Is a concierge cabin worth it?

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

you will be Elite on Celebrity but you can’t transfer the points! So you‘ll have to start your way to the next level - Elite Plus - with zero points.

thats why I dont really care about points with X, I am a cruise away to be diamond plys with royal , Although I love celebrity since I started sailing with them last year I dont think I will focus in points with them since they dont really have good perks tbh. 

2 hours ago, DeckDad said:

I agree the robes in regular cabins are embarrassing. Towels are OK, good hotel quality.

I like the cotton waffle style robes find the other ones too heavy. Towels are great especially on the E class ships. 

2 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

🙄 at least in south FL they dont really care 

Not all cruises start in Florida. Arrive early in Southampton and you can find yourself in a separate line out in the open, with no cover and no seats. Cruisers have posted similar events at other ports. 

Also the staff at the port are employed by the port, not the cruise line, so if you do take a chance and you have to wait  please don't blame X

I did not find it to be. We went on our first Celebrity Beyond cruise last year and I booked Concierge because we had no status, which we are used to.  We did get recognized for our RC status, which was nice but not equal. 

That said, I booked 2 for this year and I got regular balconies.  It wasn't worth it to me as I will never reach the status on that line. We do alot of cruises with different lines. I did like Celebrity very much though. We are going on the Ascent and Beyond again this year to different ports.

9 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

thats why I dont really care about points with X, I am a cruise away to be diamond plys with royal , Although I love celebrity since I started sailing with them last year I dont think I will focus in points with them since they dont really have good perks tbh. 

We also started on Royal many many years back and jumped over the fence 3 points shy of being Diamond. So we worked our way up to Elite Plus on Celebrity - because we were never really tempted to go back to Royal. 

I don’t think the perks are bad but tbh we don’t care for them anyway. We cruise because we enjoy cruising and the destinations. THE perk of Celebrity for us is that they are (still) our favorite cruise line and still better than others - within the same  price range - which we tried. And certainly better or more grown up than Royal. 

Points are also not a factor for us. We are Elite Plus and we will never reach Zenith anyway in this lifetime. 🤣

11 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

For anyone who drinks little or in our case no alcohol and doesn't need unlimited WiFi the Elite+ perks are great: unlimited speciality teas/coffees/chocolate, 240 minutes premium WiFi to use when you want, 2 bags wash and fold laundry, plus during Happy Hour you can stock up with bottled water to last 24 hours plus ginger ale, tonic etc and get a nice juice to take into dinner.

• Like 1

We've sailed concierge twice but only because it was less expensive than a verandah (yes sometimes the prices can be inverted- at least it happened back when we sailed concierge). So I guess for the few extra perks, the value would depend on how much extra it was and how much you value the perks. We would not spend a lot extra for it. It would have to be very close to a verandah price for us to choose it. 

On 2/11/2024 at 1:55 PM, lifeisrealygood said:

I am very surprised that no one is mentioning what my wife considers the best perk of all for concierge class.  First, the robes you receive in a concierge cabin are the bigger, fluffier robes that are actually robes as opposed to the flimsy one in the normal cabins.  She loves the heavy robes for just laying about in the cabin.  Also, the towels are of the bigger fluffier variety.  I am surprised no one has mentioned those two items.  They are delightful, given the nice robes to lounge around the cabin and the big wrap around towels that  can be used after the many showers you seem to take while on a cruise.  We always book concierge.  It is certainly not for the canapes, which are dreadful, or the sparkling wine which is no better than "two buck chuck".  We could care less about the embarkation lunch or the breakfast in a certain place reserved for concierge guests.  It is all about the robes and the towels, and secondly the location of the cabins,  The rest of the stuff is of no benefit to us.  Just our two cents.  

To be honest I didn’t even realize the difference in the robes or towels. Now maybe the towels (I have long hair and something rung a bell when you mentioned that…lol). Only did concierge once. Not worth the extra money(that we paid). 

22 hours ago, newfiegirl4 said:

To be honest I didn’t even realize the difference in the robes or towels. Now maybe the towels (I have long hair and something rung a bell when you mentioned that…lol). Only did concierge once. Not worth the extra money(that we paid). 

We got robes in our Oceanview room on the Beyond this past Christmas cruise. We are Elite though, maybe that was why.

Our first Celebrity cruise was in Concierge, mostly because it was cheaper than a veranda. With the exception of a TA cruise from Iceland, we have stayed with Concierge since; the prices we’ve gotten were not much more expensive than a Veranda, and the extra points added up since we tend to do longer cruises. It helped us make Elite much sooner!

I put the perks in the nice to have but not critical category.