Oceania 2023 Sales Offer History: Be paying attention in 2024

MEFIowa

17 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Today there is a Marina veranda, July 10 night in the Baltics for $1600. The only jaw-dropper in today's search.

Please tell me where you found that. That's allowed, isn't it? I'm not OPPOSED to saving money...and do it regularly 🙂

5 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The current sales disappear soon after I spot them (~within a day), unlike the preview to the Extraordinary Sale last year when the prices would be static for weeks; in fact, I just checked and this one is already gone. I won't share my TA since it is against the CC rules, but it is just a local, family run business who belongs to the Signature consortium (I've been told by a mod that consortia can be named), so find a TA that belongs to Signature and one that belongs to Virtuoso who have searchable websites. Keeping up with jaw-droppers is a full time job, so I'll just wait and see...if no cruise, then there is a lot of Wilderness to get lost in when the temps get too high (which for me is usually May-Sep 😉 ).

Thank you! We haven't had the luck  of finding a good TA but I will keep trying. We tend to wait for a brochure by Oceania and then we would contact a TA. Never got any of the "silent sales" : (

4 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The current sales disappear soon after I spot them (~within a day), unlike the preview to the Extraordinary Sale last year when the prices would be static for weeks; in fact, I just checked and this one is already gone....

So, pretty much unobtainium for the masses. And that is telling. I suspect TAs have loss leaders, too. To get eyeballs and ears.

And this--"Today there is a Marina veranda, July 10 night in the Baltics for $1600."--seems weird since July is a way off and the Baltic is popular. O hasn't had to rely much on sales for Baltic cruises, and I've been watching like a hawk since booking our 2024 Sept Baltic cruise in May 2022. There was a small sale in Oct 2022 that I used to rebook from a G to one of the rare "big" Cs. But since then no sales for either of the 2 cruises we've got as a B2B in the Baltic.

Did pull up Marina's July 16-26 Baltic cruise. Only G, C and B4 are wait listed. F and A1-B3 are available. The least expensive B3 is $4749 without airfare.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/baltic-cruises/london-to-copenhagen-MNA240716/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2024-7%26marketing_region%3Dbalticandscandinavia%26ship%3DMNA%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

Edited by MEFIowa
Typo

I'm going to kick myself later for chasing squirrels, but I can see Insignia's May reroute (due to Suez)...May 13 for 20 nights Dubai to Capetown starting at $2599 for inside and suites starting at $8299. Ports listed are Mahe, Mombasa, Zanzibar, Mayotte, Maputo, Durban.

The June 2nd 22 night Cape Town to Lisbon is at a higher price point...Starting prices: Inside $5599, Suite $10,399
The June 24th 18 night Lisbon to NYC Inside $4799 Suite $10,099.

These are not routes that I've watched at all in the past (we hate summer travel), but they are not listed on the O site, so I'm posting here for people who may be interested. I don't know if they are bookable...I can see them though so call a TA or O if they are of interest.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Did pull up Marina's July 16-26 Baltic cruise. Only G, C and B4 are wait listed. F and A1-B3 are available. The least expensive B3 is $4749 without airfare.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/baltic-cruises/london-to-copenhagen-MNA240716/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2024-7%26marketing_region%3Dbalticandscandinavia%26ship%3DMNA%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

Yep, these sales are extremely temporary at the moment. I keep my eye on "my" cruises since this type of activity about this time last year is what ended up being the ESS which I was able to book many weeks before it was on the O site. The have-my-TA-on-speed-dial sales are only of interest to me if they lead to a more stable sale (I already avoid tedious tasks too much checking updates 😉 ). However, for people like my uncle, they were his favorite travel game (he was king of luxury travel for quarters on the dollar).

16 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Just checked O vs TA again for this itinerary. While the $1600 fare is gone, veranda starts at $3849 and suite $5099 (O $6299). I can't see levels (B4, B3, etc.) without bugging my TA.

4 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Today there is a Marina veranda, July 10 night in the Baltics for $1600. The only jaw-dropper in today's search.

I saw that yesterday, but it appeared to be an error.  When I tried to select a cabin, the price was way higher.  Plus, the price for cabins always seems to end in 99 (or 49 occasionally), so the 00 ending seemed weird/wrong.

1 minute ago, cruiserchuck said:

I saw that yesterday, but it appeared to be an error.  When I tried to select a cabin, the price was way higher.  Plus, the price for cabins always seems to end in 99 (or 49 occasionally), so the 00 ending seemed weird/wrong.

Definite possibility! I did catch a different type of error on the same website a few weeks ago; after I asked my TA about what the sale meant (some sort of "BOGO" but it was appearing on various unrelated brands), it disappeared.

Are you seeing the prices in post 57? I'm interested to see if they are legit but don't want to bug my TA. Like I said...just paying attention to see if my cruises go on sale, plus it's a fun distraction 🍸

11 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Definite possibility! I did catch a different type of error on the same website a few weeks ago; after I asked my TA about what the sale meant (some sort of "BOGO" but it was appearing on various unrelated brands), it disappeared.

Are you seeing the prices in post 57? I'm interested to see if they are legit but don't want to bug my TA. Like I said...just paying attention to see if my cruises go on sale, plus it's a fun distraction 🍸

Yes, I am seeing the $3,849 for B3 and $5,099 for PH3 on several travel agent sites.  I believe this is the same price I saw yesterday when I tried to select a cabin at the $1,600 rate.   

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

Yes, I am seeing the $3,849 for B3 and $5,099 for PH3 on several travel agent sites.  I believe this is the same price I saw yesterday when I tried to select a cabin at the $1,600 rate.   

Given what we've actually paid for 10-night cruises on Riviera and Sirena, cruise only, even that $3849 price is academic. Add in airfare and you're pushing $5000 PP.

Riviera 12/2021 A4: $2099 PP

Sirena 11/2022 B2: $2249 PP

Riviera 10/2023 A3: $1899 PP

Riviera 11/2023 B3: $1749 PP

44 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Given what we've actually paid for 10-night cruises on Riviera and Sirena, cruise only, even that $3849 price is academic. Add in airfare and you're pushing $5000 PP.

In Post #19, you indicated you purchased a G cabin 10/2022 on Sirena for $2499 pp and later upgraded to a C1 cabin for $2849  pp.  That information does not seem to be the same as you indicated above.  🤔

Edited by EJL2023
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

In Post #19, you indicated you purchased a G cabin 10/2022 on Sirena for $2499 pp and later upgraded to a C1 cabin for $2849 pp.  That information does not seem to be the same as you indicated above.  🤔

I'm glad you're tracking what I write so closely! BUT... we have two upcoming cruises in 2024.

I've NEVER been in a C before.

That is starting in Stockholm on Sept 9, 2024. Originally booked as a G (60xx) for $2499 PP on 7 May 22, but rebooked off a sale on 20 Oct 22 as a C1 (70xx) for $2849 PP. This is one of the "big" Cs. Up on deck 7. Forward.

I booked the 11/2022 Sirena cruise while on Riviera 12/2021. That got us a discount. Now I can't remember how much "off" we received. Was it $200 or $250 PP? Sadly, it never went on sale!

5 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Those were all off-season Caribbean, Mediterranean, and maybe a Sirena repositioning. Even at regular price, they are O's value-cruises. As you mentioned earlier, the Baltics are not value-priced as evidenced by the quoted sale prices; however, if a Baltic cruise is a goal, saving ~$1000 per person via a TA's sale price makes the current way-higher airfares less painful.

8 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Those were all off-season Caribbean, Mediterranean, and maybe a Sirena repositioning. Even at regular price, they are O's value-cruises. As you mentioned earlier, the Baltics are not value-priced as evidenced by the quoted sale prices; however, if a Baltic cruise is a goal, saving ~$1000 per person via a TA's sale price makes the current way-higher airfares less painful.

Did you MISS the TITLE of this thread that includes the critical word SALES? The whole point of SALES is to save money. Which I have.

But 12/13-23/2021 is NOT off-season for the Caribbean (right before Christmas), and 11/19-29/2022 isn't too far off peak Caribbean either. I'm from Iowa and it gets cold here then.

I suspect so much of what you want to consider "on-season", esp. Jun-Jul-Aug, is tied to the school year and children in or out of school. My kids are in their early 30s. Nothing was "off-season" in the Med in Oct-Nov of 2023 as we had amazing weather for 20 days. I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt in Venice on 10/29/23 and again in Barcelona on 11/20/23. Was around 65 deg F.

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 2:22 PM, MEFIowa said:

Did you MISS the TITLE of this thread that includes the critical word SALES? The whole point of SALES is to save money. Which I have.

Yes, which is why I'm "paying attention" and alerting people to sales prices that are not on O's site.

But 12/13-23/2021 is NOT off-season for the Caribbean (right before Christmas), and 11/19-29/2022 isn't too far off peak Caribbean either. I'm from Iowa and it gets cold here then.

November to just before for Christmas is most definitely off-season. If you watch prices, they are usually cheaper than similar cruises before/after and also usually go on sale in a predictable manner.

I suspect so much of what you want to consider "on-season", esp. Jun-Jul-Aug, is tied to the school year and children in or out of school. My kids are in their early 30s. Nothing was "off-season" in the Med in Oct-Nov of 2023 as we had amazing weather for 20 days. I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt in Venice on 10/29/23 and again in Barcelona on 11/20/23. Was around 65 deg F.

Nope - been retired since I was 43 and the school year hasn't mattered since grad school.

Face it, you and I have very different ways of saving money. I am willing to shop places other than the O-website while you won't budge. Can we drop the bickering and just provide sale info?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

I think my favorite thing I’ve learned...off season/peak for the Caribbean....

Glad you learned something, but just hope you pay attention to sales. You seem to want to pay attention anything but sales.

Yet you seem confused on two different topics. First, late November is not off season. Second, off-peak season is a different issue altogether. Thus, June-July-Aug would be both off season and off peak season in the Caribbean. While Jan-Feb would be both on season and on peak season in the Caribbean.

NOTE how YOU conflate the two concepts in your response.

- Off season

- Peak season

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

...off season/peak for the Caribbean in late November....

So, as regards cruises and sales:

We will NOT find O cruising in the Caribbean, off season.

And you'll most likely pay more to cruise on O in Jan-Feb in the Caribbean, peak season.

So, IF you want to save money, you may find a good cruise either early or late in the season, but still in season, but NOT in the peak of the season, where you typically pay more for the same cruise.

• Haha 1

As we approach the end of February next week, Presidents' Day came and went yesterday. The New Year Sale ends 2/29. Has anyone heard anything about what the next sale/promotion will be come March 1st?

I am confident that there will be another sale starting March 1.  I noticed that within the last few days, the Oceania ads on CruiseCritic now say up to 40% off, not up to 50% off like they diid before.  Oceania's website now also states up to 40% off.  The prices for several cruises I am watching have not changed.

6 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

I am confident that there will be another sale starting March 1.  I noticed that within the last few days, the Oceania ads on CruiseCritic now say up to 40% off, not up to 50% off like they diid before.  Oceania's website now also states up to 40% off.  The prices for several cruises I am watching have not changed.

That’s probably because of the capacity control per the terms and conditions the few that were 50% off are no longer the part of the current sale.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, osandomir said:

That’s probably because of the capacity control per the terms and conditions the few that were 50% off are no longer the part of the current sale.

There weren't many 50% ones if I recall.

Perhaps only 2 or 3.

One was the revised non-stop (Red Sea)  one from Dubai - Trieste which now has been cancelled

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

There weren't many 50% ones if I recall.

Perhaps only 2 or 3.

One was the revised non-stop (Red Sea)  one from Dubai - Trieste which now has been cancelled

Exactly, that’s why the sale is now advertised as 40% off instead of 50%. One of our cruises in 2025 unexpectedly is the part of the current sale with 20% off. We’ve got the price adjusted and saved thousands of dollars. Also I have noticed that the bookings are going much better than they were before.

• Like 1