LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

52 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

The waste management - environmental services team below pax deck will not be happy as some of their positions will be eliminated, crews released and/or re-trained and reassigned to other "important" duties ... in the pursuit spirit of "sail and sustain".  Shore suppliers won't be happy as fewer color/B&W toners, not to mention reams of assorted papers will no longer be needed.  Room stewards will be happier, on the other hand, as they will no longer be tasked with sorted out those garbage bins into different collection holds, and fewer items to be incinerated onboard while other waste remained bundled to transfer ashore for landfill disposals, etc. etc. 

I can already think of another money making idea for the benefits of NCLH shareholders but lips are sealed.  Some of the inserts are useful, IMO, as scrap papers ... before torn up and tossed into the round file bin (hey, NCL - maybe it is time to modernize to a split bin or triple sectionals - regular, recycled & glass/bottles, to simplify the housekeeping team's work; as many land-based hotels/resorts have been doing it abroad.)  Nevermind, just fix and update that NCL App itself first, consistently inconsistent ... across the fleet and while the programming team is at it, add the feature to "import" one's onboard reminders, i.e. shows & dining reservations booked AND the ability to cancel.  Those of us, digitally-proficient enough, can help shorten the lines at Guest Serives, Onboard Credit and CruiseNext ... ShorEx too if the functions are better integrated.  

BTW, that port side Infinity Beach, pool area below looks pretty busy, full ... facing the sun.  How about the opposite sun in the shade?  Just realized, ship is on EDT, all abroad coming up shorter ... then, it's homeward bound (minus, hopefully no pier runners left behind) - 7 days really go quickly.  

Yep…we’re on EDT.  Pilot boat just left!  We’re away to Galveston!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Respect your stance!  

How are you guys just get up or get off the ship  I should OK I agree the big old round ones. I love those you have a good cruise. I know I saw the stuff sitting on the bed you know you’re leaving soon and here come buy some more art I saw it’s almost over. I don’t know who still alive OK  tomorrow some of the ships I think he did the breakaway and get away Las Vegas. I didn’t know that But, have carried a cell phone a laptop and  numerous cables, memory devices etc since my working days in the 90s.  And, that tech replaced a large case full of papers I had to carry.

For good or ill, technology has woven itself into our ever day lives.  Personally, I welcomed it.  It all makes my life easier.  

Are you OK @graphicguy? Perhaps a delayed reaction from the fall?

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Are you OK @graphicguy?

He can probably use another cruise with his GF, then everything, everything just about, is gonna be allright.  Me, thinks, he can use another week on the Prima to really check things out.  Everytime DW see that special FS edition, it's "oh, no ... can we stay 😆 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

He can probably use another cruise with his GF, then everything, everything just about, is gonna be allright.  Me, thinks, he can use another week on the Prima to really check things out.  Everytime DW see that special FS edition, it's "oh, no ... can we stay 😆 

Yes we are all hoping his GF can join him on the next one. Seven day cruises are just too short for me. I don't even remember being on the Encore where I just disembarked on Sunday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Yes we are all hoping his GF can join him on the next one. Seven day cruises are just too short for me. I don't even remember being on the Encore where I just disembarked on Sunday. 

I was actually typing a response while someone at the bar with me was talking.  Phone picked it up.  I didn’t proof read, which I rarely do.  

And that post was the result!

Or, I am having cruise end withdrawals

Or, I have been consuming a wee bit of bourbon!

😁😉🙃

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I was actually typing a response while someone at the bar with me was talking.  Phone picked it up.  I didn’t proof read, which I rarely do.  

And that post was the result!

Or, I am having cruise end withdrawals

Or, I have been consuming a wee bit of bourbon!

A mystery that may never be solved....  🤣

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

And.  not sure who sent it or why I got this at Cagney’s, but appreciate it….Thanks!

IMG_2860.jpeg

All of us at home reading your adventures requested this be sent to you as a thank you. 😉

You ARE the best after all for letting us follow you on this cruise!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

52 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

And.  not sure who sent it or why I got this at Cagney’s, but appreciate it….Thanks !

I'm sure they didn't run out of their regular dessert ... probably to butter you up.  Wait, didn't come with a little card ... "compliment of xyz"  - maybe corporate realized you're posting live onboard and alerted the onboard leadership to go above and beyond.  

BTW, filling out those Vacation Heros card ?   I know, so much to do ... and you haven't even been to the Hudson MDR or The Commodore Room, see - 7 Days is really, really short for some of us to check the ship out in depth.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

maybe corporate realized you're posting live onboard and alerted the onboard leadership to go above and beyond.  

LOL.  Big data is REAL.  If that means that my good friend gets an extra perk or two, I'm all for it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

LOL ... my good friend gets an extra perk or two ... 

Plus, unlike you and me, he gets to have the butler pickup his Cagney's dessert & bring it up to his suite, i.e. the OMG Butterscotch Cheesecake.  We can't finish it and rather keep it to finish it later, either we pull out a ziplock bag or "open carry" and walk out calmly when nobody is looking, LOL.  

• Haha 2

@mking8288

The biggest waste of paper imho are all of the "art" and shopping flyers... we throw those out the moment we see them. Never understood that or the books that used to be in cabins about the shops on the ship. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mking8288 said:

I'm sure they didn't run out of their regular dessert ... probably to butter you up.  Wait, didn't come with a little card ... "compliment of xyz"  - maybe corporate realized you're posting live onboard and alerted the onboard leadership to go above and beyond.  

BTW, filling out those Vacation Heros card ?   I know, so much to do ... and you haven't even been to the Hudson MDR or The Commodore Room, see - 7 Days is really, really short for some of us to check the ship out in depth.  

No…no card.  Cagney’s person (chef?  MGR?). just brought it to my table and said “we are glad you’re here”!  Now, I know of some who would disagree, but I like the sentiment!

Writing

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

LOL.  Big data is REAL.  If that means that my good friend gets an extra perk or two, I'm all for it!

the vacation hero cards sitting on the balcony sipping coffee!  Weather could not be more perfect!

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

8 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Plus, unlike you and me, he gets to have the butler pickup his Cagney's dessert & bring it up to his suite, i.e. the OMG Butterscotch Cheesecake.  We can't finish it and rather keep it to finish it later, either we pull out a ziplock bag or "open carry" and walk out calmly when nobody is looking, LOL.  

I’m blushing!  

Now, y’all are making me feel like a freeloader!  I actually gave the cake to another table.  Although, I do think being nice to the crew will garner things like an innocent cake.  I appreciate them all and let them know (except for Security Personnel, who are generally a hapless bunch☹️)!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 8

As an aside, the final showcase last night included a new Corvette and some mindless doo-dads.

If the contestants came within $100 of the actual retail price, they win the ‘Vette!

They didn’t come close.  Know who did?  You guessed it.

I guessed $72,400!

Actual retail price was $72,464!

Problem being, I wasn’t one of the contestants in the final showcase!

That said, one person won a big screen TV.  Another person won a fancy schmantzy espresso maker and another won a little cash!

I’m not a game show person, but the audience was into it!  Who knew?🤣

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Holy smokes….can the Cruise Next dept possibly leave more voice mails?  I know I’ll be leaving soon.  You’ve reminded me of your “specials” EVERY….SINGLE….FREAKIN’…DAY on my voice mail.  Give it a rest!😐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Holy smokes….can the Cruise Next dept possibly leave more voice mails?  I know I’ll be leaving soon.  You’ve reminded me of your “specials” EVERY….SINGLE….FREAKIN’…DAY on my voice mail.  Give it a rest!😐

On the Encore last week…CruiseNext voicemails every other day BUT personal CruiseNext flyers every day! Where is that recycling bin?

• Haha 5