Comparison of cabins

Iloveketo

Some things to note.

Cabin square footage includes the balcony. ES cabin interiors are all exactly the same. It is the only the balconies that differ in size.

Vela and Vesta are a new class of ship. We don't know how many more are to be built. The new class is longer (more cabins) and wider (slightly bigger cabins), but still under a 1000 guests.

Priority access to stateroom time. Well, that is what they put in the brochure but the crew is working to have all cabins available as close to 2pm as possible. Viking makes only one announcement that cabins are ready and that is when they are ALL ready. However, guests, especially PV, DV & V, can and should go to their cabins to see if they are ready as soon as they board. Why carry all your hand-luggage around with you if you don't have to?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike07 said:

100x easier to read and understand at a glance compared to what Viking puts out.

Thanks! Answers a lot of question people often ask at a glance done this way. Thanks again for the compliment. All the information was gotten directly from Viking’s website. 

• Like 1

This is so helpful.  Is there anyway that this chart or thread could be pinned at the top for future reference?  Maybe someone more knowledgeable with the workings of CC boards make a request to the Viking board moderators?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

This is so helpful.  Is there anyway that this chart or thread could be pinned at the top for future reference?  Maybe someone more knowledgeable with the workings of CC boards make a request to the Viking board moderators?

If I touch the chart it is highlighted and then I can print it from my web browsers. Hope it helps you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, claranda said:

Nice…but how about adding the sq meterage for us Europeans?!

I took the information off Vikings US website, only square feet were listed on it. Feel free to check with your European website for the square meters of each category and use my chart to create a European version. I don’t mind you using my chart as a basis. 

• Like 1

Nice…but how about adding the sq meterage for us Europeans?!

In metric terms a square foot is a square with sides 0.3048 metres in length. One square foot is the equivalent to 0.09290304 square metres.

• Thanks 1

It turns out, much to my surprise, that Viking (and I suspect most cruise lines) only give their stateroom sizes in sq ft! I usually look for comparisons on a generic site that lists both ft and metres and hadn’t picked up on this. Oh well, even though only three nations still use imperial measurements, the vast majority of cruisers hail from the US (not many from Liberia or Myanmar), so the rest of the world must do the conversion! Not a problem - I’m of an age that remembers imperial…

It turns out, much to my surprise, that Viking (and I suspect most cruise lines) only give their stateroom sizes in sq ft! I usually look for comparisons on a generic site that lists both ft and metres and hadn’t picked up on this. Oh well, even though only three nations still use imperial measurements, the vast majority of cruisers hail from the US (not many from Liberia or Myanmar), so the rest of the world must do the conversion! Not a problem - I’m of an age that remembers imperial…

I agree with you on that.  We, in Canada, also use the metric system.  Having grown up with the Imperial system, I consider myself "bilingual" in both measurement and temperature, with a bit of French thrown in for good measure.  😉

The showers in the JR penthouse suites and above are much larger than the other showers.  A shower seat fits nicely in the shower.  We book with JR penthouse for the larger shower.

We also use the "free" unlimited laundry service.

Thanks for the chart.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:27 AM, MSEm said:

The showers in the JR penthouse suites and above are much larger than the other showers.  A shower seat fits nicely in the shower.  We book with JR penthouse for the larger shower.

We also use the "free" unlimited laundry service.

Thanks for the chart.

I loved the heated towel bar!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MSEm said:

And the heat bath floor.

That’s in all cabins, and we hate it-always turn it off in the newer ships or have the cabin steward do it on the older ones that don’t have individual controls on the wall. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 8:13 PM, claranda said:

You made me smile. As a Scot/European I agree that the metric system should be universal. Unfortunately, the US is out of sync with the rest of the world on so many issues and Viking have to pander to them and their inability to convert to metres, At our local university gym last week an American student jumped on the scales. He  shouted to his friends ‘what’s 68kg in ‘American’? He’s at the top UK university and yet struggles with metric measurements.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 7:47 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Some things to note.

Cabin square footage includes the balcony. ES cabin interiors are all exactly the same. It is the only the balconies that differ in size.

Vela and Vesta are a new class of ship. We don't know how many more are to be built. The new class is longer (more cabins) and wider (slightly bigger cabins), but still under a 1000 guests.

Priority access to stateroom time. Well, that is what they put in the brochure but the crew is working to have all cabins available as close to 2pm as possible. Viking makes only one announcement that cabins are ready and that is when they are ALL ready. However, guests, especially PV, DV & V, can and should go to their cabins to see if they are ready as soon as they board. Why carry all your hand-luggage around with you if you don't have to?

Actually the ES1 cabin is a little larger than the ES2 while the ES1 balcony is smaller than the ES2