Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

45 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Is there some sort of rule that things have to go HORRIBLY wrong at work the last day before vacation starts 😲 🤔 

I believe so. Or at about 5 pm on a Friday.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Is there some sort of rule that things have to go HORRIBLY wrong at work the last day before vacation starts 😲 🤔 

Wow!  This would be the earliest that button has to comes out!!

Hope things start looking up!

Hugs from Texas

• Like 3

Following along!  I need my fix as I’m going through cruise withdrawal as last one in October and none planned which is unusual for me.

congratulations on your weight loss!  It’s not easy as we can’t totally give food up!  I believe anything you eat/drink at sea has no calories!  Just like when the bag of potato chips gets low and you cut off the top of the bag (to reach in easier) …once you cut off the calorie part they are calorie free!

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/26/2024 at 9:42 AM, CruiseCrew123 said:

Me too ! Hope to see you on board - Martini Bar ?

Looking forward to meeting you! Yes, martini bar is my first order of business after embarkation day lunch.  I’ll be the one in the map dress singing Peaches & Herb’s “Reunited” to myself while I sip. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Looking forward to meeting you! Yes, martini bar is my first order of business after embarkation day lunch.  I’ll be the one in the map dress singing Peaches & Herb’s “Reunited” to myself while I sip. 

Wouldn’t expect anything less .!  Is it a solo cruise ? 

• Like 1

Work went pretty much as bad as it could possibly go. Quite the day for the record books! Fifteen minutes into my shift a vital piece of equipment decided to malfunction on a day staffing was cut to the bare minimum to accommodate my vacation. Totally worth it for the time off 🙂 Interesting day for sure but it's all behind me now.

My only worry is being too worn out to want to do anything but sleep when I get onboard. I'm down for an afternoon nap after lunch before emergency drill alarms wake me, but I want to be fresh in the evening to make every minute of the night count!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Following along!  I need my fix as I’m going through cruise withdrawal as last one in October and none planned which is unusual for me.

congratulations on your weight loss!  It’s not easy as we can’t totally give food up!  I believe anything you eat/drink at sea has no calories!  Just like when the bag of potato chips gets low and you cut off the top of the bag (to reach in easier) …once you cut off the calorie part they are calorie free!

Enjoy your cruise!

Gotta get that fixed! Even if the countdown is an obscenely large number, gotta have something on the books!

Thanks, I do love my food. I will also be singing reunited onboard but it will be with a large plate of no no foods in front of me!!

I bring my scale with me, and it tends to disagree that calories don't count on vacation 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Question for the Celebrity folks out there.

My first cruise they offered a glass of sparkling wine upon embarkation. Since then that was eliminated because apparently that's how Covid spreads 🙄.

I seem to recall if you knew where to find it, they still offered you just had to know where to look.

Am I imagining that or is that a thing?

If so where might I find such a treat? My elite happy hour drinks won't apply on the first day and Celebrity's policy is now only one bottle of carry on allowed per person instead of 2 per cabin so I need all the freebies I can find to keep costs down on this first night.

• Like 2

The plan is to be on the road tomorrow by 8. That is not a hard deadline and if I need to I have two stops to make. I have to pick up one item at Walgreens. I don't want to travel without it, but I can if I need to. Then if I am really running behind I can skip filling up my tank. I have enough to get me there I just like like to have plenty when I return. I don't like having to find a gas station in South Florida, I don't know where the bad neighborhood's are, but I always seem to find them when I fill up down there 😂

Need to be up by 7-7:30 at the latest which should be doable, the light peeking in my window will surely alert me it's time to get this adventure started!!

Good night everyone, next stop....CRUISE DAY!!!

• Like 13

5 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Question for the Celebrity folks out there.

My first cruise they offered a glass of sparkling wine upon embarkation. Since then that was eliminated because apparently that's how Covid spreads 🙄.

I seem to recall if you knew where to find it, they still offered you just had to know where to look.

Am I imagining that or is that a thing?

If so where might I find such a treat? My elite happy hour drinks won't apply on the first day and Celebrity's policy is now only one bottle of carry on allowed per person instead of 2 per cabin so I need all the freebies I can find to keep costs down on this first night.

Hopefully this isn’t a case of cruising mandela effect (and hasn’t been the subject of a stealth cutback) because I recall this as well.

If memory serves it was the martini bar that would give out the free welcome bubbly.  

Safe travels!

• Like 2

Good morning everyone! 

I feel like I just went to sleep but it's time to wipe the cobwebs from my eyes and get this day going 🥳.

Got a couple last minute things to do then I will hit the road and be on my way. I should have plenty of time to make my 8am goal (which was never a hard deadline anyway). I like a nice leisurely pace so I am not stressed making the journey. Off to a good start so far.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Hopefully this isn’t a case of cruising mandela effect (and hasn’t been the subject of a stealth cutback) because I recall this as well.

If memory serves it was the martini bar that would give out the free welcome bubbly.  

Safe travels!

Thanks, I will check it out.

23 minutes ago, OldTymeCruiser said:

Always like reading your reports. But I have a question. At your age what do you do that you are able to spend so much time at sea ?

I own my own business that I am able to do remotely with reliable internet and I work part time for a good friend who owns her own business. I am transitioning into more full time with less emphasis on my own business so my cruising days are seeing cutbacks going forward but she is still able to accommodate a higher vacation load for me than a traditional work setup would allow.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I own my own business that I am able to do remotely with reliable internet and I work part time for a good friend who owns her own business. I am transitioning into more full time with less emphasis on my own business so my cruising days are seeing cutbacks going forward but she is still able to accommodate a higher vacation load for me than a traditional work setup would allow.

Wonderful! Yes..enjoy while you can during your younger years as perhaps you may settle down and other commitments preclude such adventures. See the world while you can!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldTymeCruiser said:

Wonderful! Yes..enjoy while you can during your younger years as perhaps you may settle down and other commitments preclude such adventures. See the world while you can!

Settling down not likely 🤣. Health issues are the likely cause to slow me down.