LIVE * Discovery * 4-day West Coast Getaway

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

Make sure you take time to see the magician, Elliott Hunter. He will have a stage show in the Princess Theater and later a fun close-up show in the Vista Lounge.

I’m wondering if they are trying out some of these magicians for the Sun’s Spellbound. We have been to the Magic Castle several times and know the caliber of those magicians. I can’t wait to see what they do on the Sun! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have cruised with Princess for 30 years and they have always had these or the round ones. Not my favorites but doable 

Yes, if I have breakfast in the buffet I tend to put a fried egg on top of the "puck" and toss a dash of Tabasco on top of that as well. If I want good hash browns (as well as really excellent bacon) I go to a local diner where they do breakfast right. (I don't really have to order there as our waitress knows what I want for breakfast. 🤪) We tend to take our youngest granddaughter there for breakfast when she stays over for the night. She gets a huge hug from the waitress (we always sit in her section) and she tends to call it "Chris' Restaurant" as our regular waitress is named Chris.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, if I have breakfast in the buffet I tend to put a fried egg on top of the "puck" and toss a dash of Tabasco on top of that as well. If I want good hash browns (as well as really excellent bacon) I go to a local diner where they do breakfast right. (I don't really have to order there as our waitress knows what I want for breakfast. 🤪) We tend to take our youngest granddaughter there for breakfast when she stays over for the night. She gets a huge hug from the waitress (we always sit in her section) and she tends to call it "Chris' Restaurant" as our regular waitress is named Chris.

Love a great diner! And keep the coffee coming. 

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Home fries is where it’s at

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Home fries is where it’s at

If I could get the Suite breakfast in Sabatini's I would order the potatoes with poached egg and Hollandaise on top. Ahhh... would love to have that right now.

Lunch at Gigis. Ate lighter to save room for tonight’s 360. 

IMG_5468.thumb.jpeg.db3a52344edbd6f59cdaad12c99e3a71.jpeg

IMG_5469.thumb.jpeg.f048026d350ec9477c2c0087b784b404.jpeg

Mozzarella

IMG_5470.thumb.jpeg.e6fdf50013c2c387d69507c2d1aea38f.jpeg

Angolotti 

IMG_5471.thumb.jpeg.30a1de334d32c100d1807c19bb1eaf47.jpeg

Food was ok. The Angolotti was very good but hardly any veal as stated earlier. I was ok with that because I did not want to eat to much.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2024 at 8:18 AM, HBCcruiser said:

Welcome to a LIVE review of our 4-day winter getaway cruise on the Discovery out of LA. I work in education and our schools are closed for President’s Day, so this cruise fit into my work schedule perfectly - not to mention the fact that I am finally retiring this year in June 🥳 🥳, so this is a retirement celebration cruise for me!  

On 2/13/2024 at 9:53 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Congratulations on your retirement! I’m looking forward to following along!

I also celebrated retirement on a Princess Cruise. They sang Happy Retirement to me in the CG which I recorded and shared on social media. I hadn’t really told many people so that was a fun post. 😊

My last official day of work was on Island Princess Oct 2005 (I'm really not that old LOL) sailing RT Hawaii from San Pedro. Cruising is great but celebrating special occasions onboard is even better. Thanks for letting us follow along on your cruise......we board Discovery Feb 24. 

• Thanks 2

Seeing the Crooners Martini cards sparked a memory of "complimentary Martini tasting" on Sapphire Princess in 2006. Bar tenders made the martinis and servers came around with trays of "samples" in shot glasses. Lots of fun and look what I found in our bar?? I don't think they've ever been used. Will definitely have a look and see what ones I want to try on our Feb 24 cruise.

Crooners Martini Cards.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

My last official day of work was on Island Princess Oct 2005 (I'm really not that old LOL) sailing RT Hawaii from San Pedro. Cruising is great but celebrating special occasions onboard is even better. Thanks for letting us follow along on your cruise......we board Discovery Feb 24. 

My last official day of work was celebrated at a campground. I left the office for the last time on June 15, 2016 and "officially" retired on August 15, 2016. Loved those last two months of "work". 🥰

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’m wondering if they are trying out some of these magicians for the Sun’s Spellbound. We have been to the Magic Castle several times and know the caliber of those magicians. I can’t wait to see what they do on the Sun! 

Well, Elliott was signed on for a year which will be up in August, so I doubt he was trying out. Since you mentioned the Magic Castle, Elliott is a member and started there in the Juniors program (for talented youth age 13 - 20). His photo is in the display cabinet that talks about the Juniors. 

I too wonder who I'm going to see when I board the Sun Princess for the Magic Castle Conjurors Cruise on November 9. I go to the Castle a few times a month (I'm going tomorrow) but no one has said they will be working in Spellbound. If I see Erika Larsen (daughter of two of the founders), I'll ask her if she knows.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

If I could get the Suite breakfast in Sabatini's I would order the potatoes with poached egg and Hollandaise on top. Ahhh... would love to have that right now.

That is my husband's favorite!!!

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Maybe on the eclipse cruise you can join me and Adam in the sky suite and we will order that. 8

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Maybe on the eclipse cruise you can join me and Adam in the sky suite and we will order that. 8

Wowie Zowie! Now that's a pretty generous offer. 😲

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

360. Amazing! 🎤💧!

Nice pics but I thought they didn't allow photos at the 360 dinner. Guess they have changed that rule. I'm glad as I will never be attending so it's good to see some pics.

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Nice pics but I thought they didn't allow photos at the 360 dinner. Guess they have changed that rule. I'm glad as I will never be attending so it's good to see some pics.

We took lots of photos and video on the Enchanted's 360 this past November.

24 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They do now. All photos and vids allowed.

8 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Do you change which Wineries you visit or do you have a set of favorites?

Both. This one is new and we like it! I’m getting a bottle of Cabernet. We are visiting one that we really liked before but trusting our driver Jorge to introduce us to new ones. I highly recommend him if anyone wants to do a private tour. He’s really great and a great communicator through What’s App the moment you book with him. He also does micro brewery and tequila tasting tours.

• Like 5