Morning room service

teh3505

It's been since Jan 2020 that I have cruised on a Carnival ship. I am sailing in February 2024.  I have a question: Do you still fill out the morning room service card and leave it on the outside of your cabin door at night?  Thanks for anyone taking the time to reply.😊

Edited by teh3505
spelling

You can also find the room service menu on the hub app. We cruised the Celebration in December and a few mornings had coffee, yogurt, bagels and juice delivered - no charge and delivery was within 30 minutes from calling every time.

• Like 1

Its actually better this way. With the morning service cards we would put a time, but would never really know what time we would get up and sometimes it would come early and jar us out of a sound sleep. 

1 hour ago, pinto18 said:

Its actually better this way. With the morning service cards we would put a time, but would never really know what time we would get up and sometimes it would come early and jar us out of a sound sleep. 

I disagree. We often used room service as our wakeup call, especially if we had to be somewhere (like an excursion meetup). 

I am pretty sure that even back then, you could still call in the morning if you didn't know when you were going to get up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chesfarm said:

The Magic doesn't have morning room service anymore. They don't have much of anything anymore. Just getting off this morning. It wasn't my best cruise. 😞

I had morning room service yesterday. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, babsinpbg said:

You can also find the room service menu on the hub app. We cruised the Celebration in December and a few mornings had coffee, yogurt, bagels and juice delivered - no charge and delivery was within 30 minutes from calling every time.

Were you able to order it on the hub or had to call it in for the morning breakfast?

13 hours ago, teh3505 said:

It's been since Jan 2020 that I have cruised on a Carnival ship. I am sailing in February 2024.  I have a question: Do you still fill out the morning room service card and leave it on the outside of your cabin door at night?  Thanks for anyone taking the time to reply.😊

We will be on the Breeze in February and plan on doing a full review on the free breakfast room service. What ship will you be on?

2 hours ago, chesfarm said:

The Magic doesn't have morning room service anymore. They don't have much of anything anymore. Just getting off this morning. It wasn't my best cruise. 😞

Can you give us any more details on your Magic cruise, i.e. do you mean cutbacks? Lack of service? Cleanliness? 

On 1/21/2024 at 9:09 AM, Pika8347 said:

Can you give us any more details on your Magic cruise, i.e. do you mean cutbacks? Lack of service? Cleanliness? 

I just got off the Magic Sunday. It was an 8 day cruise. If someone hasn't cruise on Carnival recently (since the startup?) I think they will say there are cutbacks (once daily room cleaning/ no steak and lobster on elegant night) but I found my cruise very enjoyable. This was my second time on Magic, the first one was in May 2022. I asked my steward for a bucket of ice on the 2nd day because I was bringing a bottle of white zinfandel back to by cabin and he put fresh ice in my bucket daily after that. I also got towel animals every day.

I ate most meals in the MDR and the service was great most nights. One lady near me made a note that she didn't like mushrooms and the server made several attempts to find her a dinner entre that didn't have mushrooms. It wasn't until the end of the cruise that my glass of water wasn't being refilled after just one sip. lol But there were many apologies when noticed. I even had my coffee cup refilled when sitting on the deck right outside the buffet. I was annoyed by the number of people that came into the buffet in swimsuits and no shoes. I only saw one person told they needed to cover up and the staff person did get them a pool towel so they didn't have to get out of line. I do wish that had been addressed more often.

I saw the stair rails being cleaned seemingly nonstop. I made note how often I saw the toilet paper folded in a triangle when I used the public ones as a gauge of how recently it had been serviced. A lot. I ordered room service one morning, around 7. They told me a 15-30 minute wait, and it was there in less than 10. That might have annoyed some people that were counting on those 15 minutes. Luckily I am a quick showerer, so the timing was perfect.

Overall, it was a great cruise.

• Like 9

You do need to call in for morning coffee delivered to your cabin. But on our Sunshine cruise last November, my wife called in on the first night and scheduled a morning coffee delivery for every morning for the five night cruise.  Did not get a coffee delivery on debarkation morning, but one call set us for every other morning on our cruise.

1 hour ago, NCsonny said:

You do need to call in for morning coffee delivered to your cabin. But on our Sunshine cruise last November, my wife called in on the first night and scheduled a morning coffee delivery for every morning for the five night cruise.  Did not get a coffee delivery on debarkation morning, but one call set us for every other morning on our cruise.

They don't offer room service on debarkation mornings.  I don't think they ever have.  They want you out of that cabin.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, staceyglow said:

They don't offer room service on debarkation mornings.  I don't think they ever have.  They want you out of that cabin.

They definitely used to. We used to order it every debarkation morning until they stopped offering it.

• Like 1