NEW Unlimited casual dining meals - Coral Princess

dmwnc1959

I was reading another thread where on Island Princess the Alfredo’s pop-up sea day lunches may, or were, to be replaced by paid lunches in Sabatini's. If this is to be the case on Island/Coral Princess, will there then be no ‘Unlimited casual dining meals’ when the only option has been removed? Asking for a friend. 😉

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2959847-new-room-service-menu-and-prices/

Alfredo's is still a popup but now it's not free. The Salty Dog Gastropub is also a popup and also is not free. I believe they alternate between the two on sea days.

If you have Plus, you can get 2 free casual dining meals per cruise. Premier fares give you unlimited casual dining. Standard passengers have to pay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Alfredo's is still a popup but now it's not free. The Salty Dog Gastropub is also a popup and also is not free. I believe they alternate between the two on sea days.

If you have Plus, you can get 2 free casual dining meals per cruise. Premier fares give you unlimited casual dining. Standard passengers have to pay.

I’ve booked the Princess Premier. I know this isn’t even close to a Royal-class with the number of dining options, but I was hoping for a few opportunities to use the Unlimited Casual Meals. Do wish Coral Princess has more food venues or even a bigger International Café. Sigh. 🥸This is the first time in well over a decade I’ve booked a cruise for the itinerary and Coral Princess is the best option for a full transit of the Panama Canal using the old locks. 😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I’ve booked the Princess Premier. I know this isn’t even close to a Royal-class with the number of dining options, but I was hoping for a few opportunities to use the Unlimited Casual Meals. Do wish Coral Princess has more food venues or even a bigger International Café. Sigh. 🥸This is the first time in well over a decade I’ve booked a cruise for the itinerary and Coral Princess is the best option for a full transit of the Panama Canal using the old locks. 😁

@dmwnc1959 Off topic - but were you part of the excitement on here when the first Royal Class ship was launched?  Your username seems familiar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dides said:

@dmwnc1959 Off topic - but were you part of the excitement on here when the first Royal Class ship was launched?  Your username seems familiar.

Guilty. 😎 That was truly a blast, and we had sooooo much fun. 🥰

• Like 2

Just now, dmwnc1959 said:

Guilty. 😎 That was truly a blast, and we had sooooo much fun. 🥰

I knew it! You were the OG as far as I was concerned - amazing dedication to detail and for hunting down information 😁

• Thanks 1

Just now, dides said:

I knew it! You were the OG as far as I was concerned - amazing dedication to detail and for hunting down information 😁

It still stands as one of the Most Viewed and Most Replies thread in the Cruise Critic’s Princess Cruises Forum history. It was a huge, huge joint effort between a LOT of us back then, soooo many truly GREAT people. To this day it brings a smile to my face and warms my heart. 🥰

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

The Coral Princess is going into dry dock in Oct. Maybe they'll add some more then. 

I do think that Princess is going to change a lot of stuff before our cruises as well. (I'm doing the Jan 4th, 2025 East->West) so I try not to stress too much about it. I really, really, really hope that they change the 2 this-or-that per cruise into per week of cruising. Because then we'll get double! 😄 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

The Coral Princess is going into dry dock in Oct. Maybe they'll add some more then. 

I do think that Princess is going to change a lot of stuff before our cruises as well. (I'm doing the Jan 4th, 2025 East->West) so I try not to stress too much about it. I really, really, really hope that they change the 2 this-or-that per cruise into per week of cruising. Because then we'll get double! 😄 

The worst part about this is that October is right at the FPT date for me. Argh. If they turn this into another Island Princess I’ll be (insert spitting mad emotions). 

I don’t know how much business they out of the Wedding Chapel and the Princess Fine Arts Gallery, but they could expand Sabatini’s into that space and make a new permanent Alfredo’s and I’d be fine with that. 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

The worst part about this is that October is right at the FPT date for me. Argh. If they turn this into another Island Princess I’ll be (insert spitting mad emotions). 

Oh, that's right. My FPT date is before they even go into dry dock. 

But people complained about the Island Princess changes so much that I'm hopeful they won't be repeated. I'm thinking that the library and Internet cafe are prime places to downsize but I'm not sure what they'd put there instead.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 11:10 AM, dmwnc1959 said:

It still stands as one of the Most Viewed and Most Replies thread in the Cruise Critic’s Princess Cruises Forum history. It was a huge, huge joint effort between a LOT of us back then, soooo many truly GREAT people. To this day it brings a smile to my face and warms my heart. 🥰

OK...for the sake of everyone else who was NOT around when this took place...can we get a link to whatever thread we're talking about?  You've really got me curious now!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK...for the sake of everyone else who was NOT around when this took place...can we get a link to whatever thread we're talking about?  You've really got me curious now!

IDK about the thread link, but there was a big "to-do" over the new Royal Princess - similar to what we have seen for the Sun.  IIRC, there was much more deep dive and digging into details than I have seen for the Sun. Still the Sun seems more revolutionary for Princess brand than the Royal Class which was more evolutionary to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

At the top threads list click on the drop down list and choose Most Viewed or Most Replies. You’ll find this…

IMG_3582.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It will be interesting to hear from those of you doing the long Coral cruise from Singapore to LA, hope you all post.  You get in November 17.  We leave for the Panama Canal on her from there that day.  So from what I understand she’ll be in dry dock, then do this long reposition from there to LA, then LA through the Canal.  So you all are on first look after dry dock and we’ll be on the next one after she gets to LA.  Keep us posted, will look at your roll call too.  Fun!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CPs4591 said:

It will be interesting to hear from those of you doing the long Coral cruise from Singapore to LA, hope you all post.  You get in November 17.  We leave for the Panama Canal on her from there that day.  So from what I understand she’ll be in dry dock, then do this long reposition from there to LA, then LA through the Canal.  So you all are on first look after dry dock and we’ll be on the next one after she gets to LA.  Keep us posted, will look at your roll call too.  Fun!

We will be on the Coral right after the dry dock in Singapore.  I plan on doing a "Live" thread.  Stay tuned...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2024 at 1:04 PM, MacMadame said:

I will be on that cruise as well. I am not to worried about massive changes like the Island had. If they were going to add cabins there would be multiple deck plans and the ability to book aft suites which do not exist today

49 minutes ago, memoak said:

I will be on that cruise as well. I am not to worried about massive changes like the Island had. If they were going to add cabins there would be multiple deck plans and the ability to book aft suites which do not exist today

I can say with 100% certainty that they are not adding additional cabins to the Coral.  Princess realizes what a bad mistake they made with the additional cabins that were added to the Island.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, memoak said:

I just noticed my message was missing the word "Not". LOL

Yeah, I am NOT worried they'll make big changes. OTOH, seeing some of the cool stuff on the new ships makes me wish they'd put them on older ships. But these are public areas where maybe one would be expanded or contracted or replaced by a new one. This is not adding more cabins!

I have a wish list though. It includes more electric outlets and more USB-C outlets. 🤣🤣