Can I cancel our plus package and rebuy with OBC on the day of embarkation?

screenname2004

3 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

We have made the final payment with plus package included. Now I realize I have a few hundred dollars of OBC that I have no idea how to spend it. Can I cancel the plus package and buy it when I get on board?

Unfortunately, you probably won’t be able to do so now that final payment has been made.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Unfortunately, you probably won’t be able to do so now that final payment has been made.  

What happens if the final payment date has not been reached yet? In our case Princess gave us $2000 in OBC to book an18-day Jan 2025 cruise from Buenos Aires to Ft Lauderdale and we booked the cruise with the Plus Package. However, our cabin category is now sold out and the $2000 early booking perk has disappeared. Since the Plus Package fare was included in the base Fare, can we get the $60 pp/day fee removed, so we could pay for it with OBC once onboard? I'm feeling the answer is no.

image.thumb.png.4280a1cb0618dec3908875467a9849fb.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 57eric said:

I'm not understanding why anyone would pay for the plus package until right before embarkation (or later). 

Unless of course PCL decides at some point to increase the daily Plus charge again, like they have done twice before. In the beginning it was $40 pp/day, then $50 pp/day, before the latest increase to $60 pp/day.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What happens if the final payment date has not been reached yet? In our case Princess gave us $2000 in OBC to book an18-day Jan 2025 cruise from Buenos Aires to Ft Lauderdale and we booked the cruise with the Plus Package. However, our cabin category is now sold out and the $2000 early booking perk has disappeared. Since the Plus Package fare was included in the base Fare, can we get the $60 pp/day fee removed, so we could pay for it with OBC once onboard? I'm feeling the answer is no.

image.thumb.png.4280a1cb0618dec3908875467a9849fb.png

Not an expert but I doubt it. It is a separate rate code so you would have to re-fare.

This is assuming the price you paid included Plus. If you added Plus via the Personalizer after, you probably can.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

I'm not understanding why anyone would pay for the plus package until right before embarkation (or later). 

Consider that  when we booked our cruise (which we took in early December) the Plus Package was only $40 plus we were given a free upgrade to the Premiere Package because of a special promotion for Vets.  If we had waited until our cruise (or close to our cruise) that $40 package would have cost a lot more!

Hank

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What happens if the final payment date has not been reached yet? In our case Princess gave us $2000 in OBC to book an18-day Jan 2025 cruise from Buenos Aires to Ft Lauderdale and we booked the cruise with the Plus Package.

I was told I could remove Plus from my fare. So it probably depends on the kind of fare you have. (I ended up not doing it for various reasons but the option was offered.)

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Unless of course PCL decides at some point to increase the daily Plus charge again, like they have done twice before. In the beginning it was $40 pp/day, then $50 pp/day, before the latest increase to $60 pp/day.

They're seeing how far they can push the price point without losing purchasers.

34 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They're seeing how far they can push the price point without losing purchasers.

I think the $60 price point is about the max for us, unless they start adding some perks we will actually use other than free gratuities, unlimited internet and beverage packages, as we pretty much ignore the other light weight perks and don’t use room service.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2