able to use the $500? When do I have to buy it by? What happens if I cancel cruise? Thanks

3 hours ago, galveston gal said:

That link doesn’t work for me.  Let us know if you are successful on that $250 one.

i will contact NCL to find the link to purchase them.  How hard should it be?  

Try this one and click the button:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program

I'm still waiting for it to show up in my account. Hopefully the $500 is actually available.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

Try this one and click the button:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program

I'm still waiting for it to show up in my account. Hopefully the $500 is actually available.

That works.

Here is my situation.  Sailing in 12 days and likely will take another NCL in 2025.  Is it better to book onboard with Cruise First or Cruise Next.  We already know which one we are booking.  It will likely be in Haven if that makes a difference.

I know the folks on board are busily trying to sell whatever they can but I am asking for your opinion.   I don’t want to try to interpret the sales pitch.

thank you so much!

The website is accessible: https://www.goodwillcruisecredit.com/

You'll be forgiven if you think it's a fake website. LOL.

As for that $500 CruiseFirst I ordered on Saturday. It's still not in my account even though I got the confirmation webpage. I think it's lost. My credit card hasn't been charged so I might just let it go.

• Thanks 1

New to NCL, jumping ship from RCL and looking to book for Alaska. Can these Cruise First certificates be redeemed if you book via a travel agent or do you have to book directly thru NCL?

On 12/29/2023 at 4:33 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

It would be nice if somebody who has done this, with a CruiseFirst applied, could educate us.  

I have done it. What was explained is correct, you just get a price adjustment and booking number stays the same. My cruise first still had its full value. 

On 1/7/2024 at 10:31 AM, galveston gal said:

That works.

Here is my situation.  Sailing in 12 days and likely will take another NCL in 2025.  Is it better to book onboard with Cruise First or Cruise Next.  We already know which one we are booking.  It will likely be in Haven if that makes a difference.

I know the folks on board are busily trying to sell whatever they can but I am asking for your opinion.   I don’t want to try to interpret the sales pitch.

thank you so much!

There is 1 very distinct difference between CN and CF if you are booking a Haven cabin, over and above any cost savings. A Haven CN is valued at $500 (you pay $400 if you buy 1, $375 if you buy 2). But that $500 certificate will suffice as your deposit.  Any other option only goes toward the 10% Haven deposit requirement.

In the long run, you pay the same, no matter how you pay your deposit. But if you use the Haven certificate, your initial cash outlay is only the cost of the certificate.

• Thanks 1

thanks for the heads up!

so, for the folks who keep insisting NCL offers the higher value certificate (er, i mean "credits") twice a year... please note that it's been offered three times in the past six weeks.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:32 AM, mistertomatoe said:

The website is accessible: https://www.goodwillcruisecredit.com/

You'll be forgiven if you think it's a fake website. LOL.

As for that $500 CruiseFirst I ordered on Saturday. It's still not in my account even though I got the confirmation webpage. I think it's lost. My credit card hasn't been charged so I might just let it go.

Did yours ever post?  Just curious.