LIVE 💎 Jewel 💎 of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 1/20/24

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of your Jewel cruise! Your pictures have been fabulous too. 

Hope your dog is ok. I always worry about our cats whenever we are away. I’m quite sure that neither of them would willingly accompany out cat sitter to the vet should it become necessary. 🙀  Having a family member available and a mobile vet was a great solution. 

Hope you have a safe trip home. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

@island lady, Are those cows refugees from the former Ben & Jerry’s “Sweet”? 😂

LOL...maybe the parents.  Radiance class been out longer than when the larger ships came out with the Ben and Jerry's suite.   😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We intended to go over to the beach and swim but that never happened 😀

Mostly wandered around and hopped around to a few different bars & had lunch.

First stop was Blue ***** Bar.  

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.1fc7479b91321ccb9ef5284ecefee80e.jpeg

I tried both the Premium and Light Blue ***** Brew.  Both beers were good 👍🏻

DW had an Ameretto Pina Colada which she enjoyed.

IMG_2369.thumb.jpeg.cece84bc588eb70e88837a158a94f129.jpeg

I still have a beloved coffee mug from that restaurant.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Good Morning from San Juan 

IMG_2449.thumb.jpeg.a03744c842672c6cae05a8681fb01031.jpeg

Cabin 1556?   We have that cabin on Radiance Alaska B2B coming up.  Right now we are 2 down from that spot here on Serenade.  Though it's strange...on this ship the cabin numbers are off by one number.  1556 on this ship...is the Royal Suite.  😉 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Cabin 1556?   We have that cabin on Radiance Alaska B2B coming up.  Right now we are 2 down from that spot here on Serenade.  Though it's strange...on this ship the cabin numbers are off by one number.  1556 on this ship...is the Royal Suite.  😉 

We are 1554.  1556 is the royal suite 🤴 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Thanks for the great review and taking us along.  🙂 

Thank you!  🙏🏻  

We are heading out of the cabin to begin our journey home.  I’ll still be posting along the way and will put up some final thoughts once I have some time.

Self Assist was called at 7:09 AM 

We are meeting Edna in schooner at 8:15

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of your Jewel cruise! Your pictures have been fabulous too. 

Hope your dog is ok. I always worry about our cats whenever we are away. I’m quite sure that neither of them would willingly accompany out cat sitter to the vet should it become necessary. 🙀  Having a family member available and a mobile vet was a great solution. 

Hope you have a safe trip home. 

Thank you - Emma is doing good.

Boarding reported that the ointment is helping and she’s itching and shaking her head much less.

• Like 2

We are 1554.  1556 is the royal suite 🤴 

So it must be the same as Serenade.  Weird how those numbers are different on Radiance.  Wonder where the extra cabin number came from on Radiance?  🤔

We are 1550 on Serenade.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...very interesting art work all over the ship.  Always fun to seek out the "eye candy".  😉 

Yes so true.   Serenade is one of our favorites.  We did 2 separate month long sailings on her in the past.   Radiance class with all the glass to sight see is the best.   Nice views from chops and giovannis too.    

Scheduled a quick Uber on the app.  He arrived in about 10 min.  $20 and change plus tip for port to SJU.

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise.   Great review with great photos that helped warm me up during our deep freeze last week.

Safe travels home.   I'm sure your pups will be thrilled to see you😊

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I forgot to put this up last night.

Ducks for sale in the logo shop.  I don’t remember seeing them liberty or radiance last year.

IMG_2447.thumb.jpeg.3e9e86dbfc965d5e9fe6a84c5e3bcb86.jpeg

Seeing how many people bring ducks, they clearly want a cut of the action. And if little Billy can’t find a hidden one, Mom and Dad can buy one and make it all better. 

• Like 4

Airport experience at SJU has been smooth so far.  Forgot to do the USDA bag inspection before dropping bags at the Delta counter.  It was close and went fast.  We have plenty of time anyways.  

while I would love to get home sooner today I hate that morning rush of trying to catch a super early flight.  11am would probably be the earliest flight I would consider booking with luggage’s assistance. 

I guess if everthing went perfectly and you were self assist departure in the first call you could be at SJU by 7:30-7:45am.  I’m going off our first group being called to depart just after 7 am this morning.  Then about 15 min ride to the airport.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Airport experience at SJU has been smooth so far.  Forgot to do the USDA bag inspection before dropping bags at the Delta counter.  It was close and went fast.  We have plenty of time anyways.  

while I would love to get home sooner today I hate that morning rush of trying to catch a super early flight.  11am would probably be the earliest flight I would consider booking with luggage’s assistance. 

I guess if everthing went perfectly and you were self assist departure in the first call you could be at SJU by 7:30-7:45am.  I’m going off our first group being called to depart just after 7 am this morning.  Then about 15 min ride to the airport.  

We have a 10:55 a.m. flight out of San Juan in February after our Jewel cruise. We’ll do self-assist and hope for the best. 🤞 

The activity director and digital marketing something or other visited us in the lounge last night.  They were inviting everyone to come see the first showing of a new show they were starting.  Sounded like they wanted some guinea pigs.  

IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.95a4152409b6f794fd2eeeaf1efc12fd.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

The activity director and digital marketing something or other visited us in the lounge last night.  They were inviting everyone to come see the first showing of a new show they were starting.  Sounded like they wanted some guinea pigs.  

IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.95a4152409b6f794fd2eeeaf1efc12fd.jpeg

Saw "City of Dreams" on the Jewel this past September.  Pretty good production show.  Enjoyed it.