We have not taken longer B2B cruises... A question please (Sanctuary?)

Posted (edited)

We are looking ahead into Feb. 2025.  And see a 10 day cruise with a unique itinerary that would take us some places we have not seen.

The one thing is,  this is also offered as a 20-day single long voyage,  beginning 10 days before this one.

Can anyone tell me, in the Caribbean.. do we have any chance, at all, of finding times in the Sanctuary?  especially sea days.

This will be a Caribbean Cruise in Feb.    

We would be boarding at the very first available time, as Platinum.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Probably will be availability. Usually b2b passengers are allowed to book the sanctuary on the day before turn around day. Even if they were not allowed they would be the first ones on board.

Princess offers many cruises as b2bs under a single booking number. Expect 5 to 600 doing the turn around. Even when not offered under one booking number there are still lots of b2b'ers. I do 2,3,4 of them all the time as separate booking numbers.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, skynight said:

Usually b2b passengers are allowed to book the sanctuary on the day before turn around day.

FWIW, when doing b2b cruises we have always been able to book the Sanctuary thru to the end of our 2nd cruise as soon as we boarded.

Edited by LACruiser88

What ship are you on?  Grand class ships have a much larger sanctuary so being platinum will probably get you loungers the first week. If it’s a Royal class ship then I would be very surprised if they weren’t already sold out by the time you got there. And that’s because of all the B2Bs from the week before your first segment. And guess what, now you’ll be those B2Bs on your second segment getting all those reservations. 

So good luck for the first week and you are assured for the second. Again, ship name will help. 

• Like 1

Should be easy for second half but never know on first 10. We boarded at 10:30 went straight up and the waiting list was 20 deep. I now prefer the hot tubs and saunas at lotus spa.

• Thanks 1

Yes, this is a Royal Class Ship,  with those who are booking these two as one voyage, or piecing them together as a B2B, being able to book all the loungers before we board.

This might the one time we would have to cruise without any good chance of getting the Sanctuary.

I have to admit...  I would be disappointed! 

Posted (edited)

There is no such thing as “booking before you board”.  You most likely won’t get spaces for your first leg and will absolutely get reservations for your second. 

It has nothing to do with whether you book them as two 10 day segments or one 20 day segment. It’s when the reservations are available on the ship.

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Of course, I do understand how this works.  (others who are newer to Princess might not)

I don't think anybody is saying to try to 'book' beforehand.

Of course, nobody can book before boarding...

But those Onboard who will be on the second leg of a back-2-back

CAN BOOK/RESERVE loungers through the 10 days that we will be onboard.   

If our sailing is the second half of a (popular) Back 2 Back itinerary, That is sold as one longer voyage,  then, yes,  those who have booked the entire 20 days, and who boarded 10 days before we do...  they could very well have the entire Sanctuary booked before we board.

I have never planned a voyage that is set up like this.  So I was simply wondering if anyone here with experience thinks we might have any real chance at all to find any openings.

Edited by Wishing on a star

I wonder how it works on the World cruise. The WC has 5-6 segments. Do people doing the full ringer get to book days for the third segment or do they have to wait for each segment? 

(I’m hoping that made sense…)

10 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

There is no such thing as “booking before you board”.  You most likely won’t get spaces for your first leg and will absolutely get reservations for your second.

She's not doing the first leg. She's only doing the second and is worried that people doing both will reserve the Sanctuary for the second leg when they first board so there won't be spots available for people coming in for the second leg.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MacMadame said:

She's not doing the first leg. She's only doing the second and is worried that people doing both will reserve the Sanctuary for the second leg when they first board so there won't be spots available for people coming in for the second leg.

Then yeah, no chance of getting a reservation. First it’s advertised as a 20 day cruise and then there are those that are doing a true B2B.

we have booked many 20 dayers in the caribbean for a total of 30 to 40 days at a time, and on day 2 of being on board  have always been able to book 2 loungers for the second 10 days and the remaining days, also.

Tell them that you are also willing to get cancellations during the first 10 days...there are many people who just don't show up, sadly.

14 hours ago, BobAnne said:

I wonder how it works on the World cruise. The WC has 5-6 segments. Do people doing the full ringer get to book days for the third segment or do they have to wait for each segment? 

(I’m hoping that made sense…)

It doesn't matter.  You are on the ship ahead of anyone joining on future segments and worst case is you can book the day before turnover or no worse than before anyone else gets on board.  It will be the same process for anyone already on the ship.  Just ask at the Sanctuary reception how they are booking.  If you are doing WC on Island, there is VERY little shade.