Icon Deck 14

I've been assigned to deck 14 o.v. balcony starboard side.  What do yall think about this cabin deck - too high, etc.  Should I try and get it changed.  It was a gty balcony.  Thanks

1 hour ago, hollon said:

I've been assigned to deck 14 o.v. balcony starboard side.  What do yall think about this cabin deck - too high, etc.  Should I try and get it changed.  It was a gty balcony.  Thanks

Lots going on above you on deck 15. We always go as high as possible with one cabin deck above us. If you want to make a change it's best to know what cabin number you want to change to. Do not mention that you were in a GTY cabin.  If you used a TA they need to call and make the change.

1 hour ago, hollon said:

if you are on deck 14 I would assume that you were assigned a D2 or a D4.  Those cabins are only available on decks 12 and 14 and I doubt there are any available to switch to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hollon said:

It is doubtful you will be able to change cabins, but it can’t hurt to call RCI and ask about it. This is the risk you take when booking a guarantee cabin, getting a cabin you are not happy with. Having said that, I would be happy with a deck 14 ocean view balcony. The only potential downside, which fortunately isn’t an issue for me, is you will feel the ship rocking being up that high. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

if you are on deck 14 I would assume that you were assigned a D2 or a D4.  Those cabins are only available on decks 12 and 14 and I doubt there are any available to switch to.

yes, i'm a D2

I had cabin 14642, which is on starboard mid-ship, on the Inaugural. I was a bit worried about overhead noise and the overhang just above.  Neither was a problem. I don't remember any disturbing noise above. The overhang was good for me, because I like some mid-day shade, but if you want full sun all day, you might want to check where you are. The only downside was not seeing the full overhead sky at night, but that was very minor.

I also get a little seasick, but again there was no problem. I liked walking up 1 floor to the Windjammer. I'd take a 14th deck cabin again without hesitation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida Fan said:

I had cabin 14642, which is on starboard mid-ship, on the Inaugural. I was a bit worried about overhead noise and the overhang just above.  Neither was a problem. I don't remember any disturbing noise above. The overhang was good for me, because I like some mid-day shade, but if you want full sun all day, you might want to check where you are. The only downside was not seeing the full overhead sky at night, but that was very minor.

I also get a little seasick, but again there was no problem. I liked walking up 1 floor to the Windjammer. I'd take a 14th deck cabin again without hesitation.

thank you, this makes me feel better.  What does the overhang look like? Do you have a picture?

23 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

To add to this we were on deck 14 in 14604 on the inaugural only heard deck chairs being moved around 6 a few times but nothing loud or bothersome. Would do it again tomorrow!!

thank you