LIVE 💎 Jewel 💎 of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 1/20/24

Always something in ATL.  Been sitting in the plane for 30 minutes.  Now pilot says a pin on the nose of the plane needs reset.  15-20 minutes.  I’m looking at the bright side.  Last time something like this happened we were on the tarmac with doors closed on a 95 degree day roasting.  

image.gif.66192f158268250c5a00ca9512b7b8f0.gif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Now they say the plane needs to go to the hangar to get fixed.  We are getting off and changing gates to get on a different plane….hopefully….if they can find one.  This gets less and less encouraging the longer it goes on.  

image.gif.ec1e2e2d1266a98955543dfa1e595ea7.gif

Good luck. I hope they find a new plane for you. It sucks going through all of this when you just want to get home and relax.

• Like 1

I hope this has a better ending than we did back in November.   We got on our plane.  Ended up having to get off.  8 hours after being at the airport, we are sent to retrieve our luggage and then line up for hotel, meal and taxi vouchers of which only the taxi vouchers worked.  

safe travels home and thanks for taking us along with you! 😊 

Edited by maggieq
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Now they say the plane needs to go to the hangar to get fixed.  We are getting off and changing gates to get on a different plane….hopefully….if they can find one.  This gets less and less encouraging the longer it goes on.  

image.gif.ec1e2e2d1266a98955543dfa1e595ea7.gif

That sucks to have that at the end of a nice cruise.  Me, I would be looking at booking another cruise just to get rid of some stress.

At least you have one booked, and sailing soon.  Let us know on Dani’s thread if you do a live from VV. 

11 minutes ago, maggieq said:

I hope this has a better ending than we did back in November.   We got on our plane.  Ended up having to get off.  8 hours after being at the airport, we are sent to retrieve our luggage and then line up for hotel, meal and taxi vouchers of which only the taxi vouchers worked.  

safe travels home and thanks for taking us along with you! 😊 

I think we have a plane….🤞🏻

Weve had to stay overnight in ATL before on the way to Panama City FL.  Hoping that this is a repeat of that too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That sucks to have that at the end of a nice cruise.  Me, I would be looking at booking another cruise just to get rid of some stress.

At least you have one booked, and sailing soon.  Let us know on Dani’s thread if you do a live from VV. 

Great minds think alike,  There was a little window shopping going on.

I will pop in and let people know.  If I don’t go full on live I’ll definitely stop by dani’s thread with period updates at minimum.

• Like 3

Great news, We’ve boarded plane #2, well, I guess it’s actually the 3rd in total today.  Just that the 2nd one didn’t go anywhere 😉

New departure time is 7:40 (was 5:40)

Really hope the bags are on this plane too 🤞🏻

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...maybe the parents.  Radiance class been out longer than when the larger ships came out with the Ben and Jerry's suite.   😉 

So, hove those cows been on board Radiance since she was built? Must have been the inspiration for the Ben & Jerry’s cows. Now I’m  wondering where those Ben & Jerry’s cows have gone. 🤔

We have yet to sail on a Radiance class. We had one booked but were bumped for a charter. We’ll have to try again. 

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Next ducks will not be allowed to be brought on board. They will have to be purchased on the ship with an 18% gratuity added, of course.

Please don’t go giving them any ideas! 😱

@SteelCityCruiser10, I’m glad Emma is feeling better. She’s a beautiful dog. I’ll be checking Dani’s thread for updates on your VV cruise.

• Like 1

Well Good Morning from Pittsburgh!  

IMG_2471.thumb.jpeg.bc33516f5224a0a83b1298a53f62f2c3.jpeg

LOL no that’s not a thing.  The laundry mountain has taken form.  Edna isn’t answering my emails for housekeeping to come pick it up.  WTH?  🤪🤪

I received the post- cruise survey in my email.  I’ll do that today and try to have final thoughts to wrap this up later on.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Home Sweet Home 🏡 ❤️ 

Been a long day. 

Cheers 🍻

IMG_2470.thumb.jpeg.44711eb1a81f8bab9a3c1eaf4af33517.jpeg

The beer and the sign in the background says it all. Again, thanks for taking us along on your cruise. Cheers. 🍻

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 10:27 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Today we planned to hang in the solarium for a little bit after we returned from the excursion however the pool was drained and closed for maintenance.  They were painting.  Whole solarium was useless unless huffing paint is your jam.  IMG_2284.thumb.jpeg.af3d6372806cd87d8c000dc34883f2cd.jpeg

They did this to us on our Vision cruise out of Baltimore last November. The smell wasn't so bad because it was open-air, but with the weather in the Chesapeake, no one wanted to swim on the main pool deck, and now the solarium pool was made unusable for basically the last 3 days of the cruise. At least they heated the main pool, so as long as you stayed in the water, you didn't freeze. I did not have many fellow swimmers out there, however--just me and the lifeguard!

• Haha 1

Recap & Final thoughts:

Pre Cruise stay:  2 nights at Condado Ocean Club.  Premium Oceanview room.  We really liked this hotel. It was clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable.  Staff was helpful and friendly.  The view from the room was amazing & honestly the main reason I booked.  Pool & beach area was awesome.  They give you 2 free drink vouchers for the hotel bar and 15% off coupon for the store in the lobby.  Within walking distance, There was a ton of food choices, liquor stores, shopping, including a CVS & Walgreens too for those pre cruise necessities.  Walgreens also had wine and beer for the hotel room or if you need to pickup wine for carryon to the ship.  The hotel restaurant was really good.  Cost was more than we would usually spend for a normal 1 night pre cruise stay but because we wanted to spend a whole day in San Juan we chose this hotel for beach and pool access with a ocean view. 

Downside is there is not a free shuttle to the hotel or port and they do have free continental breakfast (although the restaurant is open for breakfast).  Non of these were important to us.  Starbucks was a short walk.

We would absolutely come back to this hotel without hesitation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2