Loyalty level incorrect

I couldn't find my loyalty level anywhere on the new app. Can anyone tell me where it should be? I was concerned because it was wrong on the travel summary. We called and it was fixed. Now she's trying to input our flight info and we've been on the phone with her for over an hour.

7 minutes ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I couldn't find my loyalty level anywhere on the new app. Can anyone tell me where it should be? I was concerned because it was wrong on the travel summary. We called and it was fixed. Now she's trying to input our flight info and we've been on the phone with her for over an hour.

The pictures I added in post 21 were in My Profile section on each app.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

We are having the same problems.

@san diego sueTry this, appears it might work.  Go to the night and restaurant you want to reserve. Go thru the steps to reserve.  There is a pencil showing on the page for new reservation,

click on it and it will show your booking.  In the upper right hand corner is a head with plus sign.   Click and it will ask for additional guest booking number.

i have not progressed past this step as we are traveling alone.

good luck.

Edited by kiwimum

59 minutes ago, jaycruising said:

The apps show me as Ruby but my paperwork and the website show as platinum. 

We've been elite since 2019 and my pic on the app shows the White medallion with the Blue Seawitch. DH's is correct.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

We've been elite since 2019 and my pic on the app shows the White medallion with the Blue Seawitch. DH's is correct.

The new App is crazy

with the loyalty status.  I was black, them the last two days blue and now today back to black.

Just wait, it’ll change.😳

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

The new App is crazy

with the loyalty status.  I was black, them the last two days blue and now today back to black.

Just wait, it’ll change.😳

Lol. So true. It's so annoying. My husbands is gray now but mine is still white with the blue seawitch. Whatever, I guess.

1 hour ago, Goldenrosebags said:

When you log in..click on your profile picture, lower right corner.

Shows your picture, medallion color and should show your level.

Today, it

is correct…black OM  and Elite.

Yesterday was blue.

Progressing…

4 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

On the website the Captains Circle shows I'm elite. That's what matters. The Princess app shows platinum. 

In my experience, medallions that are ordered through the app arrive in the color indicating the status shown in the app.  

On our last cruise our loyalty and medallions were the wrong level/colour so we mentioned it at check in and they said to go to reception on board. We did so and they checked our level and replaced the colour sticker on the medallions with absolutely no hassle whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

In my experience, medallions that are ordered through the app arrive in the color indicating the status shown in the app.  

Except, when you order your OM, that might show the correct color.

Example, my last cruise, I showed as Blue on the App, the order for the OM showed silver/platinum and that’s what I received!  But, I’m Elite!😜

No big deal.  Just a crazy App.

17 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

My cruise history is correct. And on my account on princess.com it says I'm platinum. It's just the travel summery that is wrong. I'd kind of like the correct medallion. Without a sticker because I collect them. Do you think it would help to call someone? Or will they, as usual, not know anything?

The sticker is not noticeable. It's just the inside Seawitch area. It's essentially flush.

The original medallion itself is just a sticker showing your loyalty level.

The engraved name, ship and date are outside the sticker area and not affected..

If you didn't know a sticker was added, you wouldn't know..  you can check your old ones to see what I mean... (And yes, just verified it via mine on my fridge - I can lift off the edge of the logo area, and they're original correct medallions).

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

My experience has been the opposite.  For several months my app indicated blue while my actual.status is black.

In each cruise I have booked the medallions have been correct.

The problem is caused because the App uses a different DB than the main Princess one. When you order a medallion the main db is used. Once you are on board ship, the shipboard DB is used so at that time the App will show correct status.

When you are waiting for your next cruise the data comes from a database connected to the App server. If there was any kind of hiccup when you first initiated your App connection and all of the information got set up in the app database any difference with the main Princess DB would result in a new CC number getting created and loaded in the App DB. Since that CC number was not tied to any past cruises the app would show blue. Fortunately the only real impact was getting the internet discount pre cruise. Everything else would got through the main db or the shipboard db (loaded from the main db).

Unfortunately they did not provide anyway to check your CC# in the App, so no way for a customer to correct the issue.

If there is any differences Princess systems merely create a new CC number.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I just want to make sure I can still embark early. Then I'll worry about a sticker.

Then take your travel summary with you that shows your correct status - if the medallion arrives with the wrong color. 

On 1/6/2024 at 12:59 PM, kiwimum said:

@san diego sueTry this, appears it might work.  Go to the night and restaurant you want to reserve. Go thru the steps to reserve.  There is a pencil showing on the page for new reservation,

click on it and it will show your booking.  In the upper right hand corner is a head with plus sign.   Click and it will ask for additional guest booking number.

i have not progressed past this step as we are traveling alone.

good luck.

Thanks!  We got them added.  What is strange is we can't add them to our reservations in the crown grill. They show as companions and I check the box to add them.  Then I get to the payment box and when i select and book, i get an error message each time.

25 minutes ago, jaycruising said:

I signed out of the app, needed to check my other booking, and then logged back in and I am showing correct status now

Didn't work for me. Shoot. Oh well. Hopefully my medallion will be correct. Thanks for the help.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, jaycruising said:

I signed out of the app, needed to check my other booking, and then logged back in and I am showing correct status now

If I might ask, does the new app actually state your loyalty level, or is it just the color of the medallion shown in the new app’s Profile like I illustrated in post 21?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, does the new app actually state your loyalty level, or is it just the color of the medallion shown in the new app’s Profile like I illustrated in post 21?

It does say my status below my name and the colour in the background matches