Athens Hotel

RLK33853

Does anyone know which pre-cruise hotel Crystal uses in Athens? We had a favorite, but their reviews have gone down since we were there last.

Also any other first hand suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you

Ray and Ann

Ray and Ann.

Not sure who Crystal uses. TA could ask Crystal.  We haven't stayed there for many years. In the past we would recommend King George Hotel and Intercontinental (Club Floor) but like I said it's been a long time and I haven't looked at reviews.

Keith

I checked this last week as we arrive one day early for our cruise in April. They use the Athens Capital Hotel, which has 9.5/10 rating with Expedia. It also is priced fairly reasonably for a hotel offered by a cruise line!

2 hours ago, Cruisemonty said:

We stayed at the Hotel Grand Bretagne in 2017 before a cruise and loved it. You can get/use Marriott Points as it is in the Luxury Collection.The rooftop restaurant has a view of the Parthenon, which is lit up at night

I second the Hotel Grand Bretagne. We were there in November and loved it. Both restaurants at the hotel, rooftop and lobby level, are outstanding. 

• Like 2

I'm looking at Electra Palace and the Athens Capital.  Any opinions?  I always choose a hotel that has a good restaurant menu in case I decide to stay in after my flight to recover before the cruise.  I've been to Athens a couple of times so don't need to tour this time.  I've stayed at the Grand Bretagne and it is very lovely as well.

We've stayed at the Electra Palace and were very satisfied.  A large number of rooms have a balcony and view of the Acropolis.  It has a nice clubby bar off of the lobby.  The roof-top restaurant has an excellent breakfast and - again - a great view of the Acropolis.  We did not eat dinner there but it is quite close to the Plaka where there are many choices.  

Sounds good.  I scrutinized the restaurants and menu there and they look very nice. I also like that the location is walkable to much.  Thank you for replying.  The Athens Capital is a little further away and a very busy street to cross.  Athens is the only city I've gotten lost in - couldn't find my way back to the Bratagne.  All the street signs were in Greek (humor me).

• Like 1

Hooray!  I booked myself into Athens Capital Hotel for two nights prior to my April cruise before knowing it was Crystal’s choice.  I am an Accor member.

i have not been to Athens for almost 20 years and once stayed at the Marriott about a mile away from Parliament Square and three times hubby and I stayed at the (then) brand new Hilton just past the Benaki Museum. And Goulandris Museum.
Both properties were very good.

I recently was in the Grande Bretagne , of course very nice 

I was several times in the Intercontinental on Club floor 

and I was not very happy at the Marriott hotel ( ex Chandris hotel ) beginning of this year

1 hour ago, Mickb said:

The Hilton is quite good - 

And closed.  Supposedly, it will reopen as a Conrad later in 2024, but the Hilton website does not show it available for reservations anytime in 2024.

• Thanks 3