Princess plus v Princess Premier

sandancer

On 1/22/2024 at 4:29 PM, Wonders By Wallis said:

Yes. The Premier package means I can order proper Champagne whenever I want and not sparkling wine. Even though I don't drink to excess, ordering Champagne and top shelf whiskey got me my money's worth. 🙂

Amen on this......I'm a champagne girl and husband is an XO straight up drinker. Premier covered these for us amongst so many other things and we never thought about $$$ the whole trip. Left the ship after a week with an $80 balance due. Will do it again in May.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don’t think you will be disappointed.  We oftentimes upgrade and never regret it!  

Agree. Pamper yourself and try all the high end wines and have a couple of nice quiet specialty dinners and try all the casual. That’s my plan. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, tulok said:

Agree. Pamper yourself and try all the high end wines and have a couple of nice quiet specialty dinners and try all the casual. That’s my plan. 

So true.......we did not regret the premier not one bit!

• Like 4

We've opted for the Plus for our European cruise this August. The difference in pricing between both for our 20 day cruise is $800 and we can spend that on other things like excursions. We aren't overly fussy when it comes to wines and/or alcohol.

• Like 2

Want top shelf wine? Bring a couple bottles of the best with you when you board. Don't want to pay a corking fee when bringing a bottle to the dining room? If you don't ask the waiter to store it for future dinners, there's no corking fee; just take the bottle with you when you leave the dining room! We didn't know this until the last cruise when the waiter informed us of this. Good to know!

wine.gif.772ac85b56b16e38acb57252c0cab1df.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone. Me and my sisters and one BIL just booked a cruise on the Enchanted Princess for August of this year. I took about a dozen cruises with my husband in the past on Norwegian, Holland America and also Celebrity. This is my first cruise with PCL. The rest of my family is cruising for the first time. We had to decide if we were going with the Plus or the Premier. We've decided to go with the Premier package, in part because it's about a $20 a day difference between Plus and Premier, which is doable. But mostly we looked at what it covered and my foodie sisters like the idea of eating and drinking where we want and not racking up individual cover charges and ala carte pricing charges. The expanded beverage menu with top shelf liquors is a draw. We're not big drinkers but it's nice to have pleasant adult beverages during the trip. The other perks are nice too. We're excited for our first cruise with Princess!

Edited by galensgrl
add a thought
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reckoning said:

Question is premier level considered medallion class? 

I read that it also got you an upgraded TV package?

Does premier level also get you a reserved tinder time to princess cay?

Princess Medallion class is about the way the shipboard experience is managed through the Princess Medallion.  Premier package has nothing to do with this.

No upgraded TV package.

No tender reservations.

7 minutes ago, Reckoning said:

Question is premier level considered medallion class? 

I read that it also got you an upgraded TV package?

Does premier level also get you a reserved tinder time to princess cay?

Only to the extent that every passenger has access to Medallion Class.

Here is a link to what the term "Medallion Class" means:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/blog/cruise-tips/what-is-medallion-class#:~:text=Your Medallion® device unlocks,all from your wearable Medallion.

There is no upgradable TV package I'm aware of.

Premier does not give you preference in tender use, but having been to Princess Cay, you're not missing much by a little wait time. Here is what is covered by Plus and Premier.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

44 minutes ago, depplep said:

Hi, I just booked our first Princess cruise for October on Diamond Princess and we booked the Premier package. What does the unlimited casual dining cover?

I think Kai Sushi is about it on Diamond Princess.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:34 PM, Thrak said:

We take the Plus package but have been disappointed with the wine selection. I've looked at actual wine lists and there are much better wines that "fit" the Plus package but they are never offered. If they know I have the Plus package when I ask for a wine list they give me the generic list with entries such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, etc. No brand names or years. It's stupid and really peeves me since, as I said above, I know there are better wines that fit within the price range of Plus. I'm not a wine connoisseur by any means but just giving a generic variety of wine is insulting.

We didn’t take the package as we prefer wine by the bottle.  However sailing at the present and the first wine we ordered we paid over $50 for a bottle of Chardonnay (supposedly the one they serve by the glass) it was very disappointing.. tasted more like a very light Sauvignon Blanc. I guess they could serve it as either!   Hardly anybody in the dining room has a bottle of wine .. the package has virtually killed the wine menu .. just too expensive by the bottle now.  Those drinking wine included in the package have no choice but to drink the generic wines by the glass.  Not sure what you are offered if you go for premier. We are now buying our wine in port and taking it to the table by the glass something we could never have foreseen doing in the past.  
If you enjoy a nice wine .. the drinks package will disappoint.  If you are a cocktail drinker you may do better.  The complimentary sailaway bubbles were just awful and served by the half glass!  
Not sure if this is what is served as ‘Prosecco’.  
we are not wine connoisseurs!  Just know a decent quality wine.  A supermarket brand would put this wine onboard to shame!  

32 minutes ago, Seapals said:

We didn’t take the package as we prefer wine by the bottle.  However sailing at the present and the first wine we ordered we paid over $50 for a bottle of Chardonnay (supposedly the one they serve by the glass) it was very disappointing.. tasted more like a very light Sauvignon Blanc. I guess they could serve it as either!   Hardly anybody in the dining room has a bottle of wine .. the package has virtually killed the wine menu .. just too expensive by the bottle now.  Those drinking wine included in the package have no choice but to drink the generic wines by the glass.  Not sure what you are offered if you go for premier. We are now buying our wine in port and taking it to the table by the glass something we could never have foreseen doing in the past.  
If you enjoy a nice wine .. the drinks package will disappoint.  If you are a cocktail drinker you may do better.  The complimentary sailaway bubbles were just awful and served by the half glass!  
we are not wine connoisseurs!  Just know a decent quality wine.  A supermarket brand would put this wine onboard to shame!  

Right you are! I identified the specialty restaurant wine list online, found the same Seghesio Sonoma County Zinfandel at Krogers for half the price, and brought two bottles on board. Blew the waiter's mind when I pulled out the bottle ("where did you get this?"). And no corking fee if you take the bottle with you when you leave the restaurant.

Drink the best for less!wine.gif.b3e43916434d2e5623bed8cd5acf430a.gif

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seapals said:

Dang. Premier package shows 18.00 glasses of wine. I hope to try some 

Tomorrow we will do a test and report back exactly what wines are available on the wine list to purchase by the glass.  How many on plus and how many extra on premier.  
No doubt it will throw the waiter into confusion as no one asks for the wine list anymore!  
The cheapest bottle we saw last time they found a wine menu was £47.50 plus 18% service charge for a Chardonnay.  It was an awful bottle of wine.  You would be stuck with this by the glass on the plus package.  Which is our main reason for not purchasing as we are more wine drinkers than cocktails. It will be interesting to find which wine they serve as a Chardonnay on the premier.  🤔.  We have had the mini bar set up again (elite perk) which provides more than enough spirits and mixers to suit our taste.  That plus the 50% off wifi package certainly makes a package poor value.  For our 20 nights it would have cost an additional £2000 .. that’s a good deposit on the next cruise!  

10 hours ago, Seapals said:

Tomorrow we will do a test and report back exactly what wines are available on the wine list to purchase by the glass.  How many on plus and how many extra on premier.  
No doubt it will throw the waiter into confusion as no one asks for the wine list anymore!  
The cheapest bottle we saw last time they found a wine menu was £47.50 plus 18% service charge for a Chardonnay.  It was an awful bottle of wine.  You would be stuck with this by the glass on the plus package.  Which is our main reason for not purchasing as we are more wine drinkers than cocktails. It will be interesting to find which wine they serve as a Chardonnay on the premier.  🤔.  We have had the mini bar set up again (elite perk) which provides more than enough spirits and mixers to suit our taste.  That plus the 50% off wifi package certainly makes a package poor value.  For our 20 nights it would have cost an additional £2000 .. that’s a good deposit on the next cruise!  

Look forward to your report Seapals! DH & I sail on our first Princess in August on the Enchanted. We too primarily drink glasses of Chardonnay & some reds. While not connoisseurs, we find with Celebrity with whom we primarily sail, we need to upgrade to Premium. Thank you for doing this and have a great cruise! 

• Like 1