Is the YC restaurant still open while docked at OC?

Grandma Rambo

On my last Seaside class sailing to Ocean Cay the Yacht Club restaurant was not open for lunch.   Only the Yacht Club pool deck grill was open, and the main buffet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grandma Rambo said:

Hi:  We have a YC booking in September on Seashore.  We are in OC overnight.  We won't be getting off the ship due to mobility issues.  Will we still be able to get lunch and dinner on the ship in YC area?

Was on seashore 3 weeks ago and the prior poster is correct.

• Like 1

It is not open the galley and most of the restaurant staff are ashore staffing the restaurant on the island. The buffet on the pool deck will be open for lunch, you won't have to go hungry or get in line with the reduced masses at the ship's buffet. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

"...or get in line with the reduced masses at the ship's buffet."

In all seriousness, if we ever found ourselves staying on board for some reason and not going to OC, we would eat at the main buffet just for the capriciousness of it. 

9 hours ago, George C said:

We really liked food for yacht club on the island , waiter service had a really nice lobster roll 

You may not even have to miss the lobster roll at One Pool Grill. They often will have the lobster roll available there. I would ask upstairs in the morning at breakfast if they will have lobster rolls at the grill for lunch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

You may not even have to miss the lobster roll at One Pool Grill. They often will have the lThobster roll available there. I would ask upstairs in the morning at breakfast if they will have lobster rolls at the grill for lunch.

Thanks so much.  I love lobster roll and will definitely take your advice.  As much as I love it, I do prefer the "Connecticut lobster roll" which is poached in butter and served on a toasted, buttered hot dog roll.  The other is lobster salad really, but I still love it.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

For those reading here that do not eat shell fish and remain on the ship, and do not eat buffet, they can eat (for a fee or use their complimentary Diamond meal) at Hola Tacos on Ocean Cay day. Or save the complimentary meal and dine for $18 at Hola Tacos all you can eat Ocean Cay day.