Pool Towel Bogus Charge

So far, the refund hasn't shown up. I'll give it a few more days, and then call C&A, since the rep at the main number customer number didn't exactly give me a good feeling that she knew what she was doing.

Edited by Cruzin-K

7 hours ago, shofer said:

Contact you credit card, they can tell you if it's bogus.

It was LITERALLY a charge from Royal Caribbean.  

I never even mentioned the charge to my credit card, but for those who don't understand, the credit card charge EXACTLY matches the final folio total from Royal. Exactly. To the penny.

The problem was that the last time I looked at the folio total on the ship, it was $250.  Then a few days later, they emailed me a revised folio showing a total of $300 which included the BS towel charge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruzin-K said:

It was LITERALLY a charge from Royal Caribbean.  

I never even mentioned the charge to my credit card, but for those who don't understand, the credit card charge EXACTLY matches the final folio total from Royal. Exactly. To the penny.

The problem was that the last time I looked at the folio total on the ship, it was $250.  Then a few days later, they emailed me a revised folio showing a total of $300 which included the BS towel charge.

Just contact your credit card company

and file a fraud claim on the $50

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I’ve never had a problem; I have disputed many charges with AMEX 

From what I have read on CC, cruise lines handle charge backs differently from most businesses. Will they worry about $50? Probably not. Could you be put on a watch list? Possibly.

11 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

From what I have read on CC, cruise lines handle charge backs differently from most businesses. Will they worry about $50? Probably not. Could you be put on a watch list? Possibly.

I have disputed charges from Royal in amounts as low as a couple hundred up to over $10,000.

If the dispute is valid; why would a corporation hold it against you?

On 1/28/2024 at 8:28 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Just contact your credit card company

and file a fraud claim on the $50

Why on Earth would anyone do this without at least giving Royal Caribbean a chance to make it right?

The credit from Royal hit my card this morning. It took about 8 business days, but I got the refund. No need for escalation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruzin-K said:

Why on Earth would anyone do this without at least giving Royal Caribbean a chance to make it right?

The credit from Royal hit my card this morning. It took about 8 business days, but I got the refund. No need for escalation.

I haven't done that with Royal, since they haven't fraudulently charged me for anything.  But, I have done similar with other companies.   First complain to the company.    Wait a few days, then check if the charge is refunded.   If not, then put in a fraud claim.  I rarely do that, but when they kick up a fuss and try to deny the refund, absolutely.   If they genuinely were going to issue the refund, either the refund will come through before the fraud process is started, or when the CC contacts them, they'll agree to the refund.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin-K said:

Knee jerk reaction from some people too lazy to call the cruise line first? Notice they stated have done it several times. Maybe not all cruise line mistakes but too small to contest. Who has that many incidences?

Glad you got it resolved quickly and appropriately.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Knee jerk reaction from some people too lazy to call the cruise line first? Notice they stated have done it several times. Maybe not all cruise line mistakes but too small to contest. Who has that many incidences?

Glad you got it resolved quickly and appropriately.

Tens of thousands had cruises cancelled during the pandemic; a large percentage of us ultimately had to file fraud claims to get monies back. I is close to $50,000 in claims 

Not knee jerk and NOT lazy 

On 2/2/2024 at 9:08 AM, Cruzin-K said:

Something many may not think of in this situation... Along with the hastle and 8 days waiting to find out how it would work out ,As A Canadian I would also get charged with currency exchange fees on both the debit and then the credit , and still be out a few bucks from something clearly their fault . Another annoyance from something that never should have happened in the first place

Cheers

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 11:50 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

Probably the real reason Royal goes through the bother of checking out towels.   

No, the reason was, if you went to the beach at a port and waited until most people left, there would be hundreds of blue RCI towels left on the beach.

They went to checking them in and out so people would bring them back to the ship.

• Like 1