Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

1 minute ago, peanut head said:

Thanks for taking us along.  Keep up the weight loss--you are stronger than you think!

Thank you! Next week all bets are off but then I will buckle back down.

• Like 1

As expected today I posted a gain, +1.2. Still have a couple more days to get some more off. 

Steps were also under goal, but I am allowed two rest days a week so the total is not bad for a rest day.

Screenshot_20240125-165217_Pacer.thumb.jpg.0d3386d25f7cb00bd78291702620eb7c.jpg

Screenshot_20240125-165252_Pacer.thumb.jpg.d72e1a5d80d18c5a8ab7c400cab2a759.jpg

Screenshot_20240125-165312_Pacer.thumb.jpg.260890a6ec028cc6cc76d25f9d6001fa.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

So for anyone who did not read my last review, I've been on a weight loss journey that started in August 2021 when I hit 300 LBS. I've always been big, but that was a pretty startling number to see staring back at me from the scale. I'm also not getting any younger and am becoming more aware of the looming health problems if I don't take control of the situation. Especially as I see how my mother struggles with back pain and knee problems that impact her ability to travel comfortably for any length of time.

The first several months I yo yo'ed between 285 and back over 300 again. Then my friend recommended the myfitnesspal app in May 2022 and that has been a game changer for me. It's essentially a calorie counting app and it made me conscious of the calories I'm consuming. It also opened my eyes to some foods that are not worth the calories. I was shocked at how many calories are in a caser salad. If I'm going to use up that many calories, it won't be on a salad! I don't bother with the three bites of lobster at formal night anymore either.

I've had to adjust my strategy as my metabolism adjusted to less calories and heard about intermittent fasting which was a great addition to my diet plan. When I'm fasting, I can eat for eight hours, and then I fast for 16. Since you are asleep for 8 of those, its easier than it sounds especially after a day or two.

In total, I was down to 198.8 when I started my 56 day journey in September. Over 100 LBS lost from my starting weight.

Since that trip and my last cruise that lasted 26 days I gained back 37.8 lbs. I have been working hard while not cruising to take it back off but it has been slower than I would like between the holidays and just a general struggle keeping the calorie count down. My daily allowance is 2085 but I've found anything over 1200 and I am in danger of putting pounds on.

In total I've lost 21.4 since getting off the ship just before Christmas and I can get back into my skinny clothes although they are tight, and will only get tighter as I misbehave for six days.

I suspect I will go up when I weight today since I gave into the munchies yesterday but as of yesterday I am back down to my lowest weight since September 30 🙂 

That’s amazing! You should be incredibly proud of yourself. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

That’s amazing! You should be incredibly proud of yourself. 

Thank you. I still have some work to do but I am making good progress towards being at a healthy weight. 

• Like 1

Check in is done. Celebrity (and royal) have am amazingly easy and quick check in process compared to Carnival. All previous info saved, quick scan of my passport, pic of my ugly mug and I'm good to go.

Parking secured. I use 

Screenshot_20240125-175344_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06143aee00177adeed01139558adfcd6.jpg

I always use park n go from FLL and have only had one bad experience. Many many good experiences so I continue to use them, with caution.

I realized after I booked I used a third party. I did a mock booking direct just now and it was $4 cheaper. Not worth canceling and rebooking I guess but make sure you book direct to save some cash if you pay in full. If you pay at the lot the charge is a little higher to book direct.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to following along.  Congrats on you dedicated health program,  it is worth it in the end.    I also used that program and really helped to make choices and portion control sizes to enjoy what I wanted and still loose or maintain my weight. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, larry_s_taco said:

Glad you are on. I agree Celebrity boarding is usually glitch free. We are getting on Reflection on Feb. 17th. We are looking forward to your input. 

Thank you for following along 😀 

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really looking forward to following along.  Congrats on you dedicated health program,  it is worth it in the end.    I also used that program and really helped to make choices and portion control sizes to enjoy what I wanted and still loose or maintain my weight. 

Happy to have you along! 

Yes totally worth it especially as I age I know it will both get harder to lose and will come with other negative health consequences that I hope to avoid as long as possible. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Happy to have you along! 

Yes totally worth it especially as I age I know it will both get harder to lose and will come with other negative health consequences that I hope to avoid as long as possible. 

You are still young and your metabolism still works well. But making an effort to get healthier is worth it at any age. I am proud of you! Keep up the good work.

At your age I lost 40# on metformin (prescribed for prediabetes) within a year, with very moderate pacing of food intake and very light exercise. After giving birth I gained it all back, and then some more years later during the pandemic, lost 30# during the pandemic, gained some of it back after going on the first post-pandemic cruise.... Yo-yo.... But making an effort again to become a little healthier.

But I cruise to eat. 🙂 We don't eat like this at home. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 1:00 AM, jam19872016 said:

Thank you! I am looking forward to it very much 🙂

Glad to have caught up with you again. Remember to check out the salt and pepper. It could make or break the cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what kind of music do they play?

They have 3 channels red, green, and blue.  The DJ will determine what is played on each but typically red is 70s, green is 80/90s and blue is 2000s.  

You can switch between channels as much as you like.  It's really a lot of fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

You are still young and your metabolism still works well. But making an effort to get healthier is worth it at any age. I am proud of you! Keep up the good work.

At your age I lost 40# on metformin (prescribed for prediabetes) within a year, with very moderate pacing of food intake and very light exercise. After giving birth I gained it all back, and then some more years later during the pandemic, lost 30# during the pandemic, gained some of it back after going on the first post-pandemic cruise.... Yo-yo.... But making an effort again to become a little healthier.

But I cruise to eat. 🙂 We don't eat like this at home. 

I definitely eat poorly on a cruise 🙂 The drinking is excessive too 😂. At least this will be a short one instead of packing on the pounds for weeks and weeks at a time.

8 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Glad to have caught up with you again. Remember to check out the salt and pepper. It could make or break the cruise. 

So good to see you join me! I was worried you could not find your way. I checked the calendar and did not see a request for time off from CC. Alas, you are here now!

I have already informed the maître d of my expectations of matching salt and pepper. So far I have not heard back. I will be following up on the matter once onboard!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gaynors said:

They have 3 channels red, green, and blue.  The DJ will determine what is played on each but typically red is 70s, green is 80/90s and blue is 2000s.  

You can switch between channels as much as you like.  It's really a lot of fun.

And with three channels, it can appeal to lots of people which is why it tends to be so popular. Something for everyone!

1 hour ago, Von & John said:

Looking forward to "Our" new cruise!!!
Have a FANTABULOUS Trip...
We truly enjoy Celebrity...

Cafe al Bacio is a Favorite!

Thank you! Happy you have joined me for another sailing! 

I will be a Cafe al Bacio daily for my coffee fix! I don't like their brand for frappucino (Iglu?) as well as Carnial and Royal but it gets the job done. The snacks though....yummy! I love the tasty treats and usually squeeze in at least one a day if I am not too full still from whatever I just ate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I'll be following along while working on our Carnival Celebration Tribe review. Have a great cruise! 😎

Thanks for following along!

FINALLY finished the live Celebration reviews today just to find I've fallen 30 pages behind on the Ultimate World Cruise live thread...not shortage of great content on CC right now for sure.

Can't wait to start reading your review 😁.

• Like 2