LIVE * Discovery * 4-day West Coast Getaway

HBCcruiser

55 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Parking was fine. Lots of people leaving so we were fine. Discovery is the only ship in port right now. They let people into the terminal at 10. Through security Green Lane. Now we are waiting in the Elite lounge. 

IMG_5329.jpeg

Thanks on reporting about the parking lot and the Elite Lounge.  I didn't know there was one in San Pedro.  Good to know.

Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

@HBCcruiser  If you happen to pass by the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar and have the time, please kindly take a picture of the food menu (don't need the drink menu).  We would like to know the A la Carte menu, and not the $14.99 set lunch menu.  We will be boarding next Saturday for 3 b2b2b, and if possible, would like to decide before boarding if we want to eat lunch at Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar or the main dining room.  TIA.

18 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

@HBCcruiser  If you happen to pass by the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar and have the time, please kindly take a picture of the food menu (don't need the drink menu).  We would like to know the A la Carte menu, and not the $14.99 set lunch menu.  We will be boarding next Saturday for 3 b2b2b, and if possible, would like to decide before boarding if we want to eat lunch at Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar or the main dining room.  TIA.

IMG_5359.thumb.jpeg.a14148c9d8313da2c9d0463ed18a0c64.jpeg

IMG_5360.thumb.jpeg.74d3498a8041a925bcb9bbf3d1c39f10.jpeg

• Like 1

I've often wondered what the suite lounge was like. Thanks for the pics as I will never be able to find out for myself. That's a crazy big balcony! Sailing on Discovery for the first time this coming April so glad to see anything about the ship.

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I've often wondered what the suite lounge was like. Thanks for the pics as I will never be able to find out for myself. That's a crazy big balcony! Sailing on Discovery for the first time this coming April so glad to see anything about the ship.

You never know. We got the upgrade for $200!

On 2/13/2024 at 8:29 AM, HBCcruiser said:

We live really close to the port – about 40 minutes – and plan on leaving our car parked in the lot right by the terminal. It is so easy IMO. 

Our cruise starts next Saturday, and our plan is to park our car there.  According to info on Princess website, the parking facility is called Parking Concepts, for $20/day, and courtesy shuttle will be provided from parking lot to the cruise terminal.  Is this the same parking facility that you mentioned in your post that is "right by the terminal"? 

Our plan is to have our friend drops us off at Berth 92 because we have quite a few luggage.  Then he will park the car and take the shuttle back to the terminal.  If it is the same parking lot you parked, can you tell me how long it took to drive to the parking lot from the cruise terminal?  Also, how long you waited before shuttle available to take you from the parking lot to the terminal?

Thank you.  

This is the first suite cruise where I have not yet met my cabin steward. I’ve heard rumors that his name is Romeo but who knows. I’ve called to ask for our 2 mini bars to be switched out, extra towels, robes and an ice bucket. I actually went  to the suite lounge and brought our own ice bucket to our suite. Very different from past cruises. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Our cruise starts next Saturday, and our plan is to park our car there.  According to info on Princess website, the parking facility is called Parking Concepts, for $20/day, and courtesy shuttle will be provided from parking lot to the cruise terminal.  Is this the same parking facility that you mentioned in your post that is "right by the terminal"? 

Our plan is to have our friend drops us off at Berth 92 because we have quite a few luggage.  Then he will park the car and take the shuttle back to the terminal.  If it is the same parking lot you parked, can you tell me how long it took to drive to the parking lot from the cruise terminal?  Also, how long you waited before shuttle available to take you from the parking lot to the terminal?

Thank you.  

There IS a courtesy shuttle that drives around the berth 92/93 parking lot; but the lot is maybe the size parking lot of a super Walmart..so I mean..unless you have mobility issues, the shuttle isn’t really needed.

this is the “port parking” that everyone parks at.