LIVE * Discovery * 4-day West Coast Getaway

HBCcruiser

22 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

This is the first suite cruise where I have not yet met my cabin steward. I’ve heard rumors that his name is Romeo but who knows. I’ve called to ask for our 2 mini bars to be switched out, extra towels, robes and an ice bucket. I actually went  to the suite lounge and brought our own ice bucket to our suite. Very different from past cruises. 

Oh that’s not good. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Not a fan of the shrooms or spinach, but I agree, that filet looks perfect. What temp did you order it?

Medium rare. It was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The food was 10/10 forks.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 4

We saw the show Rock Opera which I have seen before. There is no plot. It is more like a song and dance rock review. Keep that in mind if you have never seen the show. The singers and dancers were all very good. Funny though, The Premiere reserved seats were not as good as the ones we found on our own. 

IMG_5457.thumb.jpeg.3747e4e5a21421439bb8004086e31820.jpeg

IMG_5458.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser

You know I'm jealous. NCL took them off the menu completely, so there's zero chance of me getting any a week from now.

Very envious of you overall today, just as the snow was melting we woke up to another inch or two dusting of snow over here. Nothing bad and this has been one of the mildest winters we've had so I'm not complaining, but I am so looking forward to my daily vitamin D doses next week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Medium rare. It was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The food was 10/10 forks.

Glad your filet came out properly. My wife and I have found that ever time we've ordered a Medium Rare filet it was good a short distance into it and then extremely rare for the majority of the filet. I have finally resorted to asking them to butterfly the filet before cooking and then it has come out perfectly medium rare.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Breakfast today. Yes, @Sailing12Away Princess has the hash browns!

IMG_5462.jpeg

What Princess serves as "Hash Browns" is not what I consider hash browns! It's more like the fast food version.

Hash browns should look like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.70c29418861f9f649690642c5914cfa0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

You know I'm jealous. NCL took them off the menu completely, so there's zero chance of me getting any a week from now.

Very envious of you overall today, just as the snow was melting we woke up to another inch or two dusting of snow over here. Nothing bad and this has been one of the mildest winters we've had so I'm not complaining, but I am so looking forward to my daily vitamin D doses next week.

You are going to have a blast especially in that GSC villa! Maybe if you tell NCL that Princess still has the hash browns they’ll bring them back!😏

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thrak said:

What Princess serves as "Hash Browns" is not what I consider hash browns! It's more like the fast food version.

Hash browns should look like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.70c29418861f9f649690642c5914cfa0.jpeg

Ahhh but some of us LOVE those crunchy little triangular ones they serve onboard. NCL did away with them much to our disappointment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ahhh but some of us LOVE those crunchy little triangular ones they serve onboard. NCL did away with them much to our disappointment. 

If they’ve got that crunch … can’t resist. Without the crunch … move along. 

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Breakfast today. Yes, @Sailing12Away Princess has the hash browns!

IMG_5462.jpeg

I have cruised with Princess for 30 years and they have always had these or the round ones. Not my favorites but doable 

Edited by memoak