Daily grats....what are the inside tips on changing or adjusting these??

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The implication of your comment (at least the way I read it) was the crew member would be accused of doing something wrong if the guest removed gratuities, and thus their performance would be docked. According to JH, gratuity behavior does not figure in to crew appraisals.

You seem to imply the customer is always right, when the fact is, they aren't.

• 2 weeks later...

1) I would never remove the service charges, because crew depend on them to achieve adequate pay - and I think JH is straight lying when he says it doesn't affect performance reviews.

2) ...but I'll also never pretend they are actually gratuities/tips. They're just service fees hiding the true cost of the cruise so the cruise lines can advertise falsely low prices.

• Like 3

Just leave your tips on your account or prepay them if you prefer.  This should be included as a service charge and not be called tips.  If you feel the need to "tip" more, just hand the person some cash.

• Like 4

On 1/29/2024 at 11:19 PM, Kelownabccan said:

Not sure I agree with your statement....I am pretty sure when she slips $20 into the room stewards hand with no one seeing...he or she is not running off handing it in and telling the boss.....but who really knows....not me......

My concern is that if the prepaid tips get split up and you add more to that amount will it get split up as well or go to the person you intended to receive it. How do you make sure it gets to the right person?

8 minutes ago, Cflcruise said:

My concern is that if the prepaid tips get split up and you add more to that amount will it get split up as well or go to the person you intended to receive it. How do you make sure it gets to the right person?

once you hand them the money you lose control over where it goes. All you can do is hand it to who you want to have it. What happens after that is what it is. 

• Like 4