The Rest of the Story

WVU_Neal

Back in early January, I started a thread voicing my concern about HAL Customer Service. It became quite a long thread with various opinions about whether I should ever both with such a trivial matter. 

The outcome was excellent, as I would have expected from HAL…

Sometime after boarding the Rotterdam, where I am currently located, I had occasion to stop by Guest Services on the ship. After the current matter was handily fixed, I asked the agent if she was able to assist me with my concern as she was the first Guest Services person I was able to speak with. Each agent on the Rotterdam has a notebook used to notate their discussion, and this person took notes. At the end of our conversation she asked that I allow her a few days to resolve this matter. 

After the weekend, I received a phone call in my Verandah cabin explaining that a refund of $11 would be added to my onboard account and that a bottle of wine would soon be delivered to my room. (The wine complimented a lovely meal in Pinnacle.)

And that’s the rest.of the story…

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, WVU_Neal said:

Back in early January, I started a thread voicing my concern about HAL Customer Service. It became quite a long thread with various opinions about whether I should ever both with such a trivial matter. 

The outcome was excellent, as I would have expected from HAL…

Sometime after boarding the Rotterdam, where I am currently located, I had occasion to stop by Guest Services on the ship. After the current matter was handily fixed, I asked the agent if she was able to assist me with my concern as she was the first Guest Services person I was able to speak with. Each agent on the Rotterdam has a notebook used to notate their discussion, and this person took notes. At the end of our conversation she asked that I allow her a few days to resolve this matter. 

After the weekend, I received a phone call in my Verandah cabin explaining that a refund of $11 would be added to my onboard account and that a bottle of wine would soon be delivered to my room. (The wine complimented a lovely meal in Pinnacle.)

And that’s the rest.of the story…

Such a happy ending!!!!

• Like 1

Nice to hear about this. Those notebooks have been used for a while now and we have seen them look back several pages to find info.  They really seem to be trying to improve Guest Services and put it on a more useful and profesional level.

• Like 1

Glad to know you received the credit you certainly were owed.

Just curious: In your original thread, you planned to ask for a bottle of wine for your trouble - or did the guest services agent arrange it as a gesture of apology without being asked? 

17 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Just curious: In your original thread, you planned to ask for a bottle of wine for your trouble - or did the guest services agent arrange it as a gesture of apology without being asked? 

I gently suggested it. Did not make a point of it. Guest services was just really good. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, WVU_Neal said:

I gently suggested it. Did not make a point of it. Guest services was just really good. 

I think it’s a good approach to do what you did - to state specifically what you would like to see happen for the issue to be resolved to your satisfaction.

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I think it’s a good approach to do what you did - to state specifically what you would like to see happen for the issue to be resolved to your satisfaction.

That is the best way to resolve issues. Courteous and friendly. And knowing that I’m working with good people. 

I can be firmer with the indifference of so many customer service agents. 

Neal