Just won a move up bid on Eclipse 1/20/24

bbfgator

Hi folks - Bear with me please.  I've never even bid before so have a few questions for those that know.  I was originally booked in a Sunset Veranda cabin on deck 7.  I received a move up offer on a Sunset Sky Suite - bid and won.  Now we are on deck 12.  When I made the original purchase, I prepaid gratuities but did not buy drink package as we are not drinkers.  Are there any concerns or changes that I should be aware of?  The way I understand this is basically I just got a room change and nothing else, right?  We sail RCCL more than Celebrity so really in the dark.  We have done Beyond twice though so not total newbies to Celebrity.  We are excited to get the extra space and love being in the aft so it's all a win win for us - just trying to be prepared.  Thank you much for any information! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, bbfgator said:

Hi folks - Bear with me please.  I've never even bid before so have a few questions for those that know.  I was originally booked in a Sunset Veranda cabin on deck 7.  I received a move up offer on a Sunset Sky Suite - bid and won.  Now we are on deck 12.  When I made the original purchase, I prepaid gratuities but did not buy drink package as we are not drinkers.  Are there any concerns or changes that I should be aware of?  The way I understand this is basically I just got a room change and nothing else, right?  We sail RCCL more than Celebrity so really in the dark.  We have done Beyond twice though so not total newbies to Celebrity.  We are excited to get the extra space and love being in the aft so it's all a win win for us - just trying to be prepared.  Thank you much for any information! 

If there is a difference between Sunset veranda gratuities per day, and the Sky Suite per day, you would owe that difference....Enjoy your trip, we love Eclipse

Edited by Hawkstar33

28 minutes ago, bbfgator said:

...I was originally booked in a Sunset Veranda cabin on deck 7.  I received a move up offer on a Sunset Sky Suite - bid and won.  Now we are on deck 12.  ....

If you have the time and motivation to post here, others might learn from your bidding experience. Congratulations on your move-up.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bbfgator said:

Congratulations! I will also be in a sunset veranda but on the ascent. I put in bids on a sunset sky suite and an Aqua sky suites still waiting to hear. May I ask what the minimum bid was and how much you bid over the minimum if you don’t mind sharing that information? I’m just trying to see if I have any shot. Thanks

1 hour ago, bbfgator said:

Are there any concerns or changes that I should be aware of? 

You gain access to the Retreat Lounge on Deck 5. Free drinks there from approximately 0730-2300.

• Like 1

You will have access to the Retreat so can eat in Luminae as well.  You mentioned you don't drink, but you can still enjoy the Retreat Lounge.  They do have non-alcoholic beverages such as coffees, teas, sodas and some juices.  They also serve "tea" which is really snacks in the afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Congratulations! I will also be in a sunset veranda but on the ascent. I put in bids on a sunset sky suite and an Aqua sky suites still waiting to hear. May I ask what the minimum bid was and how much you bid over the minimum if you don’t mind sharing that information? I’m just trying to see if I have any shot. Thanks

Hey dleahy4444 - I'm not going to be much help as my hubby took care of it.  I do know he bid a little over $2k to get into the just barely "strong" area of the meter.  He doesn't remember what the minimum bid was, sorry.  I'd expect everything to be more expensive on Ascent.  Our daughter just got back from a cruise on Ascent - she loved it and said it was really beautiful :).

I thank you all for the responses.  Did some digging on Celebrity website so now I'm REALLY confused :).  I understand higher gratuities and that's fine.  But the website then goes on to say you don't get "extras"...so do we really have access to Retreat and other restaurants?  I'm really just happy to have the room...may not know until I'm on the ship - going to roll with it no matter the outcome.  Now if they gave me free specialty coffee that would be a real winner!

4 minutes ago, bbfgator said:

...so do we really have access to Retreat and other restaurants?,,,,

Retreat and Luminae will be available. Drinks outside of Retreat lounge are not included. You will earn loyalty points at the level of your originally-booked cabin type (verandah, in your case).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bbfgator said:

Hey dleahy4444 - I'm not going to be much help as my hubby took care of it.  I do know he bid a little over $2k to get into the just barely "strong" area of the meter.  He doesn't remember what the minimum bid was, sorry.  I'd expect everything to be more expensive on Ascent.  Our daughter just got back from a cruise on Ascent - she loved it and said it was really beautiful :).

Thank you for your response. The minimum of the Ascent is 785pp. I bid close to that and the needle didn’t move, as weak as weak can get! Yes the Ascent sky suites are very expensive in my opinion. But it looks like it is a beautiful ship so I think I’ll be very happy in my original cabin. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! 

• Like 1

You get all the amenities that come with the room, just not booking perks.  Booking perks are drink packages, wifi packages, OBC, included gratuities (the later 2 are no longer perks of booking suites anymore).   Amenities are access to Retreat Lounge, Luminae, Priority Seating in Theater (chic nights) and a few other things.  The big ones are Retreat Lounge (on Eclipse it's still called Michaels Club since it hasn't been Revolutionized) and Luminae.  Those Sunset Sky Suites are very nice as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Luminae will be your assigned dining room.

Hey Jelayne - Does it have to be?  We are traveling with friends that would not have access to Luminae and would prefer to stay in main dining.  I know that might sound crazy but I choose my friends :).  I'm sure a call to Celebrity will likely happen before this is over and it will all get worked out.

Not an issue.  It's probably easiest if you stop by the Luminae hostess stand at lunchtime after boarding and discuss with the hostess.  They will make arrangements for you.  I think you should discuss with your friends and dine in Luminae a few times (check for good menu).   You should also be able to invite your friends (for a charge) if space available.

• Like 1